Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 (617534 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (605) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 22, 2019
Chriswazo:

Having a blocking confirmation does not save you if the embassy starts requesting for it. They normally specify the required amount in your AM, it has always been 8640, I guessed later, AM's will carry 10236 or so and you wouldn't send 8640 to them then. The block confirmation itself states the amount u blocked

Are you saying its more advisable to complete it now?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 9:31am On Jul 22, 2019
Eromose08:

Are you saying its more advisable to complete it now?

If you have it, is better to top up now.

My understanding of this new BA is that it affects everyone going for winter, let me show u this excerpt

"Government has announced that the minimum amount of money one will have to deposit on a blocked account will increase to €10,236 as of January 2020. This change will be effective as of 1 September 2019 and applies to all student visa applications after this date.

At the same time, this means the amount of money a student is allowed to withdraw every month will increase from €720 to €853 starting from 1 September 2019."

This new rule means that the government has mandated the Block account issuers to pay out 853 euros monthly, and they won't pay less than that, beginning from 1st Sept. This simply means also, everyone that has a BA of 8829 will have to top up to be able to unblock by Sept, it will be made compulsory as i understand.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by SouthHomieMob: 9:39am On Jul 22, 2019
[quote author=Chriswazo post=80510286]

If you have it, is better to top up now.

My understanding of this new BA is that it affects everyone going for winter, let me show u this excerpt

once blocking contract has been issued for the winter semester and you have done d interview. I think you dont need to top it up. will fintiba release two contracts then ?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 9:42am On Jul 22, 2019
SouthHomieMob:
once blocking contract has been issued for the winter semester and you have done d interview. I think you dont need to top it up. will fintiba release two contracts then ?

So we thought, but not until they withdraw your column for visa upload to initiate process for ur BA unblocking, u will now understand the contract does not bound in the event of a change in government regulation. Even the embassy sighting ur BA blocking has the prerogative to reject it based on the dynamics of this new rule
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by dolpaz: 9:56am On Jul 22, 2019
[quote author=SouthHomieMob post=80510487][/quote]

With this new developement, This is how it´ll span out

If you have done your interview already and awaiting AM, then you´ll likely be affected in many ways.

1) The embassy would likely start giving out visa for Winter from 3rd week of august. the reason is that some schools are still on Summer session and most schools finishes summer by July 31st. and resumes by the 2nd-3rd week in Sept. Hence, you could be asked to resubmit the blocked account with 10k. That means Even if you have submitted your passport and insurance for visa and it spans across sept, you´ll still be asked to resend a blocking confirmation of 10k.

2) If peradventure you escape Lagos and land in DE, you can´t escape the 10k unless you come in Before Sept 1, get an accommodation from naija and change your status instantly which I think is very rare. Cos you´ll still have to battle with enrolment, settling down, insurance bills and so on. so, when you go for residency permit extension, as a first-timer in DE, you´ll be asked to resubmit the new blocking confirmation because you would have fallen into the bounded date (Sept 1) as Its a government regulation and nothing can be done about this.

At the moment, I doubt if anyone coming for winter will escape this new development. My advice for anyone and everyone is to have the seperate balance readily available incase of emergency. I know things are tough but with God, all things are possible.

Keep up the spirit guys..

Gemeinsam sind wir starke !

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2019
Chriswazo:

So we thought, but not until they withdraw your column for visa upload to initiate process for ur BA unblocking, u will now understand the contract does not bound in the event of a change in government regulation. Even the embassy sighting ur BA blocking has the prerogative to reject it based on the dynamics of this new rule

But what if we top up after our interview?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by SouthHomieMob: 10:03am On Jul 22, 2019
it sounds absurb somehow for u to top up in DE tbh. I aint pass the bar but i know what is legal and what is not. If you do not meet requirement u wont be even allowed to cross border. To add up in DE is quite impossible provided you had your interview before the new rule effects
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2019
dolpaz:

If you have done your interview already and awaiting AM, then you´ll likely be affected in many ways.

1) The embassy would likely start giving out visa for Winter from 3rd week of august. the reason is that some schools are still on Summer session and most schools finishes summer by July 31st. and resumes by the 2nd-3rd week in Sept. Hence, you could be asked to resubmit the blocked account with 10k. That means Even if you have submitted your passport and insurance for visa and it spans across sept, you´ll still be asked to resend a blocking confirmation of 10k

2) If peradventure you escape Lagos and land in DE, you can´t escape the 10k unless you come in Before Sept 1, get an accommodation from naija and change your status instantly which I think is very rare. Cos you´ll still have to battle with enrolment, settling down, insurance bills and so on. so, when you go for residency permit extension, as a first-timer in DE, you´ll be asked to resubmit the new blocking confirmation because you would have fallen into the bounded date (Sept 1)

At the moment, I doubt if anyone coming for winter will escape this new development. My advice for anyone and everyone is to have the seperate balance readily available incase of emergency. I know things are tough but with God, all things are possible.

GBAM, more than 99 percent here gets enrolled and settle in Sept, so there is no escaping.

The only people also that has comparative advantage are those that have gotten their passport with visa back from the embassy, we that just have AM just get one leg in and out.

If u can travel to DE without topping up, i believe u can struggle to top it up there even if it means borrowing but it all boils down to a long wait and delay to unblock the BA, hence is more imperative to have adequate extra cash to sustain u temporarily.

