Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released (16782 Views)

Teacher, 26, Charged With Sexually Abusing 15-year-old Boy She Met In Church / George Floyd: Derek Chauvin Charged With Murder / Mastermind of Abuja bank robbery arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by wegomakeam: 8:55am On Jul 11, 2019
Two students of the University of Abuja, who were charged with culpable homicide by the police, have been admitted to bail in the sum of N5 million each.

The students, Christian Francis, 17, and David Ogwu, 16, were arraigned before an FCT High Court in Nyanya by the police on July 3. They were accused in a three-count charge of conspiracy, failure to give information and culpable homicide.

The students, who are 100 level students of University of Abuja, were alleged to have gone to the Dome Hotel Abuja for a pool party on April 27 where the police alleged they conspired to commit the offence.

According to the chilling report, the jealous friends watched Emmanuel Balogun drown at the pool because his family is rich and he was the toast of many girls in their school. Read here

The prosecution counsel, Mr Dabo Yakubu, told the court on July 3 that the defendants and one Emmanuel Balogun now (deceased) entered the pool together to swim on April 27.

He alleged that when the defendants noticed that the deceased had drown, they swam out of the pool, dressed up and went to school.

He further alleged that the defendants failed to inform any public servant that the deceased did not know how to swim. Police said the offence contravened sections 97, 224 and 138 (b).

The defendants however pleaded not guilty to the allegations against them. Following an application by their counsel, the trial judge, Justice Mohammed Idris, yesterday, granted them bail.

Justice Idris also ordered the defendants to produce one surety each, who must not be below the level of an assistant director in the federal civil service.

He added that the surety must have landed property in Abuja and must swear to an affidavit of means while the defendants must deposit their travelling documents with the court.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/07/two-uniabuja-students-charged-with.html?m=1

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by wegomakeam: 8:55am On Jul 11, 2019
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by JudasNaCarrot: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2019
That is the beginning of the end of this case and these wicked devils will go free.

Buhari see your life?

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by noble2faith(m): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
undecided
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by iornenge81(m): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
Ooooo
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
This is Nigeria
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by tsinzu: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
Buhari why
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by ivolt: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
With a good lawyer, they will walk free.
Callousness is not illegal.

12 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Philipmems(m): 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
What Charge them for murder because they did not render aid to a drowning man? Really Nigeria, how did this case even get to court- (because the deceased
man's family is wealthy). Ever since Nigerian leaders have been watching its constituents slaughtered like animal who has been charged or taken to court

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Neddstark: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2019
Naira Marley was released on bail. Hope this case wont be like his. Nigerian judiciary is becoming a joke
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by SolarKing247: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2019
cry
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by SocialJustice: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2019
JudasNaCarrot:
That is the beginning of the end of this case and these wicked devils will go free.

Buhari see your life?
Did you even read the story? Na wa sha.

Lalasticlala this is a human life lost that we're talking about here. Nowhere in the story was it stated that the accused boys have met their bail conditions of N5m each and like sum in landed property surety. You guys will soon get into serious trouble for distorting facts to attract cheap traffic.

5 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Franzee(m): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2019
So because his family are rich...and girls deyfollows am that why una conspire against am....

This happens when your friends are not in your league...or don't think like you or don't act like you....

Real Friends share something in common just like Husband & Wives....Either they reason same way or act same way....

If you have friends that don't think like you or act like you or share same goal.....think straight and be wise mind the way youfollows them or talk to them ....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by BackToLife: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2019
Good news has becomes so scarce these days, you don't even know if you'll be next. Yet people are so carried away by thinking they are enjoying sin, unconsciously perishing with a perishing World. Love has really waxed cold that the sight of blood and death don't even remind people of their own. Indeed, we are at the very very End Time. Give your life to Jesus and follow him today, tomorrow may be too late.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by patorial(m): 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2019
Person Way go swimming, em no Sabi say em no fit swim
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by SocialJustice: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2019
Katasha:
My bro from the SouthAfrica bought me this data.
I want to sell it abeg. Wetin I wan use about 100gig do.

Am selling 10gig for 3k.

Airtel Line please. Send me a whatsap Message.

No bargain abeg. Hope you know its cheap. Please No bargain.
New format. grin Na so you want take make money to live life abi?

