Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

"How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" (723 Views)

Joshua Selman Is A False Teacher By Shotola And Yesufu / False Teacher Todd Bentley Posts He Is 'Booked To Spend Several Days’ At 'Asbury / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 13, 2019
Answer: Jesus warned us that “false Christs and false prophets” will come and will attempt to deceive even God’s elect (Matthew 24:23-27; see also 2 Peter 3:3 and Jude 17-18). The best way to guard yourself against falsehood and false teachers is to know the truth. To spot a counterfeit, study the real thing. Any believer who “correctly handles the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15) and who makes a careful study of the Bible can identify false doctrine. For example, a believer who has read the activities of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in Matthew 3:16-17 will immediately question any doctrine that denies the Trinity. Therefore, step one is to study the Bible and judge all teaching by what the Scripture says.

Jesus said “a tree is recognized by its fruit” (Matthew 12:33). When looking for “fruit,” here are three specific tests to apply to any teacher to determine the accuracy of his or her teaching:

1) What does this teacher say about Jesus? In Matthew 16:15-16, Jesus asks, “Who do you say I am?” Peter answers, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God,” and for this answer Peter is called “blessed.” In 2 John 9, we read, “Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.” In other words, Jesus Christ and His work of redemption is of utmost importance; beware of anyone who denies that Jesus is equal with God, who downplays Jesus’ sacrificial death, or who rejects Jesus’ humanity. First John 2:22 says, “Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.”

2) Does this teacher preach the gospel? The gospel is defined as the good news concerning Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection, according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). As nice as they sound, the statements “God loves you,” “God wants us to feed the hungry,” and “God wants you to be wealthy” are not the complete message of the gospel. As Paul warns in Galatians 1:7, “Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.” No one, not even a great preacher, has the right to change the message that God gave us. “If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!” (Galatians 1:9).

3) Does this teacher exhibit character qualities that glorify the Lord? Speaking of false teachers, Jude 11 says, “They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam’s error; they have been destroyed in Korah’s rebellion.” In other words, a false teacher can be known by his pride (Cain’s rejection of God’s plan), greed (Balaam’s prophesying for money), and rebellion (Korah’s promotion of himself over Moses). Jesus said to beware of such people and that we would know them by their fruits (Matthew 7:15-20).

For further study, review those books of the Bible that were written specifically to combat false teaching within the church: Galatians, 2 Peter, 1 John, 2 John, and Jude. It is often difficult to spot a false teacher/false prophet. Satan masquerades as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14), and his ministers masquerade as servants of righteousness (2 Corinthians 11:15). Only by being thoroughly familiar with the truth will we be able to recognize a counterfeit.

2 Likes

Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Goshen360(m): 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2019
Your #2 point was my exact thought even before I finished reading your article. Anyone not preaching the gospel of Christ is false. And preaching the gospel of Christ doesn't just mean you're mentioning Christ in your preaching. You said it all, the death, burial, ressurection, Ascension and the glory that followed...this is the finished works of to FOR THE BELIEVERS

I came to realize not all those who teaches or preaches falsehood are deliberate. Some are deliberate while some are handed over or passed down the line and these kinds just accepted what was passed down to them unverified.

You will find the common passing down falsehood in churches like DeeperLife, Rccg and Winners and the likes.... that's why falsehood spread so fast in Nigeria and the ones refuting those falsehood now in this age and time are being looked at as the rebels

1 Like

Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by MuttleyLaff: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2019
Goshen360:
Your #2 point was my exact thought even before I finished reading your article. Anyone not preaching the gospel of Christ is false. And preaching the gospel of Christ doesn't just mean you're mentioning Christ in your preaching. You said it all, the death, burial, ressurection, Ascension and the glory that followed...this is the finished works of to FOR THE BELIEVERS

I came to realize not all those who teaches or preaches falsehood are deliberate. Some are deliberate while some are handed over or passed down the line and these kinds just accepted what was passed down to them unverified.

You will find the common passing down falsehood in churches like DeeperLife, Rccg and Winners and the likes.... that's why falsehood spread so fast in Nigeria

and the ones refuting those falsehood now in this age and time are being looked at as the rebels
[img]https://s2/images/MuttleyDriveLaff.gif[/img]
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Shepherd00: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s2/images/MuttleyDriveLaff.gif[/img]
Here is your false prophet Solite

MuttleyLaff appeared in a false prophet's thread laughing. A homosexual claiming man of god. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by MuttleyLaff: 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:

MuttleyLaff appeared in a false prophet's thread laughing. A homosexual claiming man of god. Nonsense.
You have all the hallmark of the accuser of the brethren

Shouldnt you be at today's evening cell group meeting already and be a pest/nuisance in there, hmm?

1 Like

Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Shepherd00: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You have all the hallmark of the accuser of the brethren

Shouldnt you be at today's evening cell group meeting already and be a pest/nuisance in there, hmm?
See agent of satan calling me accuser of the brethren. Na today?

