Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? (1900 Views)

Do You Also Remember? / Mac Wingate Or Nick Carter Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by bolaoni(m): 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2006
I was a long-standing fan of Nick Carter, the prolific writer. I know he is old and out of circulation, but I will never forget some of his works I have read.

He is a master painter of words. With his books you need not watch all these films. They are just like watching films.

What memory of this man did you have?

Bola
Re: Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by Littleone(m): 2:02pm On Jan 20, 2006
Yap, I was also a long standing fan of Nick Carter. But the circulation of the book in my growing up days was not wide. I enjoyed the books but I cannot just remember any at the moment. I like Nick because he was calculated and cautious.
Re: Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by nicetohave(m): 11:54pm On Jan 23, 2006
A good writer, thats all................i enjoyed his books, his gun wilheiminer, his stilleto.................and his grenade, but he becomes too predictable at times, unlike the thriller write James Hadley Chase
Re: Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by snazzydawn(f): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2006
The man is toooo much!!!
Re: Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by kodewrita(m): 2:10pm On Mar 09, 2006
Yes I do
The Secret Agent with the gun called Wilhemina
Hugo the Stiletto
Pietrre the Gas Bomb
Store the pen with a secret injection
that works with the super secret AXE.

of course i have. i started with the Jerusalem Files.

Its actually the name of the character not the writer. the writer's name is Lyle Engon Keel and Nick Carter is more than the american James Bond. He is deadlier. Ever read the Tulip Affair? that was the bomb. there's another one where he had to go to Saudi to save the King from his ambitious first cousin. that was even more interesting.

he is definitely not predictable.

Latter Edit: I got the wikipedia page for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Carter_(literary_character)
Re: Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by freddie1(m): 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2006
You me mr. lie lie secret agent?
Re: Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by chrysolite(m): 9:24pm On May 07, 2010
I got to know NICK CARTER through the novel, TROUBLE IN PARADISE. Nice one
Re: Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by vescucci(m): 10:37pm On May 08, 2010
Ah. I thought Nick was the name of the recurring lead character of the book. I read only one of his books and I liked it sha. Had to do with the celts and druids
Re: Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:42am On May 09, 2010
Read so many Nick Carter's back in Sec Schl. The guy womanizing pass 007 own sef grin grin grin
Re: Do You Also Remember Nick Carter? by kodewrita(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2010
@semid4lyfe  Bond was still a gentleman in some ways, this guy was definitely not a gentleman. I intend to find out whether its possible to get electronic copies of such books. will post them here (I am quite good at getting such).

The wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Carter_(literary_character)

(1) (Reply)

How Someone Can Improve His English Language / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / ....Under the Sun and in the Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.