Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

One With God Is Majority? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One With God Is Majority? (718 Views)

One With God Is Majority / One With God Is Majority / 8 Steps To A Better Relationship With God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One With God Is Majority? by lookoutnaija: 7:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
A popular spiritual opiate (or coping mechanism) that is endemic to low-income Nigeria is "One with God is majority".

There are many others - "God's time is the best", "This world is not my home", "Everything happens for a reason" etc.

There are elements of truth to these statements, and so when they're are miscontextualized, a behavioral error slips right through and takes root.

On this post, I'll focus on "One with God is majority".

First of all, this one no dey Bible oh.

Someone just started saying it and others echoed the sentiment.

Don't use it as an enabler for your ineptitude at building and keeping relationships with human beings like you.

When people are not picking your calls, look inward and investigate the matter more scientifically instead of hugging the man-made aphorism "One with God is majority"

You think that by saying it so many times, you can flatter and bribe God into changing the laws of the Universe for you?

Haq! Haq!! Haq!!
I laugh in Hebrew!

There's a reason God did not create us all with our own planets to rule over. We were all put here to share this one, and figure out a fruitful coexistence through mutual cooperation.

If you truly follow God, then it should show in how well you get along with others.

Remember "Blessed are the peacemakers". Not peace with God in this case, but with people.

Build qualities that make you an attractive ally and people will cooperate more readily with you.

When God wants to bless you, He can then have a multitude of options.

Not when you want God to help you but you've offended everyone in your industry and family that God would've used.

Shey you know that God doesn't hypnotize people... It's not a kayan mata sumtin.

YOU MUST BUILD A MAJORITY... WITH PEOPLE!

When I came into the industry in 2014, it was my Number 1 strategy to build allies... very quickly!

Look at me now...

Last year, I won the Future Awards.

This year alone, I've spoken internationally 3 times.

It wasn't because I too sabi book.

My friends and mentors made them all happen - Brazil, Ghana, Zambia... and more are coming.

I shared the backstories with those who attended my "Lessons from 365" event.

If I had been evil to these people, they wouldn't have looked my way no matter how brilliant I may be.

You know the saying, "When the only barber in the village is a lion, all the goats will learn to keep afro".

I would've been one local champion shouting in my Lagos bedroom "To hell with these people joor... I have God... and one with God is majority"

Lower your voice before your landlord breaks down your door to disprove that statement.

Love God all you want, you fit go Heaven. However, here in the kingdom of man, you need people, you need allies.

Here are some ways to build allies:

Make an effort to remember things that are important to people, like their names. I sabi this one well well.

On their celebrations, celebrate with them. Send gifts. Send money.

When you see opportunities that people can benefit from, share with them and do not ask for a cut.

Know when to charge for advice and when to just do favours for the sake of it.

Groom appreciably so that people aren't tortured by prolonged exposure to your presence. I'm talking about your breath, body fragrance, apparel, facial aesthetics, etc.

When a friend is having an event, offer to pay for a number of seats.

When someone gets an international opportunity, do not ask them to buy something for you. Know that the opportunity has added bills to them - flight tickets, increased living expenses, etc. Offer to offset some of their costs.

When you miss calls, call them back.

Don't disrespect people because of how they appear. Be courteous to all, regardless of whether they look like they could help you.

No matter how tempting, don't slander people. Even if the gist is true, refrain from gossip and sabotage.

I could go on and on.

One with God is majority? We have heard. Clean up your closet before poverty kee you there.

Don't pick spiritual opiates that hide from the main problem and instead embolden your weaknesses.

Pick the ones that build character and provide you practical wisdom and direction for the road ahead.

Here are a few:

"Do not revile the king even in your thoughts, or curse the rich in your bedroom, because a bird in the sky may carry your words, and a bird on the wing may report what you say."

- Ecclesiastes 10:20

Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone.

- Proverbs 25:15

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

- Proverbs 15:1

Don’t visit your neighbors too often, or you will wear out your welcome.

- Proverbs 25:17

Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion.

But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone?

And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.

- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

We know that God is great, but please gentleboys and gentlewomen, for as much as you can, get yourself a human majority.

This is His will.

Make yourself easy to help.

1 Like

Re: One With God Is Majority? by em19em6: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2019
Naija

(1) (Reply)

DSA, Why Are Signs And Wonders Not Following You In Your Ministry? / Holy sprirt Misled me about prophecy of covid-19 - TB joshua / Share Apostle Joshua Selma Message That Had Blessed Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.