Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads (22196 Views)

Vintage Cars On The Street Of Lagos During Independence Day Drive (photos) / What Comes To Your Mind When You See These Cars On The Road? (PHOTOS) / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by 400billionman: 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
So this idea is just entering their minds today ?

What a shame.

Good underground rails will reduce Lagos traffic by 50%. Who likes to suffer ?

Only that the leaders don't think.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by holluphemydavid(m): 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
abhosts:
Anyone Remembers the days of Odd and Even Number driving?
In Lagos?
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Regulate Uber, taxify and the other mushroom e-taxis springing up by the day.

I bet LASG does not even know the number of vehicles Uber has on the road any given day. If they knew they'd be shocked out of their shorts grin
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by 400billionman: 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
Johnkay01:
Very easy. Ambode has started it, Sanwo should stretch it further by bring more of BRT buses so that it will cover everywhere in Lagos. Many will dump their cars for it.

The new BRT is cheaper and the comfortability is top notch - full AC, WiFi, spacious and secure from agberos.

People moving from Oshodi to Berger, CMS, etc can explain better.

But moving to the next level like picture below is also good but water is no no no for me, I will just jump into it myself. At times I do close my eyes when I'm using third mainland bridge.

Nothing beats rail transportation.

Lagos must build underground rails if it must contain road traffic.

It is not ROCKET SCIENCE.

Yet we had a Rocket Science Governor there for 8 years deceiving the masses.

The underground rail system won't affect anything happening on top of the land. Just reinforced tunnels like in Coal Mines but must be used for Rail Mass Transit.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Kakamorufu(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
thy should just explore water transportation too. with strict safety plans put in place though
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by ately1(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
COTONOU CAR AGENT. FOR AFFORDABLE CAR OF UR CHOICE. 100% 09039130544. Serious buyer
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by mamaafrik(m): 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Johnkay01:
Very easy. Ambode has started it, Sanwo should stretch it further by bring more of BRT buses so that it will cover everywhere in Lagos. Many will dump their cars for it.

The new BRT is cheaper and the comfortability is top notch - full AC, WiFi, spacious and secure from agberos.

People moving from Oshodi to Berger, CMS, etc can explain better.

But moving to the next level like picture below is also good but water is no no no for me, I will just jump into it myself. At times I do close my eyes when I'm using third mainland bridge.
which wifi,the Redcheetah nonsense wifi wey no dey work abi another one
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by olamikhail(m): 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
abhosts:
Anyone Remembers the days of Odd and Even Number driving?
when was that?
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by naphunlimited(m): 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2019
This kind of things happens when there no agenda and vision.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by SenatorJnr02: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
How I wish Tinubu will allow this man to work. I doubt it anyways.
Concerning the topic, I propose a rail system that runs from Epe through CMS/Obalende to Oshodi. By so doing the traffic challenges of Lekki-Epe express way shall be solved once and for all.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by redsun(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
That will save countless lives. The air in lagos is radioactive. Toxic fumes that come from off road vehicles that should be any near public roads.

They should build cycle lanes to encourage more people to cycle to work.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by litaninja(m): 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
Its being done with huge success already. The TERRIBLE ROADS IN LAGOS STATE ARE PUTTING VEHICLES IN MECHANIC WORKSHOPS!!!
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by gnykelly(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
KfashionHubb:
As a first , plz sieze and melt all the yellow taxis in one big clay pot.

Second , plate numbers with last digits as odd numbers drives on Monday Wednesday Friday

Even numbered plate numbers drives on Sunday Tuesday Thursday

You can't limit people movement... You build durable roads and seamless interchange.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Basher8583: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
philip0906:
lol...jokers! With the billions this state generates in internal revenue daily, N500 billion+ debt profile, the state with over 17 million inhabitants doesn't have a functional mass transit system...Ambode made noise about rail, Fashola made noise about rail, Sanwo-Olu too has joined in the noise. China is building mass transit systems in 2-3 years conveying hundreds of thousands of people, here it's lips service.

Come to Alausa and see LIRS staff moving about preparing to go collect tax from hardworking Lagosians and you wonder where the monies are going to...Yeye people

In Trumps voice "You do like it.. then go back to your region"
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
When you have an efficient transport system in place cars will reduce, you ve got to have tains, trams, and buses, these must have decent seats, clean interior and be free of touts.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Agromuda(m): 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
KfashionHubb:
As a first , plz sieze and melt all the yellow taxis in one big clay pot.

Second , plate numbers with last digits as odd numbers drives on Monday Wednesday Friday

Even numbered plate numbers drives on Sunday Tuesday Thursday

It was used un the past 70's. Lawyers wld challenge it as infringement on human eights if movement.

