Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,872 members, 7,810,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads (22178 Views)

Vintage Cars On The Street Of Lagos During Independence Day Drive (photos) / What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Islie: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2019
By Oluseyi Taiwo-Oguntuase

LAGOS – Lagos state government has noted that the current traffic situation in the state indicates that 95 percent of transportation is done by road.

It therefore stressed the need to reduce the number of cars on the road and pro­vide alternative options which are rail and water­ways transportation that is efficient and safe for Lago­sians and those that choose to visit Lagos.

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, La­gos State Governor, stated this on Thursday while delivering his keynote ad­dress at the fourth Lagos Traffic Radio Lecture Se­ries held at the Radio La­gos/Eko FM Multi-purpose Hall, Agidingbi-Ikeja with the theme, ‘Lagos Beyond Roads: The Intermodal Transport Option’.

Sanwo-Olu who was rep­resented at the event by Dr. Kadri Obafemi Hamzat his Deputy restated the state government’s commitment to deliver to Lagosians a reliable, efficient, safe and effective intermodal transport system that will enhance mass movement of people through the ex­pansion of BRT routes and completion of rail and wa­ter transportation infra­structure in the state.

https://www.independent.ng/lagos-seeks-to-reduce-numbers-of-cars-on-roads/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2019
Okay.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by NoBetterNigeria: 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
Good one

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Johnkay01: 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
Very easy. Ambode has started it, Sanwo should stretch it further by bring more of BRT buses so that it will cover everywhere in Lagos. Many will dump their cars for it.

The new BRT is cheaper and the comfortability is top notch - full AC, WiFi, spacious and secure from agberos.

People moving from Oshodi to Berger, CMS, etc can explain better.

But moving to the next level like picture below is also good but water is no no no for me, I will just jump into it myself. At times I do close my eyes when I'm using third mainland bridge.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by temmietrizzie(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
NICE
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Ultimatezlant: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
O

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by MkMel: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
Let me see how it turns out.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by agbalej(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nice one
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by philip0906(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
lol...jokers! With the billions this state generates in internal revenue daily, N500 billion+ debt profile, the state with over 17 million inhabitants doesn't have a functional mass transit system...Ambode made noise about rail, Fashola made noise about rail, Sanwo-Olu too has joined in the noise. China is building mass transit systems in 2-3 years conveying hundreds of thousands of people, here it's lips service.

Come to Alausa and see LIRS staff moving about preparing to go collect tax from hardworking Lagosians and you wonder where the monies are going to...Yeye people

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Beremx(f): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
OK good
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by YugoMagazine: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
grin

That Means Trekking Go Increase grin grin grin

In other News'

Couple Fall From 9-storey Building While Having Sex (Video)

Read Here- https://www.yugo.com.ng/couple-fall-from-9-storey-building-while-having-sex-video/

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by KfashionHubb: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
As a first , plz sieze and melt all the yellow taxis in one big clay pot.

Second , plate numbers with last digits as odd numbers drives on Monday Wednesday Friday

Even numbered plate numbers drives on Sunday Tuesday Thursday

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by abhosts(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
Anyone Remembers the days of Odd and Even Number driving?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by tripoli007(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
Build a good jetty in oworo ,ajah,ikorodu , ojo to link cms , marina , falomo ,lekki and Victoria island and watch traffic congestion become a thing of the past . The prices should be friendly too

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Cantonese: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
Islie:

https://www.independent.ng/lagos-seeks-to-reduce-numbers-of-cars-on-roads/

I hope they are not planning Even and Odd number cars like the 1970s. People will own two cars and more so that their cars can be on the road daily.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Virusnation: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
Monorail is the option. Once achieved we 'll say goodbye to traffic ..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by theowane: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nice move Mr Gov, but it will not happen even in your 2 terms ( that's if you get the second). It will be a gradual thing.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Studyinchina200(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
OK
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by lexy2014: 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
MkMel:
Let me see how it turns out.

There's nothing to c because nothing will change. Pls read d article again, its just one of those speeches
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2019
story story
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Smartjohns(m): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
Lagos is overcrowded. Other means of transportation should have been introduced a long time ago.

But that water tran system, is a NOOh, they'd better have a rethink. I love my LIFE.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by gaetano: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
If you want to reduce the number of cars on Lagos roads, It's simple.

Make sure all other sea ports and air ports are fully functional. People will migrate on their own to do businesses.
Lagos currently carries about 20percent of Nigeria's population and despite so much vehicle being on the road, its still not enough to cater for everyone. If they think adding some trains and BRT busses while reducing commercial transport will reduce it then they are joking. They know what to do but nepotism no gree them.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by lexy2014: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2019
tripoli007:
Build a good jetty in oworo ,ajah,ikorodu , ojo to link cms , marina , falomo ,lekki and Victoria island and watch traffic congestion become a thing of the past . The prices should be friendly too

There are jetties in all these places u mentioned

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by TGIFriday(m): 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
No problem. The revenue will reduce as well
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Chiccly(f): 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
Get ready for mine.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
If this guy can get this done, he will go down the book of history as a great governor

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Muhylonaire(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
So people that have cars should now leave their cars at home and board train?? Joke!!
The only solution to that is by reducing the number people living in Lagos grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by mknigeriagreat: 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
Don't take away cars like this on my signature oooo. They are the ones that beautify our roads. Contact me for it ASAP. Almost gone.

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Pavore9: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2019
KfashionHubb:
As a first , plz sieze and melt all the yellow taxis in one big clay pot.

Second , plate numbers with last digits as odd numbers drives on Monday Wednesday Friday

Even numbered plate numbers drives on Sunday Tuesday Thursday

Odd and even numbers was back then in the 80s, not realistic now.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by lexy2014: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
Virusnation:
Monorail is the option. Once achieved we 'll say goodbye to traffic ..

Where will u put d monorail?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? / Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? / Planes, Traffic Lights & Tyres : Find Out Why They Have “standard” Colours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.