Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,837 members, 7,844,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan (38850 Views)

JUST IN: Blackmailer Releases Popular Comedienne, Lizzy Jay Omo Ibadan Vid€o / Omo Ibadan: I Get Marriage Proposals Online / Lizzy Jay 'omo Ibadan' Cries Out To Her Future Husband In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by hannysur8(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2019
A
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Philinho(m): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2019
They will not talk about the early time when they were freely testing sex with little boys. Everyone Want to trend
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Duggedised12(f): 11:38am On Jul 13, 2019
abayomilaws:

It is rape since consent was not freely obtained but induced by the influence on , promises, and intimidation of the victims by the assailant.
I doubt that rape accusation will fly in court, its the same scenario where bosses sleep with their staff with the threat of loosing their jobs,a beg lawyers should clarify .
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by shadrach77: 11:42am On Jul 13, 2019
Coza don cause something. Every dick and harry is now claiming sexual harassment
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by okenwaa(m): 11:43am On Jul 13, 2019
She writes well....unlike all those other olodo slay mamas

1 Like

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 13, 2019
Duggedised12:
I doubt that rape accusation will fly in court, its the same scenario where bosses sleep with their staff with the threat of loosing their jobs,a beg lawyers should clarify .

It isnt rape. It was a deal, trade by barter
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by sammyj: 11:57am On Jul 13, 2019
grin grin shocked shocked shocked
princeade86:
by the time all women open their mind, all men will be rapist.
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 13, 2019
Naija and effing sha, 200million and still effing! I Die Effing Confraternity
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by ecclize: 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
Rape kee u dia

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by myforty68: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2019
Sexual coercion is same as rape
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by fredoooooo: 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
Altern8:
Like she said, all she wanted to do was accuse him publicly. Finish. She doesn’t want to take him to court.

Interesting times we live in.

Online court, crazy generation.. after few weeks all finished grin
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by roundman: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2019
mrZENographer:
Kemi Olunoyo: "Timo said in my interview years back with him that he married Busola a virgin. His media has taken the video down but I still have the evidence with me"
Please show us the video here if you really have it madam controversy... It's obvious you on damage control fix.
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by abayomilaws(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
Duggedised12:
The major challenge is the great deal of ignorance of criminal law of rape. Even many educated rape victims do not even know when they were raped, and majority view rape as "only sex by force " where the victims must show evidence of bruises, black eye , swollen faces etc. Where victims claimed rape and they cannot show evidence of being battered, even the Police officer taking the report of such incident by the victims would be the one that would chastise the victims first by asking these questions " why did you go to his house alone if not for the fact that you want to be copulated with ? Are your panties torn? No bruises no sign of struggle ,that means you consent to the sex?. Nay the above notion about rape is very narrow in defining what Nigerian criminal law of rape envisages. By virtue of section 357 of the criminal code act cap c38, rape is defined " any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent , if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or , in the case of a married woman , by personating her husband , is guilty of an offence which is called rape." From this definition, it is deduced that where consent is obtained by intimidation of any kind such as promises of advantage, undue influence and duress may be factors thay may vitiate the seeming consent and make it a rape. For instance where a pastor told a female worshipper, if I pour my holy water, euphemism for sperm, on you, you will be healed of your blindness and the girl consents to have sex with the pastor, and after the sex she still remains blind, it is rape because of fraudulent representation and this is also an undue influence from pastor to his female worshipper. This goes for a male medical Doctor to his female patients, a male lecturer to his female student , a police officer who promises the wife of the arrested suspect " if I have sex with you I will release your husband", see a common law case of R. v. Williams where a choirmaster told a chorister (girl) that if I have a sex with you, your voice hoax and texture will be improved , the girl consented and had sex with him, lo and behold her voice did not improve. The House of Lord HELD that IT WAS A RAPE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2019
abayomilaws:

It is rape since consent was not freely obtained but induced by the influence on , promises, and intimidation of the victims by the assailant.

Asides housewives ,are there really women who say yes to sex, even when they give the green lite don't they still do shakara ... you av sex with that gurl flirting with you all along then the next morning she is acting shy .. making you feel you acted alone & took advantage of her ... is that not what all these gurls do,even olosho wey collect money do not give consent freely.
In nigeria we really need to watch or revise what we will define as rape if not every man planning to be a brand will be a target someday... unfortunately these gurls donnt plan to go court its just let me tarnish his image stunt. oga in the process of trying to appear as a gentleman online most of you are becoming a sissy

2 Likes

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by abayomilaws(m): 12:57pm On Jul 13, 2019
ericsmith:

Asides housewives ,are there really women who say yes to sex, even when they give the green lite don't they still do shakara ... you av sex with that gurl flirting with you all along then the next morning she is acting shy .. making you feel you acted alone & took advantage of her ... is that not what all these gurls do,even olosho wey collect money do not give consent freely.
In nigeria we really need to watch or revise what we will define as rape if not every man planning to be a brand will be a target someday... unfortunately these gurls donnt plan to go court its just let me tarnish his image stunt. oga in the process of trying to appear as a gentleman online most of you are becoming a sissy
Baba I am not a Sissy, I just stated a principle of law under the criminal code. However, you had a point that girls may abuse it and tend to always use as a weapon against the celebrities. I sincerely agreed with you if you look at the UK that we received our laws from particularly criminal law and also the USA that have a similar common law relics with us, you will see that what you said always hold true. See Akon, Michael Jackson, Neymar etc have battled with this sex scandal. That means it is still a civilised trend, however, if you are a celebrity and you have a lot to lose ,tread cautiously to avoid a smear campaign against your reputation. If possible, draw agreement to have sex, let her speak her consent on a phone recorder before any sex since that is what saved neymar. However, the law, for me , is a good one as it will protect women against rape. I also have a daughter.

