Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) (44021 Views)

Portable Container Office, House, Bunk Houses, Security Cabin, Prefab Buildings / Inside Abuja's Empty Luxurious Estates / Container Office For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by dre11(m): 4:28am On Jul 16, 2019
By Daniel Adugbo

The sight of steel containers in major cities across Nigeria housing shops, offices, workshops and the like is not something new, however, seeing a complete building fabricated from these containers is what is novel to the building industry in Nigeria.

Driving on the Kubwa Expressway, opposite Gwarimpa Housing Estate, in the Federal Capital territory (FCT), Abuja, one will notice 40-foot of such containers.

A few months ago, not too many passers-by could tell what the heap of containers overlooking the expressway were actually meant for. Many people felt the shipping containers were a sign of some form of gigantic construction work about to begin.

However, as time went by, it became clear that Abuja would soon be bedecked with a rare kind of architecture.

Daily Trust visited the site and discovered that what is being constructed is a full office complex built from the containers; which is going to add to the growing number of such containers in Abuja being used mostly as shops, offices and in a few cases, residences.

The construction on the Kubwa Expressway can arguably be the first full building to be constructed from containers.

The office block consists of a dozen shipping containers that have been fitted together with extensive steel reinforcement. The edifice features large glass windows, woodwork, rooftop terrace and a stairway.

While it may not look like most normal concrete buildings from the outside, the white walls, tiled floors, panes and industrial finishes inside give it a modern touch. The second storey is accessed through a staircase, while access in between offices is made possible through door openings.

The engineer overseeing the project, Marco Di Canto, said the building would be the main Abuja office of A.G Ferrero Limited civil and building contractors. Di Canto said one of the reasons the company was building an office with containers was to experiment something different and innovative.

He said, “Secondly, what pushed us is the speed that you can achieve with this type of construction and the fact that they are movable. Even though it is three floors, in case of any future development, it can easily be transferred. “This is the first time we are doing a full building; all done with containers.

We had done warehouses and small offices, but this is the first time we are doing a complete building that will serve as office; with containers.” Di Canto further said the project kicked off once approval was gotten from the regulators.

Daily Trust reports that container homes have become an exciting proposition at a time the cost of concrete-based building materials have continued to increase. Building experts say containers are the strongest structures available – stronger than wood, concrete and even steel and that they are resistant to natural disasters and the general belief is that container homes are cheaper to build than conventional housing.

Di Canto, therefore, said, “I would say that the price is within reasonable budget. It is not extremely expensive, but while you may think it is cheap, actually it is not that cheap at the same time; but it is not outrageous.

“The minus is that at the end of the day you have to stick on the shape of containers. The design may be a bit complicated. You are not free to take any dimension like you do with blocks, but at the end of the day, if someone likes the style; that is even the beauty of it.”

An engineer with a leading Nigeria-based project developer, said construction cost using containers depended on final specification and finishing; which he said could be between N2m and N8.5m.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/inside-abujas-newest-container-office-structure.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by Amazingman(m): 4:31am On Jul 16, 2019
FTC again. God is truly good. Since I started ftc in some threads in nairaland, my financial status has been climbing as well.as my giving too. I said the day I will give out 100 k as gift to people at this my level and condition, I will never experience any financial crisis again in my life. Today marks that, so I dedicate this humble ftc to my divorce from poverty, hardship,owu , shame and disgrace. Today I my status change from ordinary Mr to Billionaire, if there is a God that answered my prayers and lifted me from zero to be a helper to others, may that same God bless everyone reading this in Jesus Name.
One heart, one love. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by General0847: 4:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by Katier00(f): 5:01am On Jul 16, 2019
Mobile office
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by JasonScoolari: 6:42am On Jul 16, 2019
The truth is, Baba Lifeless is supposed to be a "Mai Guard" here but "QUOTA SYSTEM" pushed him into politics.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by namiji2598: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2019
The place looks like loads of trucks.loaded on each other

Looks like bus garage
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by DBossNG(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2019
smiley
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by netpro(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2019
If done right, container houses can be delightful.

41 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by jaelz(m): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2019
Please I make similar and better prefab houses please check out my page @kiskgroup

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by freemanbubble: 9:07am On Jul 16, 2019
Okay
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by WisdomFlakes: 9:08am On Jul 16, 2019
Not bad. But I have seen way better container structures.

1 Like

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by Dgr8hassiE(m): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2019
Beautiful
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 16, 2019
I saw this
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by DameB(f): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2019
So where are the pictures showing inside the office?

7 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by naijadrivablog: 9:08am On Jul 16, 2019
Located adjacent to CITEC Villas gate, Galadima.

In as much as this design is new, using containers to make offices isn't new. Along that Abuja Expressway, Gilmor Construction, Karmod (Turkish company in Katampe), and others use containers to make offices, just that aluminium walls covers the containers, so, it is not visible from outside.

We wrote about pedestrian bridges in Abuja too >.>https://www.nairaland.com/5289164/see-solar-powered-lights-cctv-mounted#80063595

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by NeekolazWorld(m): 9:09am On Jul 16, 2019
Na my data dey mess up or wethin. The topic say "inside" but na only outside I dey see.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2019
This is creative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by yinkus6750(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Creativity at its best.
Nice, colourful and great architectural master piece.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by Neoteny(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Reminds me of Box Park at Al Wasl in Dubai.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by agro122: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Meanwhile, the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has announced plans to embark on massive picketing and protest against all South African businesses in Nigeria.
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by porshnuel: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2019
I pass dat road daily when am going to work at wuse nd i keep wondering wat the containers are for...nw i know
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by mixta140: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2019
Lovely...

For stubborn STD check my signature.
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by BanevsJoker(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2019
Perfect for building construction companies.
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by Pavore9: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2019
Hmm...seen more creative ones.
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by Topmaike007(m): 9:16am On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) by Topmaike007(m): 9:16am On Jul 16, 2019
Okay oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

General Finishings Of 5bdrs luxury Duplex At Ajah Area For Nl Member By Rotech / Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures Check In Here / This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.