Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,686 members, 7,844,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan (38848 Views)

JUST IN: Blackmailer Releases Popular Comedienne, Lizzy Jay Omo Ibadan Vid€o / Omo Ibadan: I Get Marriage Proposals Online / Lizzy Jay 'omo Ibadan' Cries Out To Her Future Husband In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by oglalasioux(m): 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2019
kiyosaki1:
I guess there will be no outcry against the accused as he is not a pastor or public figure so much for Nigerians snd hypocrisy.

Does a movie producer claim to talk to God? Does a movie producer collect tax tithe for God? We hold pastors accountable because they are supposed to be examples of chastity to the society. If a pastor doesn't practice what he preaches he should please turn to a movie producer. Then we won't talk when he rapes.
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
abayomilaws:

Baba I am not a Sissy, I just stated a principle of law under the criminal code. However, you had a point that girls may abuse it and tend to always use as a weapon against the celebrities. I sincerely agreed with you if you look at the UK that we received our laws from particularly criminal law and also the USA that have a similar common law relics with us, you will see that what you said always hold true. See Akon, Michael Jackson, Neymar etc have battled with this sex scandal. That means it is still a civilised trend, however, if you are a celebrity and you have a lot to lose ,tread cautiously to avoid a smear campaign against your reputation. If possible, draw agreement to have sex, let her speak her consent on a phone recorder before any sex since that is what saved neymar. However, the law, for me , is a good one as it will protect women against rape. I also have a daughter.

i am not a lawyer could av called you my lenied colleague abi OGa mii .. but you're forgetting something here since your arguement is that force or struggle is not sancrosant to establish a rape case .... then why partition men as rapist n women as victims or are you insinuating only women can be raped, molested or threaten ..cannt a female boss molest her driver. do you know what angels do.
Rape is evil,any gender can be @ the recieving end, men only have upperhand incases of force so let speak against unisex rape generally not on partition.. i have a handsome son tew... NL aunties keep off o!! grin
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by may320: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
angry sad shocked sadSee effect of crayon/pancake. She com look like TOY

About to ask @op if he made mistake by uploading another person's pic until I read ur comment.
Can't believe she's turned to a mannequin! A completely different person with nose surgery. shocked Its well with our generation. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by delishpot: 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
Duggedised12:
so we can conclude that all the famous actresses today passed through this process. Seems to be a norm in nollywood, even aspiring models are not left out,smh embarassed

Maybe not all but most of them. They exchange sex for roles. Sometimes they have prepped for the role and then the lead actor arrives and asks for sex as part of his fee. To cut down cost the producer will accept and ask the upcomming girl playing a major role to sleep with him or forfeit the role.
Other times they tell you straight that if you do as required you get a leading role but if you hardly play ball na only waka pass go dey come your way. undecided
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Duggedised12(f): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2019
delishpot:

Maybe not all but most of them. They exchange sex for roles. Sometimes they have prepped for the role and then the lead actor arrives and asks for sex as part of his fee. To cut down cost the producer will accept and ask the upcomming girl playing a major role to sleep with him or forfeit the role.
Other times they tell you straight that if you do as required you get a leading role but if you hardly play ball na only waka pass go dey come your way. undecided
na wah o
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by BENEAMATA: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2019
abayomilaws:

It is rape since consent was not freely obtained but induced by the influence on , promises, and intimidation of the victims by the assailant.
or it could be whoring and soliciting since the upcoming actress did not decline being passed around like a sl%t just to get fame and wealth , something that's also rife in the banking sector ( marketing ) . the question is do you want to make it the undignified way or do you hold a good name dear above all else ? the lead subject of this thread chose a good name and walked , good call " omo ibadan " .

1 Like

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by Lahmeda(m): 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2019
Everyone sees the violence of the swollen river. Few see the violence of the embankments that constrain it.”

Lizzy Jay.... Aka omo Ibadan

It's of great help if you could stand by your words that related to your person.

