Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,088 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC (2040 Views)

Corps Member Recreates Photo Of Her Mom Taken During NYSC Program 32 Years Ago / Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC / 10 Ways Corpers Ruin Their Lives During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2019
Hello all,I would be dropping some thoughts and some opportunities Hustlers/corp members can take advantage of to make money while serving,working part time or doing their 9 to 5 job (This applies to all and sundry though)

I have had a good number of Corp members chat me up with complaints of being broke even at the beginning of the Month and I thought it wise to share some of these opportunities.

Kindly note that it is not really about how much you earn but more about how much you can keep and re-invest.

Here are the opportunities:

1) Making Chatbots
You can learn for free how to make Chatbots for companies without coding.
Chatbots are in, and it has reached the point where every business needs one. Chatbots have become a huge opportunity for companies to engage with their customers, gather data, and improve their marketing and customer care efforts. You can start your own chatbot creation business easily and quickly without needing to code.

Visit this link for details: https://landbot.io/blog/how-to-create-a-chatbot-for-website/

2) Personal or Virtual Assistant
Although personal and virtual assistant jobs do not sound glamorous, they do pay well. If you have already held this job in an office, you will find the digital version allows for a lot more freedom. Use services like Upwork.com,Fiver.com and platforms like LinkedIn,Facebook to find clients.
You can choose:
• Your clients
• Your hours
• Your hourly, daily, or monthly pay rate

3)Social Media Consultant
Who doesn’t love Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? Fancy yourself to be a bit of whiz, but don’t have any formal training? Twitter and Google, among other platforms, offer complete professional courses with recognized certifications that require little to no money. Social media is also a business that has unlimited potential with a client base that can span across the world.

4) Graphic Designer
Companies are always in search for branding that tells people about what they do. If you can follow company guidelines and customer needs, all you will need to get started is a computer and applications such as Photoshop,Crello,Canva or Illustrator.
Types of media you will be responsible for creating include:
• Logos
• Fliers
• Newsletters
• Magazines
• Information sheets
• Letters
• Advertisements

5) Designing Business Plans
Having a eureka moment is great, but it can be hard to put that idea down on paper in a way that will speak to a potential investor. If you have owned your own business in the past or earned a business degree, why not help those with a eureka moment start something they love? Plan your fee around the various packages you are prepared to offer your clients. You can either:
• Create an electronic copy that your client can customize
• Keep a copy on file and continue customizing it according to their needs
• Create various templates that you can show your customers and how you can customize the templates for them accordingly.

6) Informational Product Creator
Similar to blogging or vlogging, creating informational products is your chance to put your expertise in an e-book or some form of digital format and selling it to the online world. Find a niche that's not been overdone and start writing.
You can sell your information piece on platforms such as Amazon Books or to target audience who you feel need the book.

7) Flipping Websites
Flipping a website is the art of buying an already existing website, improving it, and selling it. With the right web development skills, it is a very easy and cheap trade to explore. That said, you need to be able to identify websites that have the potential for improvement.

8. Editorial Services
An editorial services business is easy to start, requires no initial monetary investment, and has a huge potential for expansion. From small and large businesses to authors and students, your client base could be endless. You can offer a variety of services, some of which include:
• Copywriting
• Ghostwriting
• Magazine article writing
• Newspaper article writing
• Web content writing
• Proofreading
• Editing
• Indexing
• Book writing

9) Video Production
There are a number of ways you can use videography to create your own home-based business. There are so many people wanting to become YouTube celebrities who don't have the skills to upload high-quality, well-edited videos. Other services you could offer include:
• Vlog editing
• Creating music videos
• Voice-overs
• Adverts

10) Referral Services
Are you the person who all your friends and family call when they're trying to find a good restaurant, lawyer,car, plumber or gardener? If that's the case and you love referring them to all the lovely businesses you know of in your neighborhood, you could start a business doing just that. You'll be able to work with individuals and businesses, helping customers find what they want, and businesses gain more clients. To get started, you will need to:
• Gather a list of businesses you want on your referral lists
• Sell them the benefits of being on your list
• Place ads online and in the Yellow Pages to gain customers

Credit: Murray Newlands

For your Professional Career Counselling,Coaching and Linkedln Profile Building/Optimization,feel free to chat with intelligentdude on whatsap: 08134657689

1 Like

Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 8:59am On Jul 13, 2019
Why you need a Professional Linkedln Profile Upgrade:

1) Linkedln exposes you to several recruiters

2)Linkedln is the perfect place to find a new job and deal.

