Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,377 members, 7,861,043 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:57 PM

Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help (17105 Views)

Flood At Ore, Benin-Lagos Expressway, Travellers & Motorists Stranded / Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Army Vehicle Trapped In Flood At Ariaria Market, Aba (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Suspect33(m): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2019
BadAdviser:
Nigerians are always complaining there's nothing wrong with this beautiful environment if the government can organize 500 abokis to pick all the dirt from the water you all will see how beautiful this place is going to look and it can be turned into a recreational site. Just watch Americans and foreigners from all over the world visit this beautiful environment for their vacation cool

It can even be used to organize Nigeria or Africa swimming competition in Olympic

If only they are intelligent minds like me in this country smh
why northerners, una don see this people finish grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Suspect33(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2019
AryaSand:
The residents of those 2 streets are not ready at all, When the Local Government chairman, his councillors and the Community head came on Sunday to plant flowers, I was actually expecting to see residents of those two streets (Tenibegiloju and Ojuemuren) protest but they didn't come out.

Meanwhile, whatever is going on on those streets has nothing to do with the construction work Arab Contractors is doing on ikorodu-Sagamu road. Those streets have no proper drainage and the people living there literally throw refuse on the road. I doubt is they even have a CDA.
almost everyone living in Lagos throws dirt on the road, I've never seen a city this dirty
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
Suspect33:
almost everyone living in Lagos throws dirt on the road, I've never seen a city this dirty

That thing irks me ehen, so disgusting. You see people burning refuse on the road and clogging their drainage with refuse. Ahn Ahn!
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Suspect33(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
AryaSand:

That thing irks me ehen, so disgusting. You see people burning refuse on the road and clogging their drainage with refuse. Ahn Ahn!
grin I've been here for just one year and am already working on a transfer, this is not my kind of place, mad people everywhere, stay safe jare
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
Suspect33:
grin I've been here for just one year and am already working on a transfer, this is not my kind of place, mad people everywhere, stay safe jare

Mad people State.
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Badonasty(m): 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Don't mistake what you are about to see as a beach neither as a vacation spot, this is far from what the good life has to offer.

The residents of Odogunyan a sub-urban area in Ikorodu, Lagos are crying for help and they need it urgently. According to reports, the residents of Tenigbegiloju and Ojuamure areas and all in Odogunyan, Ikorodu are appealing to the Lagos State Government to come for their rescue to curtail the menace of flooding before they all drown in these areas.

It was reported that the contractor handling the main road diverted the drainage to these areas. The normal practice is for construction companies to make an adquate channel for free flow for drainage but this seems to be wrong thereby affecting other areas such that whenever it rains, each of their streets is usually flooded.

These are some of the pictures we got to show you.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-IIB49dT2bPE/XS2oMl4W_-I/AAAAAAAAd3Y/SyVsU6zUWqkG1XlqgxEF2SGq_lkYWLJGACLcBGAs/s1600/66583373_2859634017441557_5745937377507934208_o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-DHW-z0j42SM/XS2oLmkiiCI/AAAAAAAAd3Q/FNAiPr9JgTY3HbF1hyin0C6q-gug5QEaACLcBGAs/s1600/66231217_2859633680774924_7515782229256044544_o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-6aGGkfZ6h7I/XS2oLo6zRqI/AAAAAAAAd3g/zMlK5m99mjYaR-odDy99YulCRdRohm_rACLcBGAs/s1600/66371798_2859633404108285_6050455553841299456_o.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-ZzPEgQ_W-O4/XS2oNNPLQuI/AAAAAAAAd3c/gMy0EdRMR4EjaHzbvun92L0Pelro13GAgCLcBGAs/s1600/66616711_2859634310774861_616735072954875904_o.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/residents-of-odogunyan-in-ikorodu.html

walahi lagosians are trying mehn
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by zoedew: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
iamapplord:

Good morning sir..i guess you understand ENGLISH very well

You saw NEIGHBORHOOD meaning i don't stay at Odogunyan

It takes thinking out of the box to see not slanted.
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Bluntemperor: 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Too Shameful!. Let's ask Hon.Abike-Dabiri and Mr Fashola,Min. of Works-what percentage of the road has been completed after their so called flag-off?. They have gone back to Abuja leaving the Contractor to do as their wish,with no Supervisor monitoring them and by now a sizeable percentage ought to have been completed
Truth be told,not just Odongiyan alone in this mess of flooding,go to places like Ishawo Rd,Igbogbo Axis and Ketu-Main road- how people get stranded for hours just to make a cross to the Mainland.Last week,my friend said he left home 6.am,got to Office quarter after 12 .Are these not Lagosians too? .
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by PqsMike: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
AryaSand:
The residents of those 2 streets are not ready at all, When the Local Government chairman, his councillors and the Community head came on Sunday to plant flowers, I was actually expecting to see residents of those two streets (Tenibegiloju and Ojuemuren) protest but they didn't come out.

Meanwhile, whatever is going on on those streets has nothing to do with the construction work Arab Contractors is doing on ikorodu-Sagamu road. Those streets have no proper drainage and the people living there literally throw refuse on the road. I doubt is they even have a CDA.

I sent u a Pm
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by iamapplord(m): 12:03am On Jul 17, 2019
Vikzz:

e no kuma reach first gate where we dey grin cool

Naso cool
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Vikzz(m): 10:16am On Jul 17, 2019
iamapplord:

Naso cool

you stay around first gate ?
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
PqsMike:

I sent u a Pm

Oh, sorry i can't access the mail I used to open this NL acct. What's up?
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by PqsMike: 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
Can we chat on WhatsApp?

Mention me ...so I can drop and delete after you've seen it

AryaSand:

Oh, sorry i can't access the mail I used to open this NL acct. What's up?
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
PqsMike:
Can we chat on WhatsApp?

Mention me ...so I can drop and delete after you've seen it

Chat me up on a dead thread instead. PLEASE don't drop your number.
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by PqsMike: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
AryaSand:

Chat me up on a dead thread instead. PLEASE don't drop your number.

...."dead thread" ..?...lol

Private chat is not for public consumption...no matter how dead ..

Can u contact me via projectqsmichaelATgmailDOTcom
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
PqsMike:

...."dead thread" ..?...lol

Private chat is not for public consumption...no matter how dead ..

Can u contact me via projectqsmichaelATgmailDOTcom

Okay.
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by PqsMike: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
AryaSand:

Okay.

Ok...thanks
Re: Flood At Odogunyan In Ikorodu, Takes Over Houses. Residents Appeal For Help by PqsMike: 6:47am On Aug 07, 2019
AryaSand:

Okay.

Hey Aryasand,

What's up....didn't hear from u.

Don't be Naive dear..... I'm a friend

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Taskforce Begins Clampdown Against Traffic Offender / Nigerian Migrants Trying To Enter Kiev Under Guise Of Football Team Detained At / How Much Is Ghana From Mile 2 Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.