Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon (4736 Views)

Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) / Exclusive: New Max Payne Movie Trailer / The New Nigerian Movie Called Beyonce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by AdamuW: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2010
Hi All,
It has been a while since I’ve posted. We’ve been working a cartoon concept for the past few months now. And we finally launched the 1st episode last week but only got the higher quality render done last night so it’s ready to show to everyone here. It’s a series aimed at children who are between the ages of 3 and 5 primarily. Let us know what you think. Another Nairalander Xothermik was the lead animator on the project.
[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ5sOMOYwkQ?fs=1&hl=en_GB"[/flash]
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by OKX(m): 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2010
big ups,guys!

@AdamuW/ Xothermik
would rather send my thots via private correspondence if dats ok?
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by AdamuW: 9:26pm On Oct 13, 2010
@OKX How are you? Sure. You send your comments to binoandfino (at) gmail.com . Then we can take it from there. It's just a buffer account because I've had real issues when I give out personal accounts online. Take care.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Amhatu(m): 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2010
Enjoyed the smooth theme song. Nice Work!
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Dolemite(f): 11:25am On Oct 14, 2010
Looks good, front page this please. grin
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by seedord247(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2010
Good one pls keep it up
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by AdamuW: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ Dolemite Thank you very much
@ Amhatu Glad you liked the music
@seedord247 Thank you. We'll try.

Here's the cartoon project's facebook page and blog.
http://www.facebook.com/binoandfino    and www.binoandfino.com
We've had some interesting feedback and opinions would love feedback from Nairalanders. This cartoon is for Nigerian and African children as we have been seriously underserved when it comes to things like this.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2010
I really like it, I do.

But, I think it would be more entertaining if different voices were used for phino and bino. It gets boring when you hear the same voice throughout. And the repetitive "says. . . " "said. . . " can be left out too.

I think this WILL make a great children cartoon if you keep working hard on it. Looks and sounds like  BLUES and like that cartoon by Bill cosby; LITTLE BILL. Good luck.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by sonety2k(m): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I really like it, I do.

But, I think it would be more entertaining if different voices were used for phino and bino. It gets boring when you hear the same voice throughout. And the repetitive "says. . . " "said. . . " can be left out too.

[b][i]I think this WILL make a great children cartoon if you keep working hard on it. Looks and sounds like BLUES and like that cartoon by Bill cosby; LITTLE BILL. Good luck.[/[/i]b]

Thants true fact and i hope they will take to the advice ,
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by AdamuW: 1:09pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ Ileke-IdI
Thank you very much. We're working on addressing the issues you mentioned as people flagged it up on the facebook fan page. This free episode was to show the audience, the potential of such a cartoon . And to get feedback such as the one you've given us. This will help us make a better DVD for sale .

All the best

@sonety2k We'll do our best to incorporate what people tell us. We can't please everyone and won't be able to implement everything. But trust me when I say we are listening to all criticisms.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by OmoTier1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
Great! Nice to see Nigerians taknig up challenges and filling the gaps! I am very sure this will be very much welcomed in Africa. HOWEVER, there are certain features ( in my opinion, which may not be what you want) that should be reflected in an African cartoon ( just like the Nollywood aspect)

1. The physical looks of the characters are not African lke (e.g. the hair styles doesnt look African, the dressing doesn't look African)

2. The body build of the characters is not African (p.s. If you notice, what makes most British cartoon to sell in the UK in most cases is down to the fact that the body build of the character are designed to look just lke the average young british kids! fatty belly, uncared for hairy etc.)

Again, I must commend your effort thus far and I am sure with little refinement, you would be hitting the stage with something really good for Africa tv!
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

Great! Nice to see Nigerians taknig up challenges and filling the gaps! I am very sure this will be very much welcomed in Africa. HOWEVER, there are certain features ( in my opinion, which may not be what you want) that should be reflected in an African cartoon ( just like the Nollywood aspect)

1. The physical looks of the characters are not African lke (e.g. the hair styles doesnt look African, the dressing doesn't look African)

2. The body build of the characters is not African (p.s. If you notice, what makes most British cartoon to sell in the UK in most cases is down to the fact that the body build of the character are designed to look just lke the average young british kids! fatty belly, uncared for hairy etc.)

Again, I must commend your effort thus far and I am sure with little refinement, you would be hitting the stage with something really good for Africa tv!

I have to argue with some of your points. Yes, those do not reflect African children, but some African children do dress and appear like that. We can add more African values, but we do not have to totally delete all those characteristics you mentioned.

Plz, what do you mean by African physical looks? I am African and my stature is like a REGULAR person. . . . define African build abeg.

