Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria (59438 Views)

Anthony Joshua Replies A Fan Who Asked ''Wetin Dey For The Boys?'' / Neymar Is Now Growing Wings: He Fights With Player, Cavani Over Penalty Kick / Anthony Joshua: Why Cristiano Ronaldo Is My Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by ofemigeorge(m): 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2019
freemanbubble:
The kid is young, dumb and broke
If you were there, timidity, low self esteem and inferiority complex would not let you ask a question not to even hold mic. So there for leave the Child alone to ask

1 Like

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 13, 2019
soon I will stop commentin in nigeria
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by gentlegenius(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2019
NIJJAking:
the faces of people there confirms the fact that serious poverty dey nigeria. see suffering faces

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2019
When you grow up... You go answer the question by yourself. Now you're still a kid.

2 Likes

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2019
NIJJAking:
the faces of people there confirms the fact that serious poverty dey nigeria. see suffering faces

I observed that as well. It is a serious situation.
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by stanliwiser: 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2019
sonnie10:
The parents should take the kid to sambisa forest to show her the condition of those fighting for Nigeria.
case closed. This wan weak me
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by ajl: 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2019
9jaBloke:
cool. I heard an unconfirmed gist that he tried his luck with Nigeria and wasn't given a chance.

You are right about that. He was actually rejected by Nigeria Olympic boxing coach for some crazy reason. Obisia Nwappa knew about it.

1 Like

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by ajl: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2019
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by ajl: 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2019
He was rejected by Nigeria 2008 Olympic boxing team. I don't believe their story though for the reason given.

"Obisia Nwankpa, former Commonwealth champion, world title contender and chief coach of the Nigerian boxing team, tells the story: "He reached out to us, asking to be part of our Olympic team, so we invited him to come down and take part in trials.

"Unfortunately, he did not appear when we asked him to and came down only when we had finished our trials, finalised our team and were about to travel for a training tour. Maybe other coaches would have accepted it, but I could not."

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19263648/how-nigeria-rejection-led-anthony-joshua-rise-stardom
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by 9jaBloke: 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2019
ajl:

You are right about that. He was actually rejected by Nigeria Olympic boxing coach for some crazy reason. Obisia Nwappa knew about it.

Oh! Shame on Nigeria then & good for AJ. He actually lives Nigeria so much.
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Stephobiadrew: 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2019
Mtcheeeew
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 14, 2019
sonnie10:
The parents should take the kid to sambisa forest to show her the condition of those fighting for Nigeria.
Hahahahahahahahaha cheesy
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 14, 2019
Olufela30:
After Samuel Peter s fvvk up, no trainer would trust any Nigerian... Only local trainers .....

Wen was he fuccked up?
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Enemyofpeace: 1:26am On Jul 14, 2019
Only a fool will do that
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:23am On Jul 14, 2019
longayink:

This one sweet pass all.

Fighting for Nigeria? Only unemployment can make one fight for Nigeria.
If he had, he wouldn't have made it this big!!!

Pinnick abi na wetin him dey bear go don use him salary dey chase girls upandan!!!

2 Likes

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by okaforlazarus90(m): 3:36am On Jul 14, 2019
sonnie10:
Wooooow that was a low blow.
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by davillian(m): 3:43am On Jul 14, 2019
Nigeria doesn't have the facilities at home to make someone a great boxer.

1 Like

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 3:48am On Jul 14, 2019
ajl:
He was rejected by Nigeria 2008 Olympic boxing team. I don't believe their story though for the reason given.

"Obisia Nwankpa, former Commonwealth champion, world title contender and chief coach of the Nigerian boxing team, tells the story: "He reached out to us, asking to be part of our Olympic team, so we invited him to come down and take part in trials.

"Unfortunately, he did not appear when we asked him to and came down only when we had finished our trials, finalised our team and were about to travel for a training tour. Maybe other coaches would have accepted it, but I could not."

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/19263648/how-nigeria-rejection-led-anthony-joshua-rise-stardom
You honestly believe the words of one government official.
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by victorazyvictor(m): 4:18am On Jul 14, 2019
I think the microphone expressed the reason why
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by jadeliyi(m): 4:57am On Jul 14, 2019
i dey tell you baba no expect am check the signature
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Rextizz(m): 5:31am On Jul 14, 2019
That kid is silly.
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by ogene144(m): 6:36am On Jul 14, 2019
[quote author=Nemesis909 post=80237660]
Imagine if yours had been amongst them.
[/quote no mind the fool attention seekers
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Kenturkey048(m): 6:59am On Jul 14, 2019
9jaBloke:
cool. I heard an unconfirmed gist that he tried his luck with Nigeria and wasn't given a chance.
yea...He was dropped ..I think he was suppose to represent Nigeria in an Olympic ..I think 2008(not sure)[b]now before they come at me. .,,I saw this in a paper [/b]ooo,but was dropped..His was dropped due to corruption in selection and nothing else.because the next Olympic he represented U.K and finished wit a Gold medal...just the way zidane was dropped from the Algerian under 21 sqaud..Adebayo too was dropped from the Nigerian 2005 under 20 squad by Samson siasia..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by dododawa1: 7:10am On Jul 14, 2019
d kid should go and ask FEMI WHITE at ijeshatedo surulere,a young energetic and formal Nigeria Olympics fighter,NOW club bouncer.
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by KenModi(m): 7:21am On Jul 14, 2019
Just look at the people behind him, you would understand why he isn’t fighting for Nigeria
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by selemo: 7:48am On Jul 14, 2019
thesicilian:
What was his reply?
Thank you for that question..half baked journalism..
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by 9jaBloke: 8:10am On Jul 14, 2019
Kenturkey048:
yea...He was dropped ..I think he was suppose to represent Nigeria in an Olympic ..I think 2008(not sure)[b]now before they come at me. .,,I saw this in a paper [/b]ooo,but was dropped..His was dropped due to corruption in selection and nothing else.because the next Olympic he represented U.K and finished wit a Gold medal...just the way zidane was dropped from the Algerian under 21 sqaud..Adebayo too was dropped from the Nigerian 2005 under 20 squad by Samson siasia..

Imagine!!! Yet he still identifies with Nigeria. He is just a great guy in and out of the ring.
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by CHIGIM: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2019
Engrjj:
Even the kid will wish to relocate wen he grows up
wrong mentality not everybody wants to relocate.we will continue to make it here
Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by RichBoy247: 8:16am On Jul 14, 2019
Makoko is one of the inhabitable slums in Nigeria. Even the UN has visited Makoko and labelled the condition there as inhumane. Yet, a kid at Makoko asked Anthony Joshua a question the rich kids and adults could not ask. What that points to is that there are more brains in the slums than in British International Schools.

2 Likes

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by mikeyung71(m): 8:22am On Jul 14, 2019
If I slap you eh!!

Re: Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria by Lovelife433(m): 8:24am On Jul 14, 2019
stupid kids with stupid qaution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Marries Juliet Ejue (Photo) / Diego Maradona Dead / BREAKING: Messi In Talks With Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.