Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport (5800 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / UKBA Officers Caught In Lagos Filing Fake Visa Application For Maid / UKBA Staff Are Rejecting African Visas Unfairly - Independent Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by OmoTier1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2010
21 September 2010: E-passports will replace machine readable passports from 31 December. From 31 December 2010, the Nigeria Immigration Service will stop issuing machine readable passports (MRP) and will replace them with the new ECOWAS Electronic (Smart) passport, known as an e-passport. Customers, who have a machine readable passport (MRP) that has a valid visa after 31 December 2010, will be required to obtain and present an e-passport before they are allowed to travel. For more information, please visit the nearest Nigeria Immigration Service office.

soucre:http://www.ukvac-ng.com/news.aspx
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by goofy124: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2010
that is the real u most be hold e-passport by the end of October if u are in outside the country
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by mojounited(m): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2010
that is the real u most be hold e-passport by the end of October if u are in outside the country

^^^
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by babaowo: 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2010
e-passport again?nigeria government are cow reared by whitemen fulani,God help naija ooooo
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by denony(m): 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
i don't care, i am using mine
by xmas i will obtain Biafran Passport grin
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by hackney(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
undecided
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by adexchamp(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2010
I think this is a welcome development,no more old pali, welcome to d new world
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by ROCKJ1(m): 7:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
this is old news, almost everyone has the new e-passport and we know the old one cant be used next year. even embassy's dont give visas on the old passport, please dont raise peoples BP for nothing oh!
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by ROCKJ1(m): 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2010
this is old news, almost everyone has the new e-passport and we know the old one cant be used next year. even embassy's dont give visas on the old passport, please dont raise peoples BP for nothing oh!
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by justwise(m): 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
babaowo:

e-passport again?nigeria government are cow reared by whitemen fulani,God help naija ooooo

Please don't be silly.
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by Myself2(m): 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2010
goofy124:

hic hic,are you as think as I drunk you are? hic
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Oct 12, 2010
Myself2:

Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by lastpage: 12:09am On Oct 13, 2010
@Myself

Very funny! grin
hee-heee-heee "his computer must be high on drugs"!
grin grin grin hic-hic-hic
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by madprof(m): 2:12am On Oct 13, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

21 September 2010: E-passports will replace machine readable passports from 31 December. From 31 December 2010, the Nigeria Immigration Service will stop issuing machine readable passports (MRP) and will replace them with the new ECOWAS Electronic (Smart) passport, known as an e-passport. Customers, who have a machine readable passport (MRP) that has a valid visa after 31 December 2010, will be required to obtain and present an e-passport before they are allowed to travel. For more information, please visit the nearest Nigeria Immigration Service office.

So? Is there some amazing discovery/hidden realization in any of this?
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by tellmemore(m): 6:09am On Oct 13, 2010
ROCK-J:

even embassy's dont give visas on the old passport, please dont raise peoples BP for nothing oh!

Says who? I'm to pick up my passport with a visa. Its the old one I'm using.

Omo_Tier1:

Customers, who have a machine readable passport (MRP) that has a valid visa after 31 December 2010, will be required to obtain and present an e-passport before they are allowed to travel[/b]. For more information, please visit the nearest Nigeria Immigration Service office.

It says after 31 Dec.
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 13, 2010
Guys what this means is that if you have a Visa on the old passport that expires after Dec 31, you will need to present the new e-passport at the Airport before you are allowed to board.

My UK Visa is on my MRP which was to expire in 2009 but I have been using my e-Passport to travel to the UK since December 2008. I simply cancelled the old passport and present both old and new at the immigration desk.

The entry clearance officer in the UK then stamp the new passport and annotate it with VIPP meaning Visa In Previous Passport.

I've been in and out over 10 times in the last 2 years with no issues.

Hope this clears this up.
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by gididi: 6:06pm On Oct 13, 2010
UNITED NATION JUST APPROVED E-BIAFRAN PASSPORT. ACCEPTED ALL OVER THE WORLD WITHOUT VISA.
GOOD NEWS.
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by mystikal(m): 8:16am On Oct 14, 2010
mumu
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by moonraker(m): 7:19am On Oct 17, 2010
guys, i am also in this dilema, i have intentions of going back to

nigeria in december to get it done, after i receive my passport,

do i need to transfer my visa to the new passport at the embassy in nigeria??
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by justwise(m): 8:09am On Oct 17, 2010
moonraker:

No, you don't need to do that, you present both at the airport and the new one will be stamped.
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2010
Guys read please read the entire thread before asking questions.

Some of the previous posts already contain the answers you seek.

For Example

moonraker:

This was previously answered
ahonohai:

Guys what this means is that if you have a Visa on the old passport that expires after Dec 31, you will need to present the new e-passport at the Airport before you are allowed to board.

My UK Visa is on my MRP which was to expire in 2009 but I have been using my e-Passport to travel to the UK since December 2008. I simply cancelled the old passport and present both old and new at the immigration desk.

The entry clearance officer in the UK then stamp the new passport and annotate it with VIPP meaning Visa In Previous Passport.

I've been in and out over 10 times in the last 2 years with no issues.

Hope this clears this up.
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by dapson40: 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2010
am sorry to inavde all the word fight going on but i need to get the new e-passport and i need it as soon as possible so anyone who can get it within days should leave contact.

N.B. : I wont pay until i know it is very genuine or i have my e-passport in my hand.
Re: Ukba Nigeria Annoucement Regarding E-passport by 4realty: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2010
This is so hilarious!!!! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Scary Photos:China's 240 Metres High Glass Bridge I Walked On / FG Receives 5,219 Stranded Nigerians From Niger, Libya, Others / Gabon On My Mind; Tell Me What You Know About The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.