I am not trying to be rude, but I hope we're not bordering on inferiority complex here.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by waledoy(m): 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2010
nice one!
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by mystikal(m): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2010
those features look african to me.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Justcash(m): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2010
@AdamuW: You guys should keep it up. Keep the light burning. It is people like you that gives me hope about the survival of Nigeria. I hope you serve as an inspiration to alot of Nigerians. May God bless y'all.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by r231(m): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2010
Nice one
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by oluclem(m): 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2010
Nice job. Keep it up.  But it can be better if you remove the reporting aspect of it. i.e  the "said" and "say"
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by AdamuW: 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
@ Everyone Thank you very much for your kind words and feedback. We are already working on altering the voiceover/narration style to something similar to what people are suggesting. Having different voices and taking out the" he says she says ".
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by spikedcylinder: 5:07pm On Oct 14, 2010
I mirror what everyone has said in terms of the they said he said narratives. Educative. Well done. smiley
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Dolemite(f): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2010
Hey AdamuW take this pilot to AIT or some other tv station and see what they say. Finding sponsors would be easy, I see MTN jumping on this.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by biolabee(m): 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2010
did not finish the pilot but from what i saw

stop the says bino and fino thingie
also let there be a plot and the music soundtrack should be more upbeat

i like the drawing and the sound made when she wanted to hear him clearly (reminds me of dexter and deedee)

love the eye gestures of rthe boy

good one!

please let there be a story of the family (it can be themed round educational stuff /travel stuff/school life stuff/)
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Dizzy001(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2010
Great,,loved it but i think you should get kids and peeps to do the talking and not someone saying "no school today?, SAYS BINO"

i hate that , says , on shows(dats why i don't watch ait cartoons)
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2010
Wow nice one, I have got it downloaded to show my niece and nephews so that can have a lil idea bout naija cartoon. ENOUGH OF DORA AND DIEGO grin
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by vanariso(m): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
Nice one, there is room for improvement.Especially in the voice.They(Bino,Fino,Mamaand Baba) are all with the same voice.Also try and remove the reader mode, (someone speaking from a reader poit, trying to help decipher the clues with the , says Bino, sayss Fino thing).
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by peacettw: 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
Pls, where can i download this?
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by cammax7(m): 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2010
@poster > Nice concept. Big ups. If you need a writer for the series i'm totally available.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by OmoTier1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I have to argue with some of your points. Yes, those do not reflect African children, but some African children do dress and appear like that. We can add more African values, but we do not have to totally delete all those characteristics you mentioned.

Plz, what do you mean by African physical looks? I am African and my stature is like a REGULAR person. . . . define African build abeg.

I am not trying to be rude, but I hope we're not bordering on inferiority complex here.

Sorry if my point seems to communicate otherwise! The question I only wanted to raise is if African/Nigerian kids can watch those characters and have a feel that those characters actually look as them. Yes you right that some African childrendo dress that way but I was only implying that just as they do in nollywood, the dress code and looks fit what is obtainable in Nigeria and many people can identify with it!

As per the African look; well its simple. a 5years onld African looks completely different to a 5years old Brit - Bodywise. Just to quickly mention, this has nothing to do with inferiority complex. If you have been opportuned to be involved in developing products/services for a niche market, then maybe this catch phrase would resonate with you - ( SAME - LIKELYHOOD). It's a product/services developer jargon which simply put is a reminder that when you are developing anything for a niche market, ask yourself if the receiver in the niche market can identify with it as being thier own and how likely will they embrace it as their own.

Not to take anything away from those guys, it's a brilliant job and I am sure it will receive a very good welcome by the time they put it out there for public consumption
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 14, 2010
Omo-tier, I got ya now. Thanks for the expl.

But as for the physicality, I think the poster got it right. There's no average african look. Or do you want the poster to emulate westernize perception of african children.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by timmy2409(m): 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2010
OMG shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
you have no idea how pumped up I am from seeing this!! I was just thinking of how cool cartoons for Naija kids would be, then I see this! This is pretty awesome,

I totally disagree with the guy that said they aren't dressed like typical naija kids. What are typical Naija kids dressed like? in leaves or only underwear? grin

I know the show's still in its beginning stage, but If i may ask OP, what plans do you have for airing?
You also said this was the first episode, is this gonna be the typical length? I would think it'll be longer undecided

GOOD JOB THO smiley
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2010
Reminds me of Charlie and Lola on CBeebies. This is really creative and can compete with international standards. Big ups!
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by xothermik(m): 12:00am On Oct 15, 2010
wow. so much positive feedback. makes me forget the loooong hard hours working to deliver this pilot episode. we really appreciate your comments as they really inspire us to do much more. we'll do our best to not let you down. keep watching us guys.
Re: Exclusive!:New Nigerian Kids Cartoon by Ruq: 3:13am On Oct 15, 2010
Anything for adults

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sleepy Hollow Fan Page / 10 Must See Movies In 2018 / 10 of the most notorious film quotes ever ✘✘

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.