Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,058 members, 7,845,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband (4072 Views)

I Lost My Wife (a Nairalander) / Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle / Man Buys His Wife A Private Jet As Christmas Gift: Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
SilvaBullet:

It will be simplistic to say this is your opinion without looking deep into your msg.

The quality of your marriage is exposed in your writeup. And mothers like you who put their kids first and above their husband go ahead to constitute nuisance in their children's lives even after they're married. After all, that's where most of all your physical, emotional and material investment has been. It would be practically impossible to have you detached from them as expected when they get married.

You're also a potential mother-in-law nightmare to your son's wives.

@bold:

Absolutely on point.

4 Likes

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by ProtectMyMoney: 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
bukatyne:

A man that deserves the gift (wife).

I was about to reel out qualities then I realized that each woman MUST determine the man befitting for her.

If out of all the men in the world, a woman marries an agbero or drunkard or abusive man, she has told us that is who befits her.

Who then am I to say he doesn't?

Your summations are faulty and not well thought through.

1 Like

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

Your summations are faulty and not well thought through.

Ok.
Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by IWillSueYou(m): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
bukatyne:

What has SU got to do with this thread?
How is 'a wife is a gift to her husband' denigrating? Don't you have friends/parents/partners that you can call gifts because of the beauty they add to your life?
I do, but your write-up has sexist undertones. I will take you serious when you write another writeup: "a husband is a gift to his wife"

You, I, and the readers know that you are portraying women as commodities for men which is bs. I am a firm proponent of equality of the sexes and I honestly do don't know why you choose to use that word. No woman would say this. Beginning to doubt the f in your monicker..

5 Likes

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2020
IWillSueYou:

I do, but your write-up has sexist undertones. I will take you serious when you write another writeup: "a husband is a gift to his wife"

You, I, and the readers know that you are portraying women as commodities for men which is bs. I am a firm proponent of equality of the sexes and I honestly do don't know why you choose to use that word. No woman would say this. Beginning to doubt the f in your monicker..

Hahahahahahaha

To think another poster called me man-hating yesterday. grin grin

Man-hating man.

Sounds cool.

I don't know what equality has to do with the OP. Nowhere did I infer or state that women are inferior to men. undecided

If you marry a befitting man, the OP is the tip of the iceberg.

A man's love makes a woman flourish. The woman in turn takes care of him. kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by IWillSueYou(m): 10:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha

To think another poster called me man-hating yesterday. grin grin

Man-hating man.

Sounds cool.

I don't know what equality has to do with the OP. Nowhere did I infer or state that women are inferior to men. undecided

If you marry a befitting man, the OP is the tip of the iceberg.

[b]A man's love makes a woman flourish. The woman in turn takes care of him. [\b]

@ First bolded: Did you make a mistake. Man-hating woman, you say? Or are you being cynical because I had to call you out that you're an impostor hiding as a woman? No time for snarky comments.

@Second bolded: I respect your opinion but you shouldn't shove this Bs down people's throat. Women do not need men at all to live a fulfilled life. Our fulfilment starts when we acknowledge it.

Only insecure, low-esteem pickmeishas do. I don talk my own.

4 Likes

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by Gloriagee(f): 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
What a joker! But not surprised that you feel putting your kids' welfare first somehow means one will evolve into an overbearing MIL after all u also believe one must always be prepared to gift the husband the body to be counted a good wife!!!

bukatyne:

@bold:

Absolutely on point.

1 Like

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by worworbabe: 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2020
bukatyne:

A man that deserves the gift (wife).

I was about to reel out qualities then I realized that each woman MUST determine the man befitting for her.

If out of all the men in the world, a woman marries an agbero or drunkard or abusive man, she has told us that is who befits her.

Who then am I to say he doesn't?

Isn't that a bit contradictory? You posted a thread on the qualities that make a woman a gift to her husband then come up to say it's individualistic for men.

There's a whole lot wrong with pushing ideas of what makes a good wife because it doesn't always come in the ways that you define it. Some women do these and more without finding their husbands' goodwill whereas some other women don't even care and gt all the love and affection.

There are men who don't care for some of the things you wrote above. Pressurising other women to appear in certain ways or form to appeal to men is simply annoying.

Each person needs to understnad their partners and their love language. That's all.

You push women to try to attain certain ideas of beauty and appear like the perfect wife even if they are not cut out for it but when it comes to men, it suddenly becomes individualistic.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by sholay2011(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2020
SilvaBullet:

It will be simplistic to say this is your opinion without looking deep into your msg.

The quality of your marriage is exposed in your writeup. And mothers like you who put their kids first and above their husband go ahead to constitute nuisance in their children's lives even after they're married. After all, that's where most of all your physical, emotional and material investment has been. It would be practically impossible to have you detached from them as expected when they get married.