3)Networking is the foundation of your career success and Linkedln is one of the best platforms to network.

Chat with our representative for your Linkedln Makeover: 08134657689

1 Like

Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Skykid1208(m): 10:00am On Jul 21, 2019
Intelligentdude:
Hello all,I would be dropping some thoughts and some opportunities corp members can take advantage of to make money while serving (This applies to all and sundry though)

I have had a good number of Corp members chat me up with complaints of being broke even at the beginning of the Month and I thought it wise to share some of these opportunities.

Kindly note that it is not really about how much you earn but more about how much you can keep and re-invest.

Here are the opportunities:

1) Making Chatbots
You can learn for free how to make Chatbots for companies without coding.
Chatbots are in, and it has reached the point where every business needs one. Chatbots have become a huge opportunity for companies to engage with their customers, gather data, and improve their marketing and customer care efforts. You can start your own chatbot creation business easily and quickly without needing to code.

Visit this link for details: https://landbot.io/blog/how-to-create-a-chatbot-for-website/

2) Personal or Virtual Assistant
Although personal and virtual assistant jobs do not sound glamorous, they do pay well. If you have already held this job in an office, you will find the digital version allows for a lot more freedom. Use services like Upwork.com,Fiver.com and platforms like LinkedIn,Facebook to find clients.
You can choose:
• Your clients
• Your hours
• Your hourly, daily, or monthly pay rate

3)Social Media Consultant
Who doesn’t love Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram? Fancy yourself to be a bit of whiz, but don’t have any formal training? Twitter and Google, among other platforms, offer complete professional courses with recognized certifications that require little to no money. Social media is also a business that has unlimited potential with a client base that can span across the world.

4) Graphic Designer
Companies are always in search for branding that tells people about what they do. If you can follow company guidelines and customer needs, all you will need to get started is a computer and applications such as Photoshop,Crello,Canva or Illustrator.
Types of media you will be responsible for creating include:
• Logos
• Fliers
• Newsletters
• Magazines
• Information sheets
• Letters
• Advertisements

5) Designing Business Plans
Having a eureka moment is great, but it can be hard to put that idea down on paper in a way that will speak to a potential investor. If you have owned your own business in the past or earned a business degree, why not help those with a eureka moment start something they love? Plan your fee around the various packages you are prepared to offer your clients. You can either:
• Create an electronic copy that your client can customize
• Keep a copy on file and continue customizing it according to their needs
• Create various templates that you can show your customers and how you can customize the templates for them accordingly.

6) Informational Product Creator
Similar to blogging or vlogging, creating informational products is your chance to put your expertise in an e-book or some form of digital format and selling it to the online world. Find a niche that's not been overdone and start writing.
You can sell your information piece on platforms such as Amazon Books or to target audience who you feel need the book.

7) Flipping Websites
Flipping a website is the art of buying an already existing website, improving it, and selling it. With the right web development skills, it is a very easy and cheap trade to explore. That said, you need to be able to identify websites that have the potential for improvement.

8. Editorial Services
An editorial services business is easy to start, requires no initial monetary investment, and has a huge potential for expansion. From small and large businesses to authors and students, your client base could be endless. You can offer a variety of services, some of which include:
• Copywriting
• Ghostwriting
• Magazine article writing
• Newspaper article writing
• Web content writing
• Proofreading
• Editing
• Indexing
• Book writing

9) Video Production
There are a number of ways you can use videography to create your own home-based business. There are so many people wanting to become YouTube celebrities who don't have the skills to upload high-quality, well-edited videos. Other services you could offer include:
• Vlog editing
• Creating music videos
• Voice-overs
• Adverts

10) Referral Services
Are you the person who all your friends and family call when they're trying to find a good restaurant, lawyer,car, plumber or gardener? If that's the case and you love referring them to all the lovely businesses you know of in your neighborhood, you could start a business doing just that. You'll be able to work with individuals and businesses, helping customers find what they want, and businesses gain more clients. To get started, you will need to:
• Gather a list of businesses you want on your referral lists
• Sell them the benefits of being on your list
• Place ads online and in the Yellow Pages to gain customers

