Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? (2884 Views)

Please What Can I Do At This Stage? / Flogging Toddlers- Is It Really Necessary? / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by NobleView(m): 8:58am On Jul 10, 2019
c
Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2019
oglalasioux:
When we understand we can stay in marriage and fvck whoever we wish, divorce will stop.
grin your own deh your body o.
Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by catwalq(f): 10:16am On Jul 10, 2019
Marriage is more than all those mushy feelings because they wane with time. It takes commitment and a conscious effort to do the work required to make marriage thrive.

So,when just one person or no one at all is putting in effort,marriage is doomed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by KanwuliaExtra: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
stupidity:
its still all about greed sir. The marriage vows if you ask me is “for better for worse”

Why take that bold step in the first place when one can’t keep to the vows.

No matter what the situation might be, there’s a solution to it if you ask me. If couples going through this phase can put their self interest and sentiments aside, they can sure make the marriage work instead of opting for a divorce.

“NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION MIGHT BE”?
Even in life and death? cheesy
If you say “I do”, you ALWAYS have the right to say “I DON’T”! Love and marriage na by force? undecided

Apply all these to YOUR OWN marriage.
Let others do as they please.
If they choose to be “greedy” as you call it, their choice! kiss

1 Like

Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
The answer is simple, many people marry for the wrong reasons. I remember a girl I was once dating, a very pretty chic, she meant the world to me and I wanted to spend every moment with her, sacrificing time I could have spent with family and friends. I was lucky I didn't rush into marriage. It was after almost 2 years of dating I started realizing that this is a highway to an early grave.
I did see a lot of traits I didn't like quite alright but I was still in the infatuation stage so those things didn't matter. It was after the initial fantasy had weaned off I realized that this was going to be a disaster if I have to spend the rest of my life with her. I would have divorced her in months, no joke.
This is just a classic example of what happens to most people. However, the woman I ended up marrying, I married her not for superficial reasons, I took my time to make sure she met my requirements and thank God it's working out well. it's been almost a decade of bliss and happiness. Divorcees in my opinion made bad decisions, irrespective of what prompted such decisions.

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by desvi: 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
stupidity:
After months or years of courting, proposed in public for the gram, lavished money on marriage celebration. Then both parties wakes on up one day, each armed with lawyers and head to court for a divorce.

What brought them together in the first place and what evil force is the cause of the sudden hatred? I can’t seem to understand professing heaven and earth to someone and then wake up one day saying “I nor do again”

EDITED please o, ignore my moniker and contribute to the thread. I’m not stupid when it comes to matters like this. grin

they don't wake up one day armed with lawyers
it is a long process until it comes to this
Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by desvi: 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
catwalq:
Marriage is more than all those mushy feelings because they wane with time. It takes commitment and a conscious effort to do the work required to make marriage thrive.

So,when just one person or no one at all is putting in effort,marriage is doomed.

when is a marriage thriving?
Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by djon78(m): 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2019
The major issue is human nature.
The truth be told average humans are very selfish, self centred and lacks the capacity for real true love.
What most humans call love is not love.
It is just more of a feeling, most times based on physical leaning and sensual passion which most times burns out with time.

True love is a spirit it is not physical
It supersedes/superior to human feelings and passions
True love is not selfish and self centred, it considers the other persons feeling.
Men and women that have this understanding of what love is meant to be do have good marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by lilyheaven: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
stupidity:
From your first sentence, are you saying people change after marriage? Revealing their true colors?

If people can court for months to around 10 years, professing heaven and earth to each other then why cant they stay together say a year to 10years after marriage? Most marriage these days end in months sef.

How can courting be “HEALTHY” then after marriage it becomes “UNHEALTHY” all of a sudden? I find it funny and provoking.

While courting, they lived in different houses, family members and extended family members were not involved, children were not there.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by lilyheaven: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
TissuePaper:
lol, see bro there is no law that compels anyone to get married, don't give in to peer pressure, those your friends will never tell you the rigours that they have been experiencing in their marriage.

Don't you just love how free you are now smiley, free to tour the world, living without marital commitments, slaying any pussy you like... You only live once bro, don't waste your most active years in the shackles of a woman.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
See advice.......
Tissue paper
Re: How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? by LordKO(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2019
bukatyne:

@hhaahahahahahahaha at edited.

A lot of people do not know who they are before they get married. So they marry in ignorance and regret when they realize that the person they married is not who they need.

People are also not observant during courtship. People don't change in marriage, they manifest.

Some people don't realize that they need to metamorphosize to what their spouses need them to be at each point on time as long as it is not compromising their core principles.

If not that kinship doesn't automatically signify ethical leanings, I would've told you to introduce me to any of your unmarried sisters, lol. Kudos.

Self-realization is it. A human being true life journey begins at any point s/he achieves self-realization - full or above average emancipation - and if poorly handled, the most common pronounced separation/divorcement words "irreconcilable differences" will automatically take its course.

One of the most difficult task in the world remains two people who don't share same ethical leanings pursuing oneness - unity is possible if managed well, but oneness is impossible to achieve in such setting.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I Die Today, My Kids Will Only Inherit 2,350 Naira / Welcome To The 21st Century Where Everything Is Less / Why Is He Still In My Thoughts After 9years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.