And abt Cell group, I just got back. lol, if there's a nuisance, it is you Muttleylaff. the falsifier of the Word of God.
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by MuttleyLaff: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:
See agent of satan calling me accuser of the brethren. Na today?

And abt Cell group, I just got back. lol, if there's a nuisance, it is you Muttleylaff. the falsifier of the Word of God.
So says, "Alfa Imam, wey no get bia-bia, prophet wey no sabi Bible, the Word of God well enough." Black pot calling snow black

1 Like

Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:

By their fruits you shall know them.
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
Goshen360:

You will find the common passing down falsehood in churches like DeeperLife, Rccg and Winners and the likes.... that's why falsehood spread so fast in Nigeria and the ones refuting those falsehood now in this age and time are being looked at as the rebels

many downgrade the death burial and resurrection of Jesus still others preach grace as a license for commiting sin hence unbelievers are pushed farther away from God.
The true gospel is very scarce in this generation not only in Nigeria but also all over the world.
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by MuttleyLaff: 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2019
solite3:
MuttleyLaff was laughing at the Goshen360 "... the ones refuting those falsehood now in this age and time are being looked at as the rebels" comment and not whatever Shepherd00 is mischievously making up to mislead others about me

1 Like

Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Shepherd00: 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
MuttleyLaff was laughing at the Goshen360 "... the ones refuting those falsehood now in this age and time are being looked at as the rebels" comment and not whatever Shepherd00 is mischievously making up to mislead us others about
Who are the "US?". Hahahahahahahaha. How many gays here have attempted to come out to support your crusade? Poor you.
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Shepherd00: 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
solite3:

Yes, Sir. The Lord said;

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

He is quick to lay curses on people, isn't that Satan's trait?
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Shepherd00: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
So says, "Alfa Imam, wey no get bia-bia, prophet wey no sabi Bible, the Word of God well enough." Black pot calling snow black
You sabi Bible yet you by all means wants it to support sin?

Get behind me Satan.
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
MuttleyLaff was laughing at the Goshen360 "... the ones refuting those falsehood now in this age and time are being looked at as the rebels" comment and not whatever Shepherd00 is mischievously making up to mislead others about me
which falsehood are you refuting?
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2019
Shepherd00:

Yes, Sir. The Lord said;

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

He is quick to lay curses on people, isn't that Satan's trait?

one sure traits. He denies God's word.
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by MuttleyLaff: 3:52am On Jul 14, 2019
solite3:
No need for further explanation than say the falsehoods, now in this age and time, exploded by those looked at as rebels

1 Like

Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Goshen360(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
solite3:

I didn't say ME....I'm saying those refuting the falsehood of the so called organized church are being called rebels
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2019
Goshen360:

I didn't say ME....I'm saying those refuting the falsehood of the so called organized church are being called rebels
not you I replied muttylaff
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by Goshen360(m): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
solite3:

Sorry, wanted to reply MuttleyLaff too
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by MuttleyLaff: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
solite3:
You don dey gburo nau which

Goshen360:
There are many rebels, but few, are with a legitimate cause

solite3:
"Ashiri tin tu, and rebels with a cause don dey yapa". See "gobe" (Global Observations to Benefit of Everyone)

Goshen360:
Sorry, wanted to reply MuttleyLaff too
Both of una, own sef, don three much
Re: "How Can I Recognize A False Teacher / False Prophet?" by oaroloye(m): 6:54am On Jul 16, 2019
SHALOM!

It is EASY to spot a FALSE CHRISTIAN.

It is nothing complicated.

[Recycled Post:]

The FIRST Sign of a False Christian is that they HAVE TO tell men that Yeshua is THE CHRIST.

. MATTHEW 16:13-20.

13. When Jesus came into
the coasts of Caesarea Philippi,
he asked his Disciples,
saying,

"Whom do men say that I
The Son of Man am?"

14. And they said,

"Some say that thou
art John the Baptist:
some, Elias;
and others, Jeremias,
or one of the Prophets."
15. He Saith unto them,

"But whom say ye that I am?"

16. And Simon Peter answered
and said,

"Thou art the Christ,
The Son of The Living God."

17. And Jesus answered
and said unto him,

"Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:
for Flesh and Blood hath not
Revealed It unto thee,
but my Father
Which is in Heaven.
18. "And I Say also unto thee,

'THAT THOU ART PETER,
AND UPON UPON THIS ROCK
I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH;
AND THE GATES OF HELL
SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT.'

19. "And I will give unto thee
The Keys of
The Kingdom of Heaven:
and whatsoever
thou shalt bind on Earth
shall be bound in Heaven:
and whatsoever
thou shalt loose on Earth
shall be loosed in Heaven."

20. Then charged he his Disciples
that they should tell no man
that he was Jesus The Christ.

. MARK 8:27-30.