Also, pple wld dubiously own 2 plate numbers for a vehicle
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by mechanics(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
Trust lagosians they will still use road for transportation, not all of them have the means for water transportation, even the road transportation is expensive.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by philip0906(m): 8:10pm On Jul 19, 2019
Basher8583:

In Trumps voice "You do like it.. then go back to your region"
Everything must be tribal to you dingbats...you probably don't pay tax

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
God helping them it is possible
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Basher8583: 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2019
philip0906:

Everything must be tribal to you dingbats...you probably don't pay tax

Hey .. on the contrary dingbat... I actually pay my tax as Im an income earner. So your point is...?
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by badmus77(m): 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2019
Islie:

https://www.independent.ng/lagos-seeks-to-reduce-numbers-of-cars-on-roads/

what they need to do is just to introduce compulsory comprehensive insurance.. the bigger the engine, vehicle and price of the vehicles should determine the price they pay yearly. Cars will reduce once you start paying millions. People will change
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by philip0906(m): 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
Basher8583:

Hey .. on the contrary dingbat... I actually pay my tax as Im an income earner. So your point is...?
Since you pay your tax as you claim, don't you think others who pay their taxes demand to know what exactly their taxes are spent on and to also see what their taxes are spent on? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by tripoli007(m): 11:51pm On Jul 19, 2019
lexy2014:

There are jetties in all these places u mentioned

What are the prices of the does jetty.. That are available
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by lexy2014: 12:07am On Jul 20, 2019
tripoli007:

What are the prices of the does jetty.. That are available

Don't no d exact prices 4 all d routes cos its been a while I used boat but d prices are affordable
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Basher8583: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2019
philip0906:

Since you pay your tax as you claim, don't you think others who pay their taxes demand to know what exactly their taxes are spent on and to also see what their taxes are spent on? undecided
Don't be silly. If you want to know what taxes are spent on, go to the Lagos inland revenue office and exercise your freedom of information rights. I'm sure they will gladly give you all the necessary information or direct you to the necessary department. It's not achieved on Social Media now. Since you are an adult as you claim by paying your tax, you should know that.
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by philip0906(m): 10:07am On Jul 20, 2019
Basher8583:

Don't be silly. If you want to know what taxes are spent on, go to the Lagos inland revenue office and exercise your freedom of information rights. I'm sure they will gladly give you all the necessary information or direct you to the necessary department. It's not achieved on Social Media now. Since you are an adult as you claim by paying your tax, you should know that.
This joker says I should go and ask Inland Revenue what my taxes are spent on...Wetin person no go see for nairaland.

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Basher8583: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2019
philip0906:

This joker says I should go and ask Inland Revenue what my taxes are spent on...Wetin person no go see for nairaland.

Stop deceiving yourself. Swallow your pride, go to inland Revenue and thank me later
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by philip0906(m): 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2019
Basher8583:

[s]Stop deceiving yourself. Swallow your pride, go to inland Revenue and thank me late[/s]r
You're a complete joke...You obviously don't pay tax, else you should know that taxes are spent on infrastructure, workers salaries, healthcare, basic amenities etc

Lagos state spends approximately 62% of its budget on capital expenditure...Part of this is financed through IGR from taxes. Unfortunately, we tax payers are not seeing the infrastructure...I have seen roofless Public Schools in Ketu. The Public schools I saw in ikotun are an eyesore. The roads in the nook and crannies of the state, are filled with potholes. Streetlights are not functioning etc

You're nothing but a tribal bigot going by your first post, still been spoonfed by your parents
Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by diehard1: 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2019
What Lagos needs is mass transit , construction of new roads and enforcing traffic rules. Keke and okada mode of transportation should be stopped.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads by Basher8583: 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
philip0906:

You're a complete joke...You obviously don't pay tax, else you should know that taxes are spent on infrastructure, workers salaries, healthcare, basic amenities etc

Lagos state spends approximately 62% of its budget on capital expenditure...Part of this is financed through IGR from taxes. Unfortunately, we tax payers are not seeing the infrastructure...I have seen roofless Public Schools in Ketu. The Public schools I saw in ikotun are an eyesore. The roads in the nook and crannies of the state, are filled with potholes. Streetlights are not functioning etc

You're nothing but a tribal bigot going by your first post, still been spoonfed by your parents

Insults insults insults.
Well just to make you happy, I will let you be. No time to deal with you today. Will see you some other time

We are clearly not on the same level of reasoning.

Wish you well my frustrated Nairalander

(1) (2) (Reply)

Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims / 5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership / Planes, Traffic Lights & Tyres : Find Out Why They Have “standard” Colours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.