Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,479 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? (2919 Views)

CAF Withdraws AFCON 2019 Hosting Rights From Cameroon / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2019
It is a known fact to all that the Nigerian Super Eagles have been drawn against the Algerian national team in the AFCON 2019 Semi-finals. Super Eagles are going to be the away team, this suggests that they would probably be donning the deep green away jersey.

Frankly, I am not the superstitious type, but my observation is that Nigeria has never recorded a good result in these colours. I have shared it jokingly with some friends and they laughed it off.

What is your take?

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by Jcole1985(m): 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
I asked for the blood of ten virgins to make this jersey as good as the other,instead they gave me the blood of ten feminists.Now the nation will suffer cus of this feminists but I will intercede to the gods with the head of a feminist.

Cc Antibrutus
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by osato45: 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2019
on Sunday by 8pm we would confirm the myth surrounding the green super eagles jersey
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by geesilver(m): 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2019
anytime we wear this jersey it seems like a bad omen to the team. just like anytime man u wear white they always loose final game.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by MrsEvakinqz(m): 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2019
that jersey na bad luck I swear
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by holllandis: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
Why does Nigeria have to be the away team ?

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by Icon4s(m): 6:53am On Jul 13, 2019
Gracealone:
It is a known fact to all that the Nigerian Super Eagles have been drawn against the Algerian national team in the AFCON 2019 Semi-finals. Super Eagles are going to be the away team, this suggests that they would probably be donning the deep green away jersey.

Frankly, I am not the superstitious type, but my observation is that Nigeria has never recorded a good result in these colours. I have shared it jokingly with some friends and they laughed it off.

What is your take?

That was the same thing they said those years when we used white as our away jerseys.

Bros Jersey no dey play ball. Play well and win.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by Icon4s(m): 6:55am On Jul 13, 2019
holllandis:
Why does Nigeria have to be the away team ?

Must u be the home team all the time?
You were the home team against Burundi, Guinea, Cameroon and South Africa.
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by lexyman(m): 7:47am On Jul 13, 2019
All this superstitious people ... good preparation and right team selection wins matches not jerseys .

Africa my Africa .... there is nothing like jersey jinx ....

This same jersey color was used against Algeria to trash them 3:1 in 2017 during Word cup qualifier ....

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by joshjc(m): 8:12am On Jul 13, 2019
Jersey no dey play ball, that's how some complained about the white jersey
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by Aystarz: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2019
Forget all these guys yammering about jerseys not playing the game ; fact is even the most 'unsuperstitious' Nigerian knows he is, in his heart of hearts, very superstitious when it comes to football.
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by BankyGee(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2019
I ain't superstitious... All I know is that the white and green zig-zagged jersey depicts speed, confidence and agility...

But I believe that no matter the color we're putting on on Sunday, the Algerians are going home.

#Shikena

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by xtivin2: 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
I have noticed it too, no wonder countries that uses green are woeful on the pitch, eg Saudi Arabia(customer da da)
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by Kayharry(m): 9:15am On Jul 14, 2019
The team that have red on it's jersey are loosing today
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:27am On Jul 14, 2019
I'm not one to be superstitious.. However, lady luck is not always on our side when we wear that Jersey... And for the sake of aesthetics, camera ish... I prefer our home Jersey.
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by freemanbubble: 9:47am On Jul 14, 2019
Okay
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
Truly JINXED!
Re: AFCON 2019 - Algeria VS Nigeria: Is Super Eagles' Away Jersey Jinxed? by efrebor177: 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nigeria is jinxed. A daugther of Afernifere leader was murdered before an important match. Same thing happened in the world cup, where the was a mass murder in Plateau State by Fulani herdsmen before Argentina. And we needed only a draw.

The Nation is in a mourning mood. A win in this competition will not wash all the blood spilled in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Download Arsenal Vs Chelsea 1 - 0 All Goals & Highlights FA Community Shield / Nigeria 3-0 Togo (FT)... Full Commentary. / The Success Of Spain: A Lesson For Every Football Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.