Credit: Murray Newlands

For your Professional Career Counselling,Coaching and Linkedln Profile Building/Optimization,feel free to chat with intelligentdude on whatsap: 08134657689

1 Like

Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Skykid1208(m): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2019
Good morning sir, I am a prospective Corper, i graduated few months ago but my school has a record of keeping graduates at home for months before service, some who graduated before my set are still awaiting service, so i am sure i would still be home for upto 6 months or more before i get the clarion call.
I studied Biology and Education, but i have a passion for computers most especially programming and designing (i.e graphics and web), i want to make a very good use of the time i have before service to learn a computer related skill that would fetch me additional income during my service year.
With your wealth of knowledge i know you are at good position to suggest the best computer related skill that would give me regular income in Nigeria.
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 10:34am On Jul 21, 2019
Hello,goodday.

Some of the selling Computer Skills are Programming (especially Java),Digital Marketing(S.E.O.,Social Media Marleting,Google Ads etc),Web design/Development etc.

If you don't have programming background,it will be difficult to become an expert in Software programming under 6 Months,however you can be a Pro in Digital Marketing within 2-3 Months based on your commitment. Fact is this,virtually every business needs a skilled Digital Marketer to raise brand awareness and make sales.
Skykid1208:
Good morning sir, I am a prospective Corper, i graduated few months ago but my school has a record of keeping graduates at home for months before service, some who graduated before my set are still awaiting service, so i am sure i would still be home for upto 6 months or more before i get the clarion call.
I studied Biology and Education, but i have a passion for computers most especially programming and designing (i.e graphics and web), i want to make a very good use of the time i have before service to learn a computer related skill that would fetch me additional income during my service year.
With your wealthy of knowledge i know you are at good position to suggest the best computer related skill that would give me regular income in Nigeria.
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Skykid1208(m): 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
Intelligentdude:
Hello,goodday.

Some of the selling Computer Skills are Programming (especially Java),Digital Marketing(S.E.O.,Social Media Marleting,Google Ads etc),Web design/Development etc.

If you don't have programming background,it will be difficult to become an expert in Software programming under 6 Months,however you can be a Pro in Digital Marketing within 2-3 Months based on your commitment. Fact is this,virtually every business needs a skilled Digital Marketer to raise brand awareness and make sales.
Thanks for the prompt reply, i think i would go with web design/dev
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 4:37am On Jul 22, 2019
It is also a great option but you can as well combine Web Development with Digital Marketing.
Skykid1208:

Thanks for the prompt reply, i think i would go with web design/dev
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by stevewrites(m): 10:44am On Jul 23, 2019
[quote author=Skykid1208 post=80480567][/quote]

You're smart some of the skillset over there are very underrated
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Skykid1208(m): 8:13pm On Jul 23, 2019
Intelligentdude:
It is also a great option but you can as well combine Web Development with Digital Marketing.
Ok Sir Thanks for the tips
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 5:11am On Jul 24, 2019
You are welcome
Skykid1208:

Ok Sir Thanks for the tips
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 5:18am On Jul 24, 2019
Food for Thought

Businesses run well with money.

Skills will give you the money.

Business brings riches.

Investment brings wealth.

Information is the currency of the 21st Century.

Inorder to earn more,learn more (cultivate the habit of consistently acquiring money making skills).

Inorder to be Financially Independent:
1)Learn a high valued specialize skill
2)Become an expert in that skill
3)Find people or Business that need your skill
4)Charge them appropriately (meanwhile to get more portfolio and reviews,offer free service at the beginning of your business)

Feel free to chat with intelligentdude on whatsap: 08134657689
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 10:48am On Aug 17, 2019
ONE SKILL THAT CAN INCREASE YOUR INCOME AND EVEN GIVE YOUR COMPANY PROFIT AS AN EMPLOYEE

Early last month I stumbled upon an high income skill which at first didn't look like it was going to make any impact on my finances but as time went on it became clear that this was a gold mine which must not be taken likely.

I quickly spoke to my brother about the skill which he also learnt and in less than two weeks he made above 20,000 naira. That is someone salary for 30 days which was made in less than 14 days.

So how does this concern me as an employee?
This skill is called CARTOON VIDEO ANIMATION.

We are in the digital age where most companies are now advertising their products and services online using content marketing especially videos.

It is said that majority of social media users get attracted to videos than written format of advertising.

