Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,317 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Family Funding And Wives - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Funding And Wives (1170 Views)

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! / Police Wives Advised To Be Good Mothers And Wives / Mother's Day: Love Songs For Mothers And Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Funding And Wives by Plutarch: 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2010
Hello house,
I need honest n informed responses especially from married women n men eventhough all responsible comments r welcomed.
I want u 2 share your view about how much a lady can get herself involved in funding of d home.
Does d man v 2 do everything even when d lady has a well paid job. If no what xtent should d lady get involved lest a man b considered irresponsible.
I personally blive a man b a man in all endeavour. Like to knw ur views as my only dream is 2 b d best hubby/fada.
Re: Family Funding And Wives by TEXASGIRL(f): 3:21am On Oct 14, 2010
Every couple is different and it depends on each situation; The lifestyle they wish to maintain, their respective incomes, and their goals. Those things should all be discussed and decided upon prior to marriage. Personally I believe in marriage you are one so your assets are all to go in one pot together. You should then decide together how they are to be spent.
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Plutarch: 8:07pm On Oct 15, 2010
tnx .very resonable though but really dont fancy that idea of joint account.
Re: Family Funding And Wives by kokoye(m): 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2010
whatever floats ur boat.

The fact that stuff works for some couple does not mean it will work with you. Like the other poster said, sit down with your spouse and decide between you how best to take care of your home. You dated for a while so you should be able to understand and accept each other's shortcomings.

Good luck.
Re: Family Funding And Wives by rubi(f): 8:47pm On Oct 15, 2010
Women respect men more when they ignore their wives money. Women are easily manipulated if only the man knows the right botton to click maybe b/c of their nature.

The more a man don't ask a woman her income the more she pours her heart into the family

Prove yourself a hero then the rest will be ofe nlacha smiley
Re: Family Funding And Wives by kokoye(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^^

It is sad but the honest truth

And this is part of the reason why some men will stop at nothing to be rich (kindappings, 419, POLITICS, army robbery).
Re: Family Funding And Wives by alicianna(f): 12:32am On Oct 16, 2010
TEXASGIRL:

Every couple is different and it depends on each situation; The lifestyle they wish to maintain, their respective incomes, and their goals. Those things should all be discussed and decided upon prior to marriage. Personally I believe in marriage you are one so your assets are all to go in one pot together. You should then decide together how they are to be spent.
Well said! smiley
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Idowuogbo(f): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2010
@poster i dont agree wiv d man having so much burden wen d wife has an income , d main reason  for dem working is to support dier kids if they have any but ancient reasoning have made it a must prority for the man to carry all d the expenses . in  fair honesty a man has to b a man but pls  both d man and woman brought those kids into this world so both shud  render financial help to each other .if d lady is working she has to secure a prt of d household were she shud b reponsible for but d man has to stand his grounds has well so d woman doesnt overpower him bcus if he doesnt he might jus invite her disrespectful ways when she has so much on her list.
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2010
I agree with Ruby!

One time when I was dating, my ex asked me for something, I think 200 naira mtn card and I said no! This is a guy I buy gifts worth at least 20k for, but I couldn't give him 200 naira. Why? Because he asked!

I don't belive a man should ask a woman for anything, wife or not. I dont belive a man should rely on his wife's income to take care of the family, richer or not! I don't belive women should be made the bread winners in the family or even be mandated to contribute equally. I think we have enough responsibilities as it is. The only thing the man is supposed to do, which is provide for the family, should not be shared too!
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Plutarch: 11:17am On Oct 19, 2010
@id,
Quite reasonable of u. If i may ask: r u married?
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Idowuogbo(f): 11:29am On Oct 19, 2010
^no am not ooo
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Plutarch: 11:38am On Oct 19, 2010
@ujujoan
Your perspective is quite interesting. But do/dont u think a woman has any financial role especially when she is equally bouyant.
Dear, i need some education.
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Plutarch: 11:55am On Oct 19, 2010
@id,
U just made laugh wiv d 'ooo' u emphasized @ d back of 'am not married'. But sincerely' i need d perspectives of married women.
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Idowuogbo(f): 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
^hehe
fair play , i understand u have to no dier views as dey wear d shoes shey
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Plutarch: 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
Lol. U r somewhat funny. Yeah like 2 know their views
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Idowuogbo(f): 12:16pm On Oct 19, 2010
^no now am just bin me friend , besides i wud follow upur thread quite educating.U wudnt beliv i was actually arguing dis wiv my mothers friend d oda day .u wil be shocked wiv wot her husband faces, d woman to me is plain evil and selfish but i dint sey dat o b4 she stones me in my mothers presence
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2010
Any financial role the woman undertakes is in 'supporting' capacity. Not as a duty!

I quite agree that if she's richer than her husby, there's every tendency for her to become the cheif provider. But this is exceptional cases. Women, no matter how try to twist it, love knowing out men are capable of taking care of the family, without our help! cool
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Plutarch: 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2010
Hmmm. I v seen quite a number of women holding same view wiv dat woman. I think d children of a helping wife enjoy more n r likely 2 v more qualitative education. I love good/supportive mothers probably because am a product of one.
Re: Family Funding And Wives by Plutarch: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
@uju
Good one. In as much as i think a woman should lend a hand,i personally believe she should not b forced or take d husband's role. I believe that a man sharing responsibities or worst still shack responsibilities is trading his position
What do u think about joint account?
Re: Family Funding And Wives by beautyline(f): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2010
When a woman becomes the bread winner, the respect she has for her husband will be compromised - consciously or unconsciously.
In fact, the number one cause of unfaithfulness in married women is that she is the breadwinner.

Women who are able to can assist but the man should recognise that the woman is only helping him and should not take her help for granted.
It is traumatic for a woman to realise that she has married a man who cannot take care of her.
Re: Family Funding And Wives by gestapo(f): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2010
Ujujoan:

Any financial role the woman undertakes is in 'supporting' capacity. Not as a duty!

I quite agree that if she's richer than her husby, there's every tendency for her to become the cheif provider. But this is exceptional cases. Women, no matter how try to twist it, love knowing out men are capable of taking care of the family, without our help! cool

Very well composed, nothing to take away from it, nothing to add to it cool

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Trouble - Advice / Help Me Find Mrs Esther Okpu / Ebonyi Communal Clash Claims 55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.