Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 (3188 Views)

Nigerian AGIP Exploration Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme 2019/2020 / Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme 2019 / 2017 MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
The MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high performing full time students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) in Nigeria. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.

A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses are awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends. The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full time students in their second year of study.

Since 2010, over 5,000 scholarships have been awarded. The scholarships, awarded on an annual basis, is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred thousand Naira). This covers tuition, book allowances and living allowances for one academic year.
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2019
If you encounter any problem during the registration, please drop it here so we can put you through.
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
Semtum pls i just registered but i didnot use an mtn number will it affect me
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
toroabasietim94:
Semtum pls i just registered but i didnot use an mtn number will it affect me

It will affect your chances bro.

You have to use a Mtn number linked to a Diamond yello account.

Because you'll be asked later on to open a Diamond Yello account which you must do with the mtn number you used during registration.
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 4:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
As per information gotten, this scholarship is opened only to 300L students.

If you dont qualify, you can still go ahead and try your luck.
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Iuckyboy: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
Pls is 200l medicine student eligeable to apply?
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
Iuckyboy:
Pls is 200l medicine student eligeable to apply?

Only 300L students in the courses listed below are eligible

• Accountancy/Accounting
• Agric. Extension and Rural Development
• Agricultural Science
• Agronomy
• Animal Breeding and Genetics
• Animal Nutrition
• Animal Production and Health
• Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
• Applied Physics
• Architecture
• Chemical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer and Electronics
• Computer and Information Science
• Computer and Mathematics
• Computer Engineering
• Computer Science
• Electrical Engineering
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering • Electronics and Computer Technology
• Electronics Engineering
• Engineering Physics
• Industrial Mathematics
• Industrial Physics
• Information Technology
• Mathematics
• Mechanical Engineering
• Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
• Petroleum and Gas Engineering
• Physics Electronics
• Geophysics
• Physics/ Computational Modeling
• Pure/ Applied Physics
• Statistics
• Statistics and Computer Science
• System Engineering
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
Semtu:

It will affect your chances bro.

You have to use a Mtn number linked to a Diamond yello account.

Because you'll be asked later on to open a Diamond Yello account which you must do with the mtn number you used during registration.
Pls should i re-register ?
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by XTRIMIOUS: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
I used my mother MTN number as my alternative number please will this affect my chances of becoming a scholar?
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2019
toroabasietim94:

Pls should i re-register ?

What's your level and department ?
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2019
XTRIMIOUS:
I used my mother MTN number as my alternative number please will this affect my chances of becoming a scholar?

It cant affect your chances as that doesnt really matter
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by XTRIMIOUS: 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Semtu:

It cant affect your chances as that doesnt really matter
The first phone number which is my phone number is an Airtel number.
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
Semtu:

What's your level and department ?
200 level ..mechanical engineering
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
Pls what should i do
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Lxdd: 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
Semtu:

Only 300L students in the courses listed below are eligible

• Accountancy/Accounting
• Agric. Extension and Rural Development
• Agricultural Science
• Agronomy
• Animal Breeding and Genetics
• Animal Nutrition
• Animal Production and Health
• Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
• Applied Physics
• Architecture
• Chemical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer and Electronics
• Computer and Information Science
• Computer and Mathematics
• Computer Engineering
• Computer Science
• Electrical Engineering
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering • Electronics and Computer Technology
• Electronics Engineering
• Engineering Physics
• Industrial Mathematics
• Industrial Physics
• Information Technology
• Mathematics
• Mechanical Engineering
• Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
• Petroleum and Gas Engineering
• Physics Electronics
• Geophysics
• Physics/ Computational Modeling
• Pure/ Applied Physics
• Statistics
• Statistics and Computer Science
• System Engineering

I'm in 200lvl and I applied successfully
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
XTRIMIOUS:

The first phone number which is my phone number is an Airtel number.

Wow, using an Mtn number is really important.

All previous awardees of this scholarship that I've interviewed overemphasized how important it is.
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 7:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
toroabasietim94:

200 level ..mechanical engineering

Don't re-register.

Just leave it as it is.
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lxdd:

I'm in 200lvl and I applied successfully

The scholarship is officially for 300L students.

But who knows??... You may be lucky
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Lxdd: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
Semtu:

All previous awardees of this scholarship that I've interviewed overemphasized how important it is.
How are we supposed to know that? It wasn't stated anywhere
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by moshark06(m): 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Pls does anyone, knows the deadline for it application
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Savagethe21st(m): 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
I applied twice..bcus i madr mistake in d first application, will i be disqualified?
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by XTRIMIOUS: 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
Semtu:

Can I go to MTN office to change my service provider from Airtel to MTN?
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lxdd:

How are we supposed to know that? It wasn't stated anywhere

The scholarship is facilitated by MTN... It doesnt take rocket science to know if you are to register with a Mtn number or not.
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 11:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
moshark06:
Pls does anyone, knows the deadline for it application

Just register as soon as possible
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 11:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
Savagethe21st:
I applied twice..bcus i madr mistake in d first application, will i be disqualified?

You won't be disqualified.
XTRIMIOUS:

Can I go to MTN office to change my service provider from Airtel to MTN?

I don't think what you are asking is possible
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by XTRIMIOUS: 12:46am On Jul 20, 2019
Semtu:

I don't think what you are asking is possible
Thanks should I reapply for the scholarship or to leave it like that
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 4:28am On Jul 20, 2019
XTRIMIOUS:

Thanks should I reapply for the scholarship or to leave it like that

Just leave it as that
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by NDSMELODY(m): 7:32am On Jul 20, 2019
I just applied now but on getting to the last page i could not see any sign of successful registration after i accepted terms and condition or does it mean my registration was successful?
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Lxdd: 8:34am On Jul 20, 2019
Semtu:

The scholarship is facilitated by MTN... It doesnt take rocket science to know if you are to register with a Mtn number or not.
Forget rocket science. The requirements are supposed to be stated explicitly
Re: MTNF Science And Technology Scholarship Scheme 2019 by Semtu(m): 10:30am On Jul 20, 2019
NDSMELODY:
I just applied now but on getting to the last page i could not see any sign of successful registration after i accepted terms and condition or does it mean my registration was successful?

Its successful as long as you submitted after registration.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strike: Education Minister To Update Nigerians / Ui-dlc-student Forum / Lasu: Lagos University Gets New Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.