Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self (19891 Views)

Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Users In Nigeria / Man Reported My Post To MTN On Twitter, See What MTN Finally Said (Screenshot) / Google Hides Aptoide As It Accepts Huawei Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by MhizMuna: 8:27am On Jul 18, 2019
SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘Likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self Esteem

Social media platform, Instagram is hiding ‘likes’ count in various countries such as Australia and Japan to “remove pressure” on users.

The trial which begins today, Thursdays, 18th July, will see ‘Instagrammers’ just seeing a user name and “others” liking the post rather than seeing a username and a particular number of people liking the post.

However, users can view the number of likes on their own post.

This step has been taken because, there have been concerns that social media platforms can contribute to low self-esteem and feelings of inadequacy in the youth.

In May, Instagram launched a similar trial in Canada and the new test is rolling out in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Italy, Japan and Brazil, the company told the media.

https://www./2019/07/social-media-instagram-hides-number-of-likes-on-post-to-prevent-low-self-esteem.

10 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by erifeoluwasimi(f): 8:29am On Jul 18, 2019
Another way to reduce depression

135 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Mynd44: 8:31am On Jul 18, 2019
These kids are really soft these days. The amount of likes on other people's post is making them feel less than what they are?

Is this where evolution is taking us?

232 Likes 15 Shares

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by CyberEBOLA(m): 8:32am On Jul 18, 2019
Just look at the likes in my signature, as nobody likes my post i had to generate my own likes, Before depression kills me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Sonfethopia: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2019
Uu
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Teejayphillip(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2019
Could dis be true grin grin

2 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Sonfethopia: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2019
U
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Sunexy(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2019
cheesy
All these toke and fellow unproductive olosho celebs will protest of its implemented in Instagram Naija. Market will just reduce drastically cheesy

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by ainas247: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2019
smiley That one nah for people wey won get low self-esteem

If I post you no like am I like am my self. period!! wink grin

rank your business on Youtube and Google fast
check my profile

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by princeade86(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2019
very good. I will post my picture, to get 100 likes na wahala, then Ronaldo post his own, within just 5min, he will get close to 1m.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by helphelp: 8:33am On Jul 18, 2019
Madness everywhere

2 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by OBTMOS(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2019
F
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Yakade(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2019
Slay queens will be frown at this...

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by superlanny(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2019
some people will just post without sense, many cannot put together all the mumbo jumbo that goes on in their heads into meaningful sentences. A good number of nairalanders fall into this category, likes is only a validation of a good constructed comment. Anyone feeling pressure should come and collect, i have thousands to give, its not like it transmits to credit alert.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by thorpido(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2019
Well,I guess some people need it.Low self esteem kwa?smh

1 Like

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 18, 2019
angry

13 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 18, 2019
Nice one

3 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Valro(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2019
No be lie, especially girls and jealousy

4 Likes

cheesy
Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by dokiOloye(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2019
A sad reality that people's satisfaction in life has come to include mundane issues like likes on social media.
The end is near grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Bossontop(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2019
undecided
Na wa ooo.....see how common ordinary "LIKE" dey worry pipu..........pipu different sha

15 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by ThierryJay: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2019
Even on Nairaland, many posters are like that.

That's why many would only post on the front page just to garner likes. If it's not the front page, they wouldn't post, even where they have meaningful things to say.

As if Likes were bitcoins.

34 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Jayslicky: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2019
Please they should start to introduce this in Nigeria, most slay Queens we thought committed suicide because of relationship issues, school grades, lack of money actually committed suicide due to likes on Instagram, they want to get enough likes like celebrities.

It's better we help them, if not we will see number of suicide skyrocketting in few years time. We have to help them, since they can't help themselves, because most of them have fish brains.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by ugochukwufrenzy: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2019
that one n.a. for people wey wan get low self esteem...who instagram likes don help

1 Like

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Kingluqman(m): 8:36am On Jul 18, 2019
Is it their low?

grin

1 Like

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:36am On Jul 18, 2019
It is finished!

The bane of social media

- low self esteem
- cyber bullying
- false lifestyle
- suicidal depression ...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by gassbee: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2019
Truth b told, u will feel bad n less appreciated if ur number of likes are so low

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by OgbanjeProphet: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2019
So me and Whizkid go come dey the same level for Instagram...

Ogbanje laugh no go kee me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2019
A minute silence for the kids and slay people who depends on numbers of likes and view on their post/status to be happy and feel accepted in the society.

Kanye West was the first to speak about this. i can say he made it happen. Even though it was twitter he made reference to.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Is04970: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2019
Mynd44:
These kids are really soft these days. The amount of likes on other people's post is making them feel less than what they are?

Is this where evolution is taking us?
Positions are also not given in schools again.

6 Likes

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram Hides Number Of ‘likes’ On Post To Prevent Low Self by Topmaike007(m): 8:37am On Jul 18, 2019
Seun need to remove the one on nairaland because the way like hunters are going about it on this platform ehhhn I fear for depression

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get All Mobile Games And Apps Download Link Here / Konga Black Friday Has Started!! Hurry And Grab Something For Yourself! / NCC Alerts Telecom Consumers On Flubot Malware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.