Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique (33140 Views)

Meet 24-year-old Chinenye Egbo, The Youngest Lecturer In Enugu State (VIDEO) / Chinenye Gloria Enukorah Is UNIZIK Nursin Best Graduating Student With 4.74 CGPA / Dapo Akande Honoured With A Portrait At Oxford University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by AlexReports(m): 5:30am On Jul 16, 2019
IMPRESSIVE!!! Anambra Varsity Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique (photos)

A lecturer in the Department of Mass Communication, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU), Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze, has been honoured with two awards for his creative teaching techniques.

Nwabueze was announced for the awards by two different organizations based on his ability to engage his students using a technique he calls lecturetainment teaching approach which combines entertainment and teaching at the same time to make his classes lively and enable students remember topics taught.
The awards are National Impact Merit Award, for Most Creative Teaching Technique, packaged by Amity global network; and Pan-Nigeria Leadership, Peace and Humanitarian award, for Outstanding Contribution To Education, given by Arise O Nigeria.

Recall that Nwabueze who shares some of his lecturetainment teaching methods online was the lecturer that wore Ebola Protective Suit into the classroom in 2013 to enlighten his students on the dangers of the Ebola scourge at that time and preventive measures to take. He also gave his students what he called ‘Zombie Quiz’ in the class while teaching use of costume in environmental awareness creation. The climate change video which he did with his students also went viral online. Nwabueze recently gave his students ‘Anas-themed Mask’ quiz during which all students, including their lecturer, wore a mask just like Anas Aremeyew Anas, the Ghanaian masked journalist, to remind them of the hazards of investigative reporting.

Nwabueze wore boxing gloves to class recently during an investigative reporting lecture. Last year, one of his classes also went viral on social media after he dressed like a transgender into a Ph.D class while teaching Culture shock and Gender Issues in Nigeria. He was recently spotted in a photoshoot with his students using the concept that he was made the classroom king and given 10 maidens to assist him in academic adventures for a whole year. On two different occasions, Nwabueze gave away free text books to all students in two different classes as a way of encouraging attendance to his lecture. He also gives awards to his students who did well in his class quizzes and practical exercises using the platform of massmediang.com, a blog he operates.

While speaking on the award, Nwabueze thanked God for the recognition given to him through the awards, dedicating the three awards to his students whom he said were behind his achievements. “You cannot achieve this kind of feat in any educational institution if the students do not testify that you are doing well. They are the primary purpose of our coming into this system and to do well means to impress them through your pedagogical techniques. But just as the saying goes, the reward of hard work is more work. I pray for God’s grace to give me extra strength to ensure I don’t disappoint the students whose observations attracted this honour.”

One of the coordinators of Arise O Nigeria which gave one of the awards, Miss Chioma Egbo observed that Nwabueze’s achievements in the classroom are impressive. We have monitored him closely for a long while and decided it was time to honour him. We do this as a form of encouragement to other lecturers to keep working hard, that their efforts would be rewarded someday.

The awards were received in Abuja on Saturday, June 8, on behalf of Nwabueze by a representative, Chijioke Benjamin.

https://www.abujapress.com/2019/07/impressive-anambra-varsity-lecturer.html?m=1

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by AlexReports(m): 5:31am On Jul 16, 2019
@alexreports

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Tolexander: 5:35am On Jul 16, 2019
Oh, I remember this lecturer

He backs his lecturing up with action and relating costumes

23 Likes

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by decatalyst(m): 5:54am On Jul 16, 2019
Slay Lecturer. cool

18 Likes

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Oceannaagent: 6:38am On Jul 16, 2019
grin grin
Nice photos up there

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by rowland545(m): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2019
Y does he use only women

Nah only women day him class....

Nigga is smart nigga go don run orgy tire

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Auduambless(m): 7:55am On Jul 16, 2019
Hardwork pays...
IF you want to be announced to your world �, look for a problem to solve, and dare what others run away from and be very happy doing them.

No matter how long it may take, be consistent, one day, will be your own day!!!

Good morning nairalanders... cool cool cool

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Proffdada: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2019
Closet gay angry
Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by bro4u: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2019
This lecturer go dey straf dat Dept gals well well ooo
Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Authoreety: 7:55am On Jul 16, 2019
Ladies man?
Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by greatme2good(f): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
If I say what I have in mind eeh...let me just pass.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by lonelydora: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
All those UNN lecturers, I hope they are seeing this. Life is not that hard.

Igbo amaka

24 Likes

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Lovelyn451(f): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
H

1 Like

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by olassybaba: 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
K
Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by imitateMe(m): 7:56am On Jul 16, 2019
The man must have enjoyed himself many times. Fortunately for him, he is not surrounded by our weak SW girls who would lie against you when they feel hurt.
I too like Igbo girls tongue

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Advantaged1: 7:58am On Jul 16, 2019
After all said and done, remember we will one day sleep never to wake up in this earthly body and stand before our maker. Cars, women, clothes, shoes, social media followers, money, friends, family, economy none will matter.

Only one question will be important then. "This Jesus that is being preached, what did you do with Him?" "Did you accept Him as Lord over your life?". Romans 10 talks about believing Him with your heart and confessing Him with your mouth as Lord over your life, and in doing so, salvation is yours.

Make mouth no dey smell make me dey talk say "Jesus loves you".

,............................................................................................

Kudos to the lecturer. If only our university lecturers would like him and employ novel ways to communicate whats been taught first class for plenty.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Babaheekmat: 7:59am On Jul 16, 2019
What's creative in this nonsense
Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Nat404: 7:59am On Jul 16, 2019
rowland545:
Y does he use only women

Nah only women day him class....

Nigga is smart nigga go don run orgy tire
Haha. Your mind is dirty. Didn't you see the other person?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Habinc310: 8:00am On Jul 16, 2019
Wailers be downloading Google copy and paste.last last they will dictate and start marking note

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Rosarie(f): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2019
The best way to impact knowledge is through practical

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by decrownprince(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2019
If all lecturers can improve on their teaching skill just like this lecturer, I wouldn't been sleeping through lectures and praying for the class to be over.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Ibile77(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2019
Creativity cum teaching methodology.

8 Likes

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by kullozone(m): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2019
Na only this man dey la all this toto?
Anyway, yeye Alexreportsmiley
Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by mallamnari: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2019
I will say it again, nothing surpriseserious me in this life
Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 16, 2019
I don't understand Nigerian youths. Here we have a teacher whose teaching approach is really advanced and helpful to the university.

Instead of congratulating him, almost all comments are about sex, ladies, sex, and ladies.

Do you develop a nation with sex?

I really congratulate this young lecturer for daring to innovate.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by chudez0147(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2019
Congrats to you my good friend.....
#You can not beat us in this game.....if you know, you know
Re: Dr. Chinenye Nwabueze: Anambra Lecturer Honoured For Creative Teaching Technique by TONYE001(m): 8:12am On Jul 16, 2019
LoJ:
I don't understand Nigerian youths. Here we have a teacher whose teaching approach is really advanced and helpful to the university.

Instead of congratulating him, almost all comments are about sex, ladies, sex, and ladies.

Do you develop a nation with sex?

I really congratulate this young lecturer for daring to innovate.

My exact thought!

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Graduating With Second Class Lower / Check Out My Graduation Pictures After Five Years (photos) / Angry Students Stone Afe Babalola Over One Month Power Outage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.