Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna (19832 Views)

Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term For Impersonation In Abuja / Uber Driver Bags Jail Term Over $50 Internet Fraud / Internet Fraudster Bags 35-Year Jail Sentence In Ilorin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Nollyzonenews: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
The Kaduna Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has secured the conviction of one Emuze Omosigho Emmanuel (aka Thomas Brooks) for offences bordering on cheating.

Justice Darius Khobo of the Kaduna State High Court on July 8, 2019 found him guilty of the one-count charge preferred against him after he pleaded “guilty” to the charge.

His journey to jail began when operatives acted on intelligence report indicating that he engages in fraudulent activities and had defrauded unsuspecting individuals of their hard-earned money.

The charge against him reads: “That you, Emuze Omosigho sometime in 2019 at Kaduna within the jurisdiction of the High Court of Kaduna State, did with intent to defraud attempted to commit an offence to wit: Cheating against one Julia Munoz of Lubbock, Texas, Martha French and Brenda Davis by sending them scam mails using your Instagram, FaceBook and plenty of phishing e-mail addresses posing as one Thomas Brooks, with the aim of obtaining financial benefit for yourself and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 57 of the Kaduna State Penal Code Law, 2017 and punishable under the same Section.”

He along side his other conspirators forged and impersonated documents purportedly emanating from different organisations where they claimed to be engineers and members of other reputable occupation.

Following his guilty plea, counsel for the EFCC, S.H Sa'ad, informed the court of the plea bargain agreement between the prosecution and the defence.

He was thereafter, sentenced to one year in prison with an option of  N100,000 fine.

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/07/09/internet-fraudster-bags-jail-term-in-kaduna/

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Ebukawaylaid(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
Nigeria youths, this is not the best way to go. You can work legit and still make it.

I dedicate my FTC to my EBSU colleagues in Eco department final year. It's a sign of good things ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by iCauseTrouble: 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
E be like say me sef go soon start yahoo. Imagine, 1 year imprisonment with an option of fine shocked

5 Likes

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by 2019elections: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Nigerians just de struggle to have their names on whiteboards.

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by ainas247: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
undecided
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by corenewsonline: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Uhmm
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Sambisa is the only safe haven for gboys. They shud go

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by landmark86: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Eyan Naira Marley
Eyan Zlatan Ibile
Eyan Huspuppi
Eyan Seunn Nairala...

2 Likes

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
UP EFCC!!

Agency of the year 2019 already!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by TheChaseNetwork(m): 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Wawu

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Benekruku(m): 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Just NGN100,000

Rubbish!

But one must still commend EFCC and His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) for their stance and fight against corruption

3 Likes

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by axeman10(m): 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
I bet some people came to make mockery of El Rufai here...myself inclusive! cry

Tbh, this clampdown should come more... Prisons are in terrible mess, otherwise I'ld be clamouring for no option for a fine.

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by anonymous1759(m): 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
Good judge grin grin grin grin grin I know badbelle people wey nothing concern them go dey boil. tongue Hustle your bail Niggy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Starryg0(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
Say no to fraud
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Knsley(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
End of the road!
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by onehouse(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
how come some fraudster get the option of fine whereas some others don't? Doesn't same rule in the book of law cut across every similar cases?

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by SchoolBoy97(m): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
Another one!!! grin grin

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by bencarson007(m): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
EFCC should also go after our politicians...

4 Likes

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
I have absolutely no sympathy for these fvckers
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Christan62ar:
[sup][/sup]

Thunder fire your left nyash and paralyzed you. Idiot
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Carlyboi(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
Wow EFCC seems to be miracle workers now!to what purpose is this charade really?if we wanna deal with this then they should it!This nonsense has to stop!efcc enriching themselves with these boys properties which are proceeds from their fraudulent acts for a get out of jail free card disguised as plea bargain has to stop.Govt should engage our youths meaningfully socially and economically then there shd be stiffer punishments cos all these aren’t gonna deter anyone!a month,3,5,months a year five with an option of a fine is simply playing to the gallery,social media threatrics!The government first needs to tackle this menace of youth unemployment without it we’re simply gonna be running in circles!Maybe Buhari with Magu won’t mind to put more than 50% of his active and vibrant population behind bars tho!without concerted efforts to create an enabling business environment and jobs we can’t make any headway!

2 Likes

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by mixta140: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
To hell ....der go dey talk say na der great grand father moni den dey collect....make dey no find better job � � �if der no gree collect moni again nw na moni ritual der go do last last...
R no dey pity dem if dey caught dem.

For stubborn STD check my signature.
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Usanga35: 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
bencarson007:
EFCC should also go after our politicians...
Na only God go punish em if em.no follow arrest politicians ...Amen

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by tiger28: 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
WHILE some Thieving politicians are STILL awaiting trial SINCE 2007 Thank God I be Yankee Citizen!

1 Like

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by doublecross(m): 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
Benekruku:
Just NGN100,000

Rubbish!

But one must still commend EFCC and His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) for their stance and fight against corruption
i swear to God, you are a f00l

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Benekruku(m): 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
[s]
doublecross:
i swear to God, you are a f00l
[/s]
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by doublecross(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
E be like say me sef go soon start yahoo. Imagine, 1 year imprisonment with an option of fine shocked
okay
Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by doublecross(m): 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
Benekruku:
[s][/s]
no matter how you see it, you will remain a fool nigga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internet Fraudster Bags Jail Term In Kaduna by Benekruku(m): 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
[s]
doublecross:
no matter how you see it, you will remain a fool nigga
[/s]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dauda Danladi: Police Accused Of Torturing 33-year-Old Man To Death In Bauchi / Policeman Arrested For Allegedly Raping 7-year-old Girl Inside Kiosk / Medical Doctor Arrested For Carrying Out Abortion In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.