1 Like

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Duggedised12(f): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
abayomilaws:

The major challenge is the great deal of ignorance of criminal law of rape. Even many educated rape victims do not even know when they were raped, and majority view rape as "only sex by force " where the victims must show evidence of bruises, black eye , swollen faces etc. Where victims claimed rape and they cannot show evidence of being battered, even the Police officer taking the report of such incident by the victims would be the one that would chastise the victims first by asking these questions " why did you go to his house alone if not for the fact that you want to be copulated with ? Are your panties torn? No bruises no sign of struggle ,that means you consent to the sex?. Nay the above notion about rape is very narrow in defining what Nigerian criminal law of rape envisages. By virtue of section 357 of the criminal code act cap c38, rape is defined " any person who has unlawful carnal knowledge of a woman or girl, without her consent, or with her consent , if the consent is obtained by force or by means of threats or intimidation of any kind, or by fear of harm, or by means of false and fraudulent representation as to the nature of the act, or , in the case of a married woman , by personating her husband , is guilty of an offence which is called rape." From this definition, it is deduced that where consent is obtained by intimidation of any kind such as promises of advantage, undue influence and duress may be factors thay may vitiate the seeming consent and make it a rape. For instance where a pastor told a female worshipper, if I pour my holy water, euphemism for sperm, on you, you will be healed of your blindness and the girl consents to have sex with the pastor, and after the sex she still remains blind, it is rape because of fraudulent representation and this is also an undue influence from pastor to his female worshipper. This goes for a male medical Doctor to his female patients, a male lecturer to his female student , a police officer who promises the wife of the arrested suspect " if I have sex with you I will release your husband", see a common law case of R. v. Williams where a choirmaster told a chorister (girl) that if I have a sex with you, your voice hoax and texture will be improved , the girl consented and had sex with him, lo and behold her voice did not improve. The House of Lord HELD that IT WAS A RAPE.
thanks for clarifying. Like you rightly said ,a lot of people including me were ignorant of the bolded,although I knew it was wrong to intimidate a person to have sex just didnt know it was catogrised under rape. This is very educative,a lot of women have been raped and don't even know it and some men have been rapist and don't even know it either.
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by IAmTobore(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2019
ericsmith:

Tell them
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by abayomilaws(m): 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2019
Duggedised12:
thanks for clarifying. Like you rightly said ,a lot of people including me were ignorant of the bolded,although I knew it was wrong to intimidate a person to have sex just didnt know it was catogrised under rape. This is very educative,a lot of women have been raped and don't even know it and some men have been rapist and don't even know it either.
You are welcome sir
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by kazyhm(m): 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
“I felt I needed to be at peace with my mind as regards the issue, and to give a voice to whoever is suffering or has suffered the same fate as mine, hence the outburst. Like I said on my Instagram page, the molestation of a woman is a desecration of her values. Rape trend or not, we all have our ways of addressing issues peculiar to us

The above statement is the real gist to me
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Duggedised12(f): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2019
abayomilaws:

You are welcome sir
I am not a guy undecided
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Odinz(m): 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2019
abayomilaws:

I remember going through the law and seeing this. An eye opener I must say. The part that struck me most was/is that according to the law, a male cannot be raped. Or am I wrong?
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Duggedised12(f): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
delishpot:
A friend of mine was into this nollywood shit in pH. She said when these top actors visit their producer in those days, he organises up comming actresses to warm their beds. Any girl that refuses is kicked to the background. Those guys are a sex cukt/syndicate. Many of these big male actors have slept with these struggling women. Although I wouldn't call it rape but still it ain't right. His wife knows about it too. The casting couch is real.
so we can conclude that all the famous actresses today passed through this process. Seems to be a norm in nollywood, even aspiring models are not left out,smh embarassed

1 Like

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by sinkhole: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
And some people will be castigating lecturers up and down, can we now have music about Mr. Producer?
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by abayomilaws(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
Odinz:

I remember going through the law and seeing this. An eye opener I must say. The part that struck me most was/is that according to the law, a male cannot be raped. Or am I wrong?
You are right sir
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by abayomilaws(m): 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
Duggedised12:
I am not a guy undecided
Lolz, you are welcome my Lady.
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Odinz(m): 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
abayomilaws:

You are right sir
Weird world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eye Witness Defends Kumiyi's Son's Wedding! Says Pictures Were Altered / Mike, Ebuka, Banky W, Toolz & Husband, Tunde Demerun, Pose With Oba Elegushi / Daniella Okeke Steps Out In Backless Dress, Hit Or Miss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.