Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

BREAKING: UK Amb. To The US Kim Darroch Quits Over Leaked Cables - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: UK Amb. To The US Kim Darroch Quits Over Leaked Cables (911 Views)

Breaking News- CIA Worried Over Leaked Documents, As Pentagon Worries / Donald Trump's Entire Legal Team Quits A Week Before Impeachment Trial / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: UK Amb. To The US Kim Darroch Quits Over Leaked Cables by donaldeke(m): 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2019
The U.K. ambassador to the United States has quit in the midst of a scandal caused by comments he made about President Donald Trump that was leaked to the British media.

In the leaked cables, Kim Darroch allegedly called Trump "inept" and "uniquely dysfunctional," according to a report from the Daily Mail published Sunday.

Ambassador Darroch announced his resignation after Trump dialed up his criticism of the diplomat on Tuesday, calling him "wacky" and "a very stupid guy."

In a letter to the U.K. Foreign Office announcing his resignation, Darroch said that the "current situation is making it impossible for me to carry out my role."

"Since the leak of official documents from this Embassy there has been a great deal of speculation surrounding my position and the duration of my remaining term as ambassador," he wrote. "I want to put an end to that speculation. The current situation is making it impossible for me to carry out my role as I would like. Although my posting is not due to end until the end of this year, I believe in the current circumstances the responsible course is to allow the appointment of a new ambassador."

Continue HERE:

https://www.reporterswall.com/breaking-uk-amb-us-kim-darroch-quits-leaked-cables/
Re: BREAKING: UK Amb. To The US Kim Darroch Quits Over Leaked Cables by GMBuhari: 12:48am On Jul 11, 2019
Some idiots gleefully call Buhari all sorts of names yet , nothing ...

(1) (Reply)

US Files-lawsuit Against China Over Coronavirus / Iran Has 3,000 Ballistic Missiles, Many Could Reach Israel Says US General / Ukrainian Military Helicopter Shot Down By Stingers Manpad(viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.