Most companies now look for video content creators who will help them to either create the video content or also advertise for them using the video content.

How do you come in as an employee and how will this increase your income?

ARE YOU READY TO HEAR THE SECRET?
Go and learn the skills of creating cartoon video animation.

Since your company wants more profit or are you struggling to get sales then you can learn the skill and offer it as a paid service to them.
This skill only need the following;

Creativity, data and a good smartphone.
So instead of wasting your data online doing nothing to increase your income as an employee, you can start a side business using cartoon animation video skills.

There are trainers you can learn from them and also pay an affordable amount to learn this skill.

Imagine you offering this service to not just your company but other companies and most of them recommend you to other organisations, that is already a plus to you as an employee.

There are other ways to also make money from this skill but too much of information will make you get exited and not take action. Go do the little I just shared with you now.

No more crying about salary is not enough,you have gotten answers now.
If you need a trainer on the skills, you can reach out to me.

Godstime Efeni
Personal Development Trainer, Content Developer, Writing Coach and Digital Marketing Consultant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by AscentSolutions: 10:07am On Aug 20, 2019
Skykid1208:
With your wealth of knowledge i know you are at good position to suggest the best computer related skill that would give me regular income in Nigeria.

I could teach you how to design websites if you care to learn.
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
Goodevening all,trust you had a great day?

Remember,Information is the currency of the 21st Century and skill is what you need to withdraw the currency to your account... Intelligentdude 2019.

Here are some skills which can pay your bills when acquired. Once you acquire these skills,you won’t need huge capital to convert it to business.

1)Facebook Ads
2)Social Media Management/Marketing
3)Content Creation
4)Funnels Building
5)Freelancing/Consulting

Be proficient in atleast two of these skills listed and you won’t always be broke.

The secret is to learn a high valued specialize skill.

Become an expert in that skill

Find people or Businesses that need your skill.

Give them value and charge them.
Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 5:47am On Sep 10, 2019
Goodmorning all,I would be doing a series teaching on Social Media Marketing.

In the year 2016,I advised members of my main group(Creative Minds) to go acquire Digital Marketing/Social Media Marketing Skill,I call it the skill of the 21st century.

Making money online is not rocket science,what you need most is to acquire relevant skills,offer these skills in the form of service to prospects and get paid in return.

Don't be deceived,if you really want to make it legitimately online,you need to be open minded and make skill acquisition a hobby.

As individuals,we sell everyday. We sell directly and also indirectly,hence the need to get a social media marketing skill.

One of the main reasons why I am starting this series is because of our commitment to building a Virtual Assistant Organization known as Intelligentdude Virtual Assistance service. The goal is to connect our virtual assistants who have relevant skills/expertise to prospective clients and one of the major criteria we look out for before we admit anyone into our virtual assistant group is 'having a selling skill'.

Imagine working for a client from the comfort of your home under strict supervision by one of our admins and getting paid immediately you are done with the work.

Imagine building a passive stream of income aside your active 9-5 income stream.

Re: Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC by Intelligentdude(m): 6:19am On Sep 10, 2019
The first sub-topic I will be treating will be on 'Branding'.

Branding is a continuous process through which a Marketer attempts to establish a long term relationship with his/her prospective clients by identifying their changing needs and positioning his/her products/services to satisfy such needs.

The importance of branding cannot be overlooked as it actually speaks to your audience before they get in touch with you personally.

From your logo to your business cards, customised bags, websites, social media pages, etc.

Everything people come in contact with in relation to your business is part of your branding

Even your deliveries, the way you deliver on jobs, your staff etc are all part of your branding.

The next question is:

How do you Brand

1. Get a logo for your business.
2. Get a website for your business.
3. Create a facebook page for the business.
4. Get a whatsapp business messenger for attending to customers (It is free, go to your play store and search for Whatsapp Business)
5. Create a LinkedIn Page for the business.
6. Open a twitter account for the business.
7. And most especially a functional phone number that is always reachable.
Always be consistent online and offline when selling your product

Market,Remarket your products until it registers in the memory of your potential customers and this will make them to ask about the products/services.

(1) (Reply)

Batch C Posted To Abuja / NYSC Begins Online Registration For 2015 Batch ‘B’ Prospective Corps Members / Osun Corpers Batch C 2013/2014 Meeting Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.