Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. (40572 Views)

Who Remembers The Name Of This Book? / Sylvester Oromoni's Father Weeps As He Remembers Son's Dream To Become Pilot (vi / Throwback Pics Of Iwilade Afrika, Omoyele Sowore And Lanre Legacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by datigbogirl: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2019
ThierryJay:

Oh my God, more memories, I know all these persons you've mentioned o. What's your elder brother's full/partial name?

Yinka Lawal...red house.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by datigbogirl: 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2019
ThierryJay:

I was in Red House. I still relate with my colleagues from my set and below after we all graduated even from the university. There was a guy called Commando in red house (if you know him), he was a very good friend of mine.

He was the Head Boy na! FGC Ikirun's 1st Headboy! grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by datigbogirl: 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
wroskian:

Wow! I knew it from your comment. I belong to '05 set.

Lol, what in my comment gave me away?
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by datigbogirl: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Bibidear:
lol,jeez u are my senior.....finished year 2008...........i should know u.......what house where u in

Okay. Was in Red house...
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by ThierryJay: 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
datigbogirl:

Yinka Lawal...red house.

Really? I know him very well. We were in the same class in JSS1-3A. He was a bit lanky then with a broad slightly fair face grin

Our teachers were Misters Olanrewaju, Salau, Amusan, Esan, Idowu while the ladies were Mrs Igba, Salau and some I don't remember.

Our house master was Mr Ikotun, very funny man. Great memories I've got of him. There was one other lanky teacher who was very agile and could run very fast and climb walls. He often chased students from the hostel to lunch with a cane lashing at the buttocks of the unlucky ones who could not run fast enough grin I've forgotten his name.

My friends were Commando, Dare Omole, Ayorinde Ougnrinde, Seun Ajayi, Bayo, Yemi, Tolu Alabi , Tosin Iyiola, Seun Adeyemi, Akin Paul, Kayode Abiola, Sanmi, Tayo Akanfe, Wale Okunola, Dem plenty o

I wish I could turn back the hands of time!
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by datigbogirl: 9:58pm On Jul 12, 2019
ThierryJay:

Really? I know him very well. We were in the same class in JSS1-3A. He was a bit lanky then with a broad slightly fair face grin

Our teachers were Misters Olanrewaju, Salau, Amusan, Esan, Idowu while the ladies were Mrs Igba, Salau and some I don't remember.

Our house master was Mr Ikotun, very funny man. Great memories I've got of him. There was one other lanky teacher who was very agile and could run very fast and climb walls. He often chased students from the hostel to lunch with a cane lashing at the buttocks of the unlucky ones who could not run fast enough grin I've forgotten his name.

My friends were Commando, Dare Omole, Ayorinde Ougnrinde, Seun Ajayi, Bayo, Yemi, Tolu Alabi , Tosin Iyiola, Seun Adeyemi, Akin Paul, Kayode Abiola, Sanmi, Tayo Akanfe, Wale Okunola, Dem plenty o

I wish I could turn back the hands of time!

I know them all, but my brother wasn't fair in my eyes oh, he was let me say chocolate cos me I'm yellow. Yellow is fair, anything else is Black cheesy
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by ThierryJay: 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
datigbogirl:

I know them all, but my brother wasn't fair in my eyes oh, he was let me say chocolate cos me I'm yellow. Yellow is fair, anything else is Black cheesy

Lol, he was a bit fair to me then sha.

We used to go into the forests around the school then on adventurous missions.

He should be a daddy now cheesy
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by charmi1(f): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
if you love creating new things, then don’t waste your time, and start learning Free Classifieds In Pune at Daisy.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Banmeallday: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
Sowore, the best President Nigeria never had......yep pity a coupist is back again to fulfil Dan Fodio’s dippin in the sea....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86gQfc1h50A
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by Alhajiemeritus: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
ernesterioo:
This Afrika like native wears oooo between how will the Vice chancellor negotiate with cultist to kill a student union executive. Is that VC still alive?
The exact reason he was nicknamed Africa...
He loved his native wears.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by dalass(f): 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
So Sowore was at OAU? No wonder. Great Ife people plenty on Nairaland.

RIP Africa undecided
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by mayorsweet(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2020
Continue to rest in peace, George Yemi Iwilade.
Re: Omoyele Sowore remembers his Friend, Afrika. by McStoic(m): 9:33am On Jul 11, 2022
otipoju:
That brutal night.

Kegites were having a world gyration on campus, so the many new faces on campus were not alarming.

The killed Afrika in his sleep. While screaming Awo Machine come out, we need blood.

I remember one other guy they killed saying as his life slowly ebbed away " God, we did not plan it like this"

So which part did you play in the whole event bro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing / How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.