You're also a potential mother-in-law nightmare to your son's wives.
Truer words have not been spoken.

3 Likes

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2020
worworbabe:

Isn't that a bit contradictory? You posted a thread on the qualities that make a woman a gift to her husband then come up to say it's individualistic for men.

There's a whole lot wrong with pushing ideas of what makes a good wife because it doesn't always come in the ways that you define it. Some women do these and more without finding their husbands' goodwill whereas some other women don't even care and gt all the love and affection.

There are men who don't care for some of the things you wrote above. Pressurising other women to appear in certain ways or form to appeal to men is simply annoying.

Each person needs to understnad their partners and their love language. That's all.

You push women to try to attain certain ideas of beauty and appear like the perfect wife even if they are not cut out for it but when it comes to men, it suddenly becomes individualistic.

You shouldn't take Op serious, anything she pens down is simply her reality, daily routine and life, because in her head, her marital life is perfect and should be emulated by all women, individual traits and behaviour doesn't matter lol

You need to go through some of her threads and have a good laugh, that should give you a full dose on her persona cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by Whyzaid(f): 6:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
Thanks Sis, women should not go into marriage like a vacuum that has nothing to offer but always be at the receiving end. Go into marriage because you have something to offer, I mean something worthwhile.

2 Likes

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by LewsTherin: 8:39pm On Feb 27, 2020
@Bukatyne Told you they'll come for you!
Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2020
LewsTherin:
@Bukatyne Told yoy they'll come for you!

Having a different opinion from hers means we are coming for her? Smh, I don't know how some of y'all think though......

4 Likes

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by mayluv(f): 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2020
As regards the issue of children taking up the affection of the wife in a home, I think that grooming children along with other house chores are a lot of work and effort and most times this is left to the wife alone. After all is said and done, the wife is tired and hardly gets the time to rest talk less of having quality time for her spouse. Most men misconstrue the whole thing as transfer of affection which really isn't. If you want the best of your wife and family, be a partner in all areas and watch your entire family bloom. Most happy couples I see and hear have understanding and are mindful of each other's needs in the home. They have fair stakes in all areas of the home.

2 Likes

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by sholay2011(m): 6:28pm On Feb 28, 2020
mayluv:
As regards the issue of children taking up the affection of the wife in a home, I think that grooming children along with other house chores are a lot of work and effort and most times this is left to the wife alone. After all is said and done, the wife is tired and hardly gets the time to rest talk less of having quality time for her spouse. Most men misconstrue the whole thing as transfer of affection which really isn't. If you want the best of your wife and family, be a partner in all areas and watch your entire family bloom. Most happy couples I see and hear have understanding and are mindful of each other's needs in the home. They have fair stakes in all areas of the home.
Excellent post.

1 Like

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by ProtectMyMoney: 5:29am On Mar 01, 2020
bukatyne:

My question to you:

Are you worthy of a diamond?

I'm off the market Bukatyne...if i wasn't, id like to see what qualities make you a Diamond...someone else might be looking at your response though

1 Like

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bellong: 11:32am On Mar 01, 2020
IWillSueYou:

@ First bolded: Did you make a mistake. Man-hating woman, you say? Or are you being cynical because I had to call you out that you're an impostor hiding as a woman? No time for snarky comments.

@Second bolded: I respect your opinion but you shouldn't shove this Bs down people's throat. Women do not need men at all to live a fulfilled life. Our fulfilment starts when we acknowledge it.

Only insecure, low-esteem pickmeishas do. I don talk my own.

I don't think the opening post has any denigrating meaning to women. What she wrote is akin to the virtuous woman described in Proverbs 30.

As per the bolded, women do not need men to live a fulfilled and vice-versa. However, they need each other to make the fulfillment beautiful and smooth as helpmates.

One will chase one thousand and two will chase ten thousand.

No matter the level of knowledge available, there is a divine order that can't be broken irrespective of what we humans do.

Between, she is a female not male.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bellong: 11:39am On Mar 01, 2020
Gloriagee:
What a joker! But not surprised that you feel putting your kids' welfare first somehow means one will evolve into an overbearing MIL after all u also believe one must always be prepared to gift the husband the body to be counted a good wife!!!

Not necessarily but if your idea of marriage is to put your kids first, then you shouldn't have been married in the first instance.

These kids, are they not children of the man too? While children are vulnerable and require care as well as attention, they are not the principal reason for marriage.

Your children shouldn't come before your spouse and he also shouldn't put the kids above you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by Chriswazo(m): 11:41am On Mar 01, 2020
bellong:

I don't think the opening post has any denigrating meaning to women. What she wrote is akin to the virtuous woman described in Proverbs 30.

