Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,341 members, 7,864,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

The Surprise That Awaits You In Marriage.... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Surprise That Awaits You In Marriage.... (379 Views)

Doctor Paid His Mother A Surprise Visit After 7 Years Abroad (Photos) / Single Man Throws Himself A Baby Shower As He Awaits The Birth Of His Son / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Surprise That Awaits You In Marriage.... by jaszplus12(m): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
What can you tell me about married life that most people don't know?
My top 10.

And yeah, I keep getting surprised.

1) Sex with your spouse gets better. Seems counter-intuitive. Yet, something about practice makes perfect. So keep practicing.
2) You’ll be attracted to others. No matter how attractive your spouse. Just a fresh face. So daydream but don’t chase.
3) Some days you’ll feel madly in love. Some days you’ll wonder, “What the hell?” Learn how to keep falling in love.
4) Those cute idiosyncrasies your spouse has? They’ll eventually drive you nuts. Change what you can. Forget the rest.
5) Together 24/7 sounds idyllic. And eventually will start to feel more like prison. You both need time alone in the sun. Give it.
6) You can’t imagine it, when you first marry, but you’ll fight. So learn how to fight fair. Resolve the issues. And restore your relationship.
7) After a fight you won’t feel like intimacy. Make up anyway. You’ll discover falling in love again. And it really is the most fun.
cool You think marriage is a 50/50 relationship. It’s really 100/100. If you keep score you lose. If both of you never stop giving 100% you win.
9) You’ll screw up. Your spouse will screw up. Something about being a fallible human. Expect it. Forgive it. Forget it. Move forward from it.
10) Marriage is the most fulfilling experience you’ll have. Oh, and the most frustrating. So together commit to growing your marriage. So you experience the fulfilling part.

These are just a few of the surprises that await you.

After all, I’ve been married for a while and my wife still surprises me. Of course, I think, most of the time I baffle her.

So what is your biggest marriage surprise?

You can build a great marriage when you expect it to be surprising.

By Doug Armey

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Wallpaper Sales Promo. Fracan Wallpaper Ltd Abuja / Prince Tonye Princewill Bids Farewell To Sister / John Dumelo And Wife Gifty Celebrate Their Son John Dumelo Jnr's 1st Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.