Where there is a will, there is a way, some people sef d go without BA on just SL runs and still survive, i believe the later case is better in my own scenario currently.

Thank u bro Dolpaz for coming

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 10:08am On Jul 22, 2019
SouthHomieMob:
it sounds absurb somehow for u to top up in DE tbh. I aint pass the bar but i know what is legal and what is not. If you do not meet requirement u wont be even allowed to cross border. To add up in DE is quite impossible provided you had your interview before the new rule effects

u just want to argue endlessly now, FYI, someone that i know with a BA confirmation has been asked to top up, her visa upload column which has been showing hitherto, has been withdrawn.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 10:09am On Jul 22, 2019
Eromose08:

But what if we top up after our interview?

We are saying same thing, topping up is the keyword here
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by gaetano: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2019
SouthHomieMob:

Stay there, don't top up. When you get to Germany and start having difficulties in registrations and getting an apartment, maybe then your eye will clear.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Ojabostine505: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2019
[quote author=SouthHomieMob post=80510487][/quote] Thanks for the explanation. I have my interview on the 22nd of August but yet to fund soon, does it mean that I will be affected with the increase as well?. Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Adhheir: 11:03am On Jul 22, 2019
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17
Enrollment September 15 - October 1.

So grateful!

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Eldeee(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2019
Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!

Congratulate bro, the long awaited eagle have decided to visit you today. Success awaits you.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Adesunkanmi(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2019
Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!
congrats bro !!!
What city are you heading to?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Obinnafrancis(m): 11:14am On Jul 22, 2019
Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!

Congratulations Adhheir. Go to DE and succeed. All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by evergreen9: 11:19am On Jul 22, 2019
Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!

April 17? Like April 17 2020?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2019
Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!

@Sassy92, he is going to TUHH, Environment engineering MSc.
Tobi I hope am right.
Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by vivianobas: 11:38am On Jul 22, 2019
Chriswazo, I beg to differ. It was clearly stated in the circular that the new rate will take effect from January 2020 but considering the fact that summer applications will probably commence earlier than the January, 2020 date and applicants likely to start applying for AD early, the kick off was pegged at September 1st which coincidentally will also affect winter applicants that have not gotten AD yet.

I feel anyone that has funded and received confirmation from Fintiba would be okay, provided they unblock before the December 31st deadline.

I suggest that anyone going for interview this week can ask the VO. I will do same next week God willing.

My analysis anyways!

6 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Adeniyii2017: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2019
vivianobas:
Chriswazo, I beg to differ. It was clearly stated in the circular that the new rate will take effect from January 2020 but considering the fact that summer applications will probably commence earlier than the January, 2020 date and applicants likely to start applying for AD early, the kick off was pegged at September 1st which coincidentally will also affect winter applicants that have not gotten AD yet.

I feel anyone that has funded and received confirmation from Fintiba would be okay, provided they unblock before the December 31st deadline.

I suggest that anyone going for interview this week can ask the VO. I will do same next week God willing.

My analysis anyways!

I kind of agree with you.. I hope you are right. The reason being that there is no reason for mentioning January, 2020 if it has no implication at all.
As it stands, no reason for January, 2020. Also to add to the bolded, those that have AD from September will therefore be regarded as summer applicant.
Again, I hope I’m right.

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2019
Has anyone gotten appointment date recently? I rebooked since two weeks Friday with November 5 as start date. No show yet......this whole thing is driving me crazy. I need a prayer partner on this journey. Anyone interested??

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Chriswazo(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2019
vivianobas:

My analysis anyways!

I am not arguing ma, anyhow d want to do it, am fine.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by vivianobas: 11:53am On Jul 22, 2019
Chriswazo:

I am not arguing ma, anyhow d want to do it, am fine.

We will all be fine by God's grace.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by walexy06(m): 11:54am On Jul 22, 2019
Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!
Congratulations.. Go to DE n succeed

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by mexzony: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2019
dolpaz:

1) The embassy would likely start giving out visa for Winter from 3rd week of august. the reason is that some schools are still on Summer session and most schools finishes summer by July 31st. and resumes by the 2nd-3rd week in Sept. Hence, you could be asked to resubmit the blocked account with 10k. That means Even if you have submitted your passport and insurance for visa and it spans across sept, you´ll still be asked to resend a blocking confirmation of 10k.

2) If peradventure you escape Lagos and land in DE, you can´t escape the 10k unless you come in Before Sept 1, get an accommodation from naija and change your status instantly which I think is very rare. Cos you´ll still have to battle with enrolment, settling down, insurance bills and so on. so, when you go for residency permit extension, as a first-timer in DE, you´ll be asked to resubmit the new blocking confirmation because you would have fallen into the bounded date (Sept 1) as Its a government regulation and nothing can be done about this.

It is well. It will end well.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by donkafor(m): 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by Fabcol(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
Congrats bro
Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by mexzony: 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!
Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by sassy92(f): 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
Congratulations!! Please tell us your course, degree type and school so that I can update the AM Testifiers list.

Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 by horlorladey(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
Adhheir:
AM finally landed today,

Interview April 17

So grateful!
Congratulations. But that was a very long wait. Go to DE and succeed bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (605)

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.