As per the bolded, women do not need men to live a fulfilled and vice-versa. However, they need each other to make the fulfillment beautiful and smooth as helpmates.

No matter the level of knowledge available, there is a divine order that can't be broken irrespective of what we humans do.

Bellong I love your person really, u have a sensible value system while here and abroad. Have read all your comments on NL.
God bless and keep you in His ways sir, u are in my prayers.

Einen schönen Sonntag noch meine Brüder
Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bellong: 11:50am On Mar 01, 2020
Chriswazo:

Bellong I love your person really, u have a sensible value system while here and abroad. Have read all your comments on NL.
God bless and keep you in His ways sir, u are in my prayers.

Einen schönen Sonntag noch meine Brüder

Amen.

Thank you bro.. Happy Sunday to you too. Thanks to Google translate.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by IWillSueYou(m): 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
bellong:

Your explanation is a roundabout way of contradicting yourself. It's like saying A is not B and A is not C, but A is B and C, how very logical? If a woman needs a man then she needs a man and if she doesn't then she doesn't. If a woman needs a man to make the fulfillment beautiful, then she needs a man. Period. You're playing fast and loose with logic. We all do things with a beautiful (or good) end in view. I'd also add that a woman who needs a man occasionally needs a man; it doesn't have to be frequent. Women do not need men. We can do better on our own. I'll still say it a female's com0any is worth more than any male's to women with high self worth who are not pickmeishas.

Her comment sounded denigrating and insulting: she said, " ... the woman will flourish" as if women need men to live a fulfilled life. I am just surprised.

1 Like

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by Gloriagee(f): 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
I get your point and respect your opinion. I put my kids welfare above mine as well n I'm not complaining. It helps me as well as I believe a happy home is one of the best gifts I can offer my kids so it makes me more tolerant. My opinion....

bellong:

Not necessarily but if your idea of marriage is to put your kids first, then you shouldn't have been married in the first instance.

These kids, are they not children of the man too? While children are vulnerable and require care as well as attention, they are not the principal reason for marriage.

Your children shouldn't come before your spouse and he also shouldn't put the kids above you.
Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bellong: 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
IWillSueYou:

Your explanation is a roundabout way of contradicting yourself. It's like saying A is not B and A is not C, but A is B and C, how very logical? If a woman needs a man then she needs a man and if she doesn't then she doesn't. If a woman needs a man to make the fulfillment beautiful, then she needs a man. Period. You're playing fast and loose with logic. We all do things with a beautiful (or good) end in view. I'd also add that a woman who needs a man occasionally needs a man; it doesn't have to be frequent. Women do not need men. We can do better on our own. I'll still say it a female's com0any is worth more than any male's to women with high self worth who are not pickmeishas.

Her comment sounded denigrating and insulting: she said, " ... the woman will flourish" as if women need men to live a fulfilled life. I am just surprised.

I do respect your opinion but I do not agree with the bolded. The fact that a woman pretends to live a fulfilled life without a man doesn't mean she doesn't need a man.

My post is not contradictory but saying technically that the genders need each other. There is a reason why males and females were created.

Most females who claim to not need a man cry in their closet for lack of a man. Some seek consolation in pets.

It is a natural and biological desire for women to need men and vice-versa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bellong: 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2020
Gloriagee:
I get your point and respect your opinion. I put my kids welfare above mine as well n I'm not complaining. It helps me as well as I believe a happy home is one of the best gifts I can offer my kids so it makes me more tolerant. My opinion....

Your opinion is respected. A question out of curiosity on the bolded part, how will putting kids create a happy home?
Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by Gloriagee(f): 4:38pm On Mar 01, 2020
Helps me with self control. Don't wanna argue in front of my kids. Just one example.

bellong:

Your opinion is respected. A question out of curiosity on the bolded part, how will putting kids create a happy home?
Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bellong: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2020
Gloriagee:
Helps me with self control. Don't wanna argue in front of my kids. Just one example.

This puts it into context. I understand what you mean now. It is different from the the general understanding of putting kids above a spouse.

Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by Gloriagee(f): 2:43pm On Mar 02, 2020
Yeah. Thanks too for the audience.

bellong:

This puts it into context. I understand what you mean now. It is different from the the general understanding of putting kids above a spouse.

Thanks for clarifying.
Re: Wife: A Good Gift To Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
LewsTherin:
@Bukatyne Told you they'll come for you!

Going through this thread and this cracked me up.

Again. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Without Overdoing It / Is It Normal For A Man To Tell His Wife To Fear Him? / Nigerian Oil Tycoon Loses £17.5m Divorce Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.