Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Who Should Cook For The Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Cook For The Family? (2706 Views)

NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / My Wife Won't Cook For Our Guests. Please Advise Me / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Cook For The Family? by MasterofNL: 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2019
Who should have the responsibility of cooking for the family? Should it be the man or woman?
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2019
Contrary to popular belief, Both of us will cook..... Cooking shouldn't be attached to one person (the wife) alone, it should be shared between both parties smileysmiley, I love cooking BTW

11 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by lilmax(m): 1:14am On Jul 14, 2019
cousins from the husband's side trust me

this isn't debatable

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by cococandy(f): 2:42am On Jul 14, 2019
Let the most hungry person cook

6 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Graduateacher(f): 8:49am On Jul 14, 2019
Both should cook. One baba was dying of hunger while his wife was in church. Meanwhile all fresh foodstuff was in their fridge, this man couldn't even make pap for himself after 30 years of marriage shocked shocked he waited till she returned because according to him it's an abomination for him to enter kitchen and fix himself something to eat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by mcdokwe(m): 9:14am On Jul 14, 2019
If I enjoy her meal, seriously it would be difficult for me to do the cooking unless in the event she is not up to it at the moment or I wanted to be romantic.
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 14, 2019
Food is a necessity. I would expect either adult, irrespective of gender, to create it whenever necessity calls.

I enjoy cooking though and will probably be the one doing most of it.

8 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by keepingmum: 9:34am On Jul 14, 2019
See question? Who has the responsibility of been ontop when shaggging??

Do what works for you pls. In my home, we both cook. Whoever gets home from work cooks. Sometimes oga will even text me if hes home to ask what i ll like to eat and then cook it before i arr. Some days, i cant be bothered to cook and we will eat cereals all day anf drink tea at night.

My cousin hubby doesnt enter kitchen. He ll rather order in for the whole family the day she says shes too tired to cook.

Another cousin is married to a man from the 10th century. The man wont even pour himself a glass of water because according to him, once a man has a "woman" in his house, he is abdicated off all "domestic chores".

Another cousin is living the baby girl life wt her hubby. Oga has told her that her role in his life is to bare his kids and look peng all day. She doesn't cook, work nor drive. She has a cook, a maid, a driver and a lesson teacher- all employed by oga so she isnt stressed for her "night duty" shift in za other room.

I hv bn married for 15yrs plus whilst my various cousins whom i have shared theit stories above hv also been married btw 7yr - 18yrs. Those standards works for them in their home.
The men arent complaining, their blokos hasnt shrinked or disappeared as a result of how they run their homes.
Your friends or inlaws may talk but remember when you give into side "advice - as they like to call it", you are essentially allowing another man to "control you, your wife and your home"!!! And THAT is what makes you less of a man: not what you do for your wife.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by ThothHermes: 9:42am On Jul 14, 2019
If you are not a useless man this issue will not arise. Be successful, provide, do all that a man is expected to do and the issue of who should cook and take care of the home would resolve itself. It will not even come up. grin grin
Grey areas notwithstanding...
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 10:40am On Jul 14, 2019
Only a poor man will cook for the wife.simple!
I want see I go visiting and see one of my brothers in the kitchen.
God knows I will be pissed.
How I go buy house with my money,run the house and take care of all real bills then come back home to cook?
E no go funny for the woman weh go tell me that BS o!
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Theyoungmatron: 10:51am On Jul 14, 2019
Logobenzz:
How I go buy house with my money,run the house and take care of all real bills then come back home to cook?
You need a maid not a wife sir. Do well and get one.

13 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 10:56am On Jul 14, 2019
Theyoungmatron:
You need a maid not a wife sir. Do well and get one.
so because I think it is my wife's responsibility to cook,that makes me a dictator?
You all are bunch of jokers!
If I then provide,cook and protect,wetin the woman go come dey do na? undecided
Listen and listen well,no real man weh don suffer dey alright and standardize himself go come marry begin do all those crap.
Go to those homes where chores are being shared and take a good look at the man's finances and tell me what you see.
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by queenfav(f): 11:49am On Jul 14, 2019
In my home we both cook. Marriage is a partnership, that's how we make ours work. Its our home, nothing is anyone's work.

8 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 14, 2019
MasterofNL:
Who should have the responsibility of cooking for the family? Should it be the man or woman?

should this question even be an issue?