27. And Jesus went out,
and his Disciples,
into the towns
of Caesarea Philippi:
and by the way,
he asked his Disciples,
saying unto them,

"Whom do men say that I am?"

28. And they answered,

"John the Baptist:
but some (say), 'Elias;'
and others,
One of the Prophets.' "

29. And he Saith unto them,

"But whom saith ye that I am?"

And Peter answereth
and saith unto him,

"Thou art the Christ."

30. And he charged them
that they should
tell no man of him.

THEY HAVE TO STUN THE WORLD WITH THEIR ENCYCLOPAEDIC KNOWLEDGE OF LORD YESHUA'S PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE.

. JOHN 10:23-24.

23. And Jesus walked
in the Temple
in Solomon's Porch.
24. Then came the Jews
round about him,
and said unto him,
"How long dost thou
make us to doubt?
If thou be The Christ,
tell us plainly."

YAHSHUA WASN'T TELLING ANYONE ABOUT WHAT HE WAS.

What gives anyone the Right to preempt GOD, and tell people that Yeshua is HaMISHIACH?

So we know that those fools do not FEAR GOD, either.

[End of Recycled Post.]

I INVITE YOU TO JOIN ME IN READING WHAT THE GOSPEL SAYS, AND NOT WHAT SOME DESPERATELY WICKED SOULS TELL YOU THAT IT SAYS!

. MATTHEW 24:1-5.

AND Jesus went out,
and departed from the Temple:
and his Disciples came to him
for to shew him the Buildings
of The Temple.
2. And Jesus Said unto them,

"See ye not all these things?
Verily I Say unto you,

'THERE SHALL NOT
BE LEFT HERE
ONE STONE UPON ANOTHER
THAT SHALL NOT BE
THROWN DOWN.'

3. And as he sat upon
the mount of Olives,
the Disciples came
unto him privately, saying,
"Tell us, when shall these things be?
And what shall be
The Sign of thy Coming,
and of The End of the World?"

4. And Jesus answered
and Said unto them,

"Take heed
that no man deceive you.
5. "For many shall come
in my Name,
saying, I am Christ;
and shall deceive many."

ONLY FALSE CHRISTIANS TELL MEN THAT "JESUS IS THE CHRIST."

What could be simpler?

THE GOSPEL is NOT what you've been told It was!

. MATTHEW 7:12-29.

12. "Therefore all things
whatsoever ye would
that men should do to you,
do ye even so to them:
for this is
The Law and The Prophets.
13. "Enter ye in
at The Strait Gate:
for wide is the Gate,
and broad is the way,
that leadeth to Destruction,
and many there be
which go in thereat:
14. "Because strait is the Gate,
and narrow is The Way,
which leadeth unto Life,
and few there be that find it.
15. "Beware of False Prophets,
which come to you
in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are
ravening wolves.
16. "Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Do men gather
grapes of thorns,
or figs of thistles?
17. "Even so every Good Tree
bringeth forth Good Fruit;
but a Corrupt Tree
bringeth forth Evil Fruit.
18. "A Good Tree cannot
bring forth Evil Fruit,
neither can a Corrupt Tree
bring forth Good Fruit.
19. "Every tree that
bringeth not forth Good Fruit
is hewn down,
and cast into the Fire.
20 Wherefore by their Fruits
ye shall know them.
21. "Not every one
that saith unto me,
'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into
The Kingdom of Heaven;
but He that doeth
The Will of my Father
Which is in Heaven.
22 Many will say to me
in That Day,

'LORD, LORD,
HAVE WE NOT
PROPHESIED IN THY NAME?
AND IN THY NAME
HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS?
AND IN THY NAME
DONE MANY
WONDERFUL WORKS?'

23. "And then will I
profess unto them,

'I NEVER KNEW YOU:
DEPART FROM ME,
YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.'

24. "Therefore whosoever heareth
These Sayings of mine,
and doeth Them,
I will liken him unto
a Wise Man,
which built his house
upon a rock:
25. "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and beat upon that house;
and it fell not:
for it was founded
upon a rock.
26 . "And every one
that heareth
These Sayings of mine,
and doeth them not,
shall be likened unto
a Foolish Man,
which built his house
upon the sand:
27. "And the rain descended,
and the floods came,
and the winds blew,
and beat upon that house;
and it fell:
and great was the fall of it."
28. And it came to pass,
when Jesus had
ended these Sayings,
the people were astonished
at his Doctrine:
29. For He taught them
as one having authority,
and not as the scribes.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT GREAT MIRACLES AND PROFOUND TRUTHS FLOW FROM THESE ALLEGED CHRISTIANS.

If they Teach men that Lord Yeshua is The Messiah, THEY ARE NOTHING BUT DECEIVERS!

(1) (Reply)

One With God Is Majority? / Easyworship 6 Bibles / Share Apostle Joshua Selma Message That Had Blessed Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.