11 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by patorial(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Philipmems:
What Charge them for murder because they did not render aid to a drowning man? Really Nigeria, how did this case even get to court- (because the deceased
man's family is wealthy). Ever since Nigerian leaders have been watching its constituents slaughtered like animal who has been charged or taken to court
i don't even understand the whole conspiracy sef

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by patorial(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Philipmems:

i don't even understand the whole conspiracy sef
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by idonhammer: 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Cool down,I am waiting for clearance and approval from the Senate to know what to do in this matter.For now,I am so confused.

JudasNaCarrot:

Buhari see your life?

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Ferdinandu(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
The story is chilling but with good lawyer they are supposed to walk free.
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by foreshore(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2019
wegomakeam:
Two students of the University of Abuja, who were charged with culpable homicide by the police, have been admitted to bail in the sum of N5 million each.

The students, Christian Francis, 17, and David Ogwu, 16, were arraigned before an FCT High Court in Nyanya by the police on July 3. They were accused in a three-count charge of conspiracy, failure to give information and culpable homicide.

The students, who are 100 level students of University of Abuja, were alleged to have gone to the Dome Hotel Abuja for a pool party on April 27 where the police alleged they conspired to commit the offence.

According to the chilling report, the jealous friends watched Emmanuel Balogun drown at the pool because his family is rich and he was the toast of many girls in their school. Read here

The prosecution counsel, Mr Dabo Yakubu, told the court on July 3 that the defendants and one Emmanuel Balogun now (deceased) entered the pool together to swim on April 27.

He alleged that when the defendants noticed that the deceased had drown, they swam out of the pool, dressed up and went to school.

He further alleged that the defendants failed to inform any public servant that the deceased did not know how to swim. Police said the offence contravened sections 97, 224 and 138 (b).

The defendants however pleaded not guilty to the allegations against them. Following an application by their counsel, the trial judge, Justice Mohammed Idris, yesterday, granted them bail.

Justice Idris also ordered the defendants to produce one surety each, who must not be below the level of an assistant director in the federal civil service.

He added that the surety must have landed property in Abuja and must swear to an affidavit of means while the defendants must deposit their travelling documents with the court.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/07/two-uniabuja-students-charged-with.html?m=1

Wicked soul, maybe killing him will make them rich.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by livebyday(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2019
Wait they are accused of murder because they didn't give into save a drowning class mate ??

Is it established they can swim? Who.trained then?

This case looks like oppression. Forget if they were jealous of the guys status that's besides the point . These kids are small children they saw a colleague friend ng maybe they froze in fear!

This reminds of a similar case when I was a kid in unilag

Some popular kid drove for grind awards with his friends they were all drunk had a car accident only the rich kid died ! His mum.goes beserk arrests all the kids who were in the car accuses them of letting her son drive knowing.he was drink because they were jealous

So this is very similar ... Supposing they were scsed they would drown too these are just little boys 16 and 17 years of age

This case stinks angry

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by thewon1(m): 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
Philipmems:
You should not just pick your phone and type anything you like in a matter you know nothing about

7 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Slymonster(m): 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hmmm. Alot of people have died in this country due to jealousy.
Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by Damfostopper(m): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
Katasha:

Am selling 10gig for 3k.

979372 bawo......?

data wey expired on June 9......?

are you handicapped?...... go sell am give company

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by onilanre(m): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2019
Katasha:

Am selling 10gig for 3k.

Scam alert. Be wise ooo my ppl.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Balogun: 2 University Of Abuja Students Charged With Murder Released by thewon1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2019
[quote author=livebyday post=80158557]Wait they are accused of murder because they didn't give into save a drowning class mate ??

Is it established they can swim? Who.trained then?

This case looks like oppression. Forget if they were jealous of the guys status that's besides the point . These kids are small children they saw a colleague friend ng maybe they froze in fear!
[/quote
The fear also makes them stole his cloth from the dressing room and ran away immediately so that others will think the boy has gone abi? You don't know the full story, you don't have to comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Absu Gang violation: Victim Agreed To Be violated – Police / Court Convicts Evans, Two Others Of Kidnapping Businessman, Donatus Duru / Seven Die As Gunmen Raid Hotel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.