1 Like

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 14, 2019
you need thorough counseling from your parent and other matured people who have been married for over 10 years
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by MasterofNL: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
Lalasticlala, let's have more views on this important subject.
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by MasterofNL: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
BLUELemon:
you need thorough counseling from your parent and other matured people who have been married for over 10 years

Why do you say so?
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
BLUELemon:
Na She dey bread the man na,na why e dey work for them lol... grin cheesy
No man,I repeat no man weh dey ALRIGHT go do that crap!
Only handicapped men or playboys or women scammers do all those things.
Just imagine Otedola now cooking for the wife ffs cheesy
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by MasterofNL: 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Logobenzz:
so because I think it is my wife's responsibility to cook,that makes me a dictator?
You all are bunch of jokers!
If I then provide,cook and protect,wetin the woman go come dey do na? undecided
Listen and listen well,no real man weh don suffer dey alright and standardize himself go come marry begin do all those crap.
Go to those homes where chores are being shared and take a good look at the man's finances and tell me what you see.

What if she's working and comes home late?
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by MasterofNL: 12:12pm On Jul 14, 2019
queenfav:
In my home we both cook. Mareiage is a partnership, that's how we make ours work. Its our home, nothing is anyone's work.

How about paying the bills like house rent, school fess etc?
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
MasterofNL:

What if she's working and comes home late?
And I am also working too na.so definitely na for she to go inside,commot suit,wear apron,enter kitchen and get busy.
Unless she wants to start fending for the house then I'm cool with it.
So that her job will begin to count las las
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by LordKO(m): 12:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
Whenever I see comments from people on a thread like this, I don't bother wondering why 99.9 percent of marriages these days end up either in dissolution or being hellish for those who managed to stay put with each other for one reason or another.

Selfish/self-centered/thoughtless/greedy people everywhere. Believers of marriage and haters and non-proponents of oneness, which is the soul of marriage, and altruism which breeds oneness. As far as I'm concerned, there's no marriage where there's no mutual altruism.

12 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Pavore9: 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2019
Every home and family have what works for them which is influenced by their socialization.

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Florblu(f): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2019
Logobenzz:

You will die of hunger with your rich status

4 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by queenfav(f): 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2019
MasterofNL:

How about paying the bills like house rent, school fess etc?
We own our personal home, our child isnt at the school fees paying stage.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by queenfav(f): 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
LordKO:
Whenever I see comments from people on a thread like this, I don't bother wondering why 99.9 percent of marriages these days end up either in dissolution or being hellish for those who managed to stay put with each other for one reason or another.

Selfish/self-centered/thoughtless/greedy people everywhere. Believers of marriage and haters and non-proponents of oneness, which is the soul of marriage, and altruism which breeds oneness. As far as I'm concerned, there's no marriage where there's no mutual altruism.

Can i buy you a drink? Some of them are obviously kids. I can't even be caught dead arguing about marriage or explaining how my home works to people who aren't even married. Every home works the way the couple fashioned it to be. Its an institution that thrives on oneness, partnership and friendship.There isn't "a one size fit all" method to keeping a happy marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Logobenzz: 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
Florblu:

You will die of hunger with your rich status

ehn she starves me,I stop paying the bills na.
Make we see who go tire.
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by MasterofNL: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
queenfav:
We own our personal home, our child isnt at the school fees paying stage.

OK. Assuming you lived in a rented apartment and your children were already in school? Please answer the question.
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by MasterofNL: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
Logobenzz:
And I am also working too na.so definitely na for she to go inside,commot suit,wear apron,enter kitchen and get busy.
Unless she wants to start fending for the house then I'm cool with it.
So that her job will begin to count las las

Don't you think you should rather self centered and inconsiderate?
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by Pacify: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
All these annoying threads in the family section. Is this supposed to be a topic of debate? Very soon now, you will carry all this slavery mentality that the men must cook, no wonder divorce rates are high. Everybody have their roles in the family, do not confuse any. Unless there is serious need for a man to cook for medical reasons of the wife, why would you be asking such a horrible question?
Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by LordKO(m): 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
queenfav:
Can i buy you a drink? Some of them are obviously kids. I can't even be caught dead arguing about marriage or explaining how my home works to people who aren't even married. Every home works the way the couple fashioned it to be. Its an institution that thrives on oneness, partnership and friendship.There isn't "a one size fit all" method to keeping a happy marriage.

Thanks for the offer, enjoy it for me. I wish you God's unlimited blessings in your marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Cook For The Family? by cococandy(f): 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
What if she makes her own money too?
Logobenzz:

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? / Please, Your Advise / Your Ex Living In The Same Compound With You And Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.