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones

Not everybody dey promiscuity... Shit
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by soke02(m): 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
All women/Ladies now claim rape victims. Men don suffer for this life
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by DavidEsq(m): 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2019
abayomilaws:

It is rape since consent was not freely obtained but induced by the influence on , promises, and intimidation of the victims by the assailant.
U are wrong. Look at the section on rape and see what intimidation means. This one is economic in nature. In that th security of their voluntarily undertaken jobs (which they could also voluntarily resign from) was at risk. That's not the definition of intimidation in criminal law in this context.
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by abayomilaws(m): 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2019
DavidEsq:

U are wrong. Look at the section on rape and see what intimidation means. This one is economic in nature. In that th security of their voluntarily undertaken jobs (which they could also voluntarily resign from) was at risk. That's not the definition of intimidation in criminal law in this context.
Read section 357 of the criminal code act cap c 38 again, and come back to explain what you understand by " ... Intimidation of any kind". Thanks.
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by abayomilaws(m): 2:04am On Jul 14, 2019
DavidEsq:

Let me start by saying "cucullus non facit monachum" meaning " a hood does not make a Monk". I would have said or presumed that by your name, you must be a lawyer. I will like to ask you a very elementary question in the law of contract, what are the factors that vitiate consent ? I am sure you would say undue influence, duress and fraudulent misrepresentation. They are not different from the law of consent the defendant must canvass to raise an atom of doubt in raising a defence of his innocence against a charge of rape. By virtue of section 357 "... Intimidation of any kind..." is open to a wide interpretation that includes promises to seek advantage , undue influence, duress and even fraudulent misrepresentation that is later specially listed in the definition . mind you, you would have been more right if you had said to prove rape under economic circumstances such as in the case of industrial or labour relations is difficult. Nevertheless, if the court will be liberal it is still rape since you cannot tell me that a female job candidate will choose being unemployed because of a sex with a sex predatory boss that seeks for sex ,even though the said candidate had been tested and qualified for the job. Your opinion would have been right and would have held true of a lecturer that would fail student if she didn't have a sex with him. Would you say a female student should rather fail honourably rather than accepting the sex offer of the lecturer.? Or do you think lecturer- female student relationship is not economic in nature?
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by abayomilaws(m): 2:24am On Jul 14, 2019
ericsmith:

i am not a lawyer could av called you my lenied colleague abi OGa mii .. but you're forgetting something here since your arguement is that force or struggle is not sancrosant to establish a rape case .... then why partition men as rapist n women as victims or are you insinuating only women can be raped, molested or threaten ..cannt a female boss molest her driver. do you know what angels do.
Rape is evil,any gender can be @ the recieving end, men only have upperhand incases of force so let speak against unisex rape generally not on partition.. i have a handsome son tew... NL aunties keep off o!! grin
It is trite that men or boys cannot be raped since you don't have what it takes to be raped. If you see section 357 of the criminal code act, the section that defines rape, some key words are used " girl" or * woman* , "unlawful carnal knowledge***" that phrase " unlawful carnal knowledge" is an euphemism for * vagina*. Sir do you have a vagina or pussy. Most importantly, the most important ingredient or elements of offence of rape to prove by the prosecution in order to succeed is PENETRATION. A man cannot be penetrated and even anal Penetration is no Penetration. In a situation where a woman abuses or violates a man or a boy sexually, she cannot be charged with rape but she can be prosecuted for indecent assault or sexual assault. So men are so protected.
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by DavidEsq(m): 3:52am On Jul 14, 2019
abayomilaws:
Let me start by saying "cucullus non facit monachum" meaning " a hood does not make a Monk". I would have said or presumed that by your name, you must be a lawyer. I will like to ask you a very elementary question in the law of contract, what are the factors that vitiate consent ? I am sure you would say undue influence, duress and fraudulent misrepresentation. They are not different from the law of consent the defendant must canvass to raise an atom of doubt in raising a defence of his innocence against a charge of rape. By virtue of section 357 "... Intimidation of any kind..." is open to a wide interpretation that includes promises to seek advantage , undue influence, duress and even fraudulent misrepresentation that is later specially listed in the definition . mind you, you would have been more right if you had said to prove rape under economic circumstances such as in the case of industrial or labour relations is difficult. Nevertheless, if the court will be liberal it is still rape since you cannot tell me that a female job candidate will choose being unemployed because of a sex with a sex predatory boss that seeks for sex ,even though the said candidate had been tested and qualified for the job. Your opinion would have been right and would have held true of a lecturer that would fail student if she didn't have a sex with him. Would you say a female student should rather fail honourably rather than accepting the sex offer of the lecturer.? Or do you think lecturer- female student relationship is not economic in nature?
So ur definition of rape is subjective and hinged on a possibility of a court being liberal and not based on judicial precedence of statutory interpretation, right. In other words, ur definition is based on sentiment, right. Should I say "no wonder u couldn't rely on any authority"? Oh yes, I should; the temptation to say so is just too great not to fall to. It's no sarcasm tho. It's just that ur position on this is very welcome, howbeit far from the our lex. What u canvass is very similar to the definition of law by Oliver Wendell Holmes. However, the courts as u should know are no legislature and so are tied by the statutory provisions. There is this English authority that keeps nudging me. I read it in 300 level. The English court threw out the case of rape allegation on the basis that there was no intimidation as the intimidation in issue was economic in nature and not as envisaged by the criminal laws. I would go thru my home library, where a lot of my old books (including my university notes) are and yeah, I still keep em cos they represent my early days of learning the ropes.
BTW, I've seen hooded dudes pose as monks and did better than monks.
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by abayomilaws(m): 9:08am On Jul 14, 2019
DavidEsq:

So ur definition of rape is subjective and hinged on a possibility of a court being liberal and not based on judicial precedence of statutory interpretation, right. In other words, ur definition is based on sentiment, right. Should I say "no wonder u couldn't rely on any authority"? Oh yes, I should; the temptation to say so is just too great not to fall to. It's no sarcasm tho. It's just that ur position on this is very welcome, howbeit far from the our lex. What u canvass is very similar to the definition of law by Oliver Wendell Holmes. However, the courts as u should know are no legislature and so are tied by the statutory provisions. There is this English authority that keeps nudging me. I read it in 300 level. The English court threw out the case of rape allegation on the basis that there was no intimidation as the intimidation in issue was economic in nature and not as envisaged by the criminal laws. I would go thru my home library, where a lot of my old books (including my university notes) are and yeah, I still keep em cos they represent my early days of learning the ropes.
BTW, I've seen hooded dudes pose as monks and did better than monks.
Thank you my learned friend for your submission, and I also am a practising lawyer in Lagos. You just quoted * liberal * and concluded it meant subjectivity. So anything liberal cannot be objective . I used liberal there to mean judicial activism and it didn't also mean legispulation where judiciary would think it is empowered to make laws rather than interpreting law. If you know quintessential lord Denning and if you know our principle of negligence was created in Stevenson v. Donoghue ,you will definitely know the importance of liberalism or judicial activism in jurisprudence. Lord Denning as a judicial activist did not create new law, but construe extant law extensively to incorporate reforms and cover many legal situations. My learned friend , I cited authorities. But you failed to react to that. Please consult that your note and get back to me . Read my previous comments, read section 357 of the criminal code again, and get back to me. Thanks for citing Prof Wendell Holmes, a legal realist " the prophecy of what the court will do in fact and nothing more pretentious is what I mean by law".
Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by delishpot: 10:46am On Jul 15, 2019
abayomilaws:

I will call it a form of sexual exploitation. Not strictly rape because if she says no she has nothing more to lose than the role and money that may come with it. But I know it is punishable and should be. No one should intimidate anyone esp someone below them to give sexual favours or lose their livelihood, educational pursuit, life goals etc. Anyone caught should be punished.

1 Like

Re: Adeyela Adebola: Why I Accused Abiodun Jimoh Of Sexual Abuse - Omo Ibadan by maebookere1901(f): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
may320:

About to ask @op if he made mistake by uploading another person's pic until I read ur comment.
Can't believe she's turned to a mannequin! A completely different person with nose surgery. shocked Its well with our generation. sad

Are you unhappy with the shape of your nose? You can get it corrected and aligned with nasal surgery. With technological advancements and improvements in the medical industry, it is now easier to reconstruct and reshape facial features like the nose. Find the best rhinoplasty in Dubai and make a firm decision.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Actress Eucharia Anunobi's Son Dies At 15 / Nino Idibia Celebrates His Mother, Sunmbo Adeoye's Birthday / Basketmouth, IK Osakioduwa's Wives, Funke Akindele Chase Husbands Off Falz Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.