Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet (26600 Views)

In A July Commentary Published By The Lancet, Galvani / List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) / Mycoplasma Genitalium: What To Know About The New Sexually Transmitted Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by ijustdey: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
A recent study has revealed that kissing could be a possible reason behind gonorrhoea – the most antibiotic-resistant of all the sexually transmitted infections (STIs).

This is the findings of a new study published in the journal ‘The Lancet’.

Gonorrhoea is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by bacteria called Neisseria gonorrhoeae or gonococcus. It used to be known as “the clap”. The bacteria are mainly found in discharge from the penis and in vaginal fluid.

Gonorrhoea is easily passed between people through: unprotected vaginal, oral or anal sex.

The new study indicated that a significant and previously unrecognised route of transmission of the bacterial infection was kissing.

In a report issued on June 6, 2019, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said more than one million people catch a sexually transmitted disease (STD), or STI, every day across the globe, with chlamydia, gonorrhoea, trichomoniasis and syphilis of greatest concern.

“On average, approximately one in 25 people globally have at least one of these STIs,” the world body said.

On the current study, Monash University’s Professor Kit Fairley, argued that the global sexual health community “needs to recognise that gonorrhoea is on the rise and that there should be an increased awareness of the risks of kissing as a route of transmission.”

Fairley is Director of the Melbourne Sexual Health Centre and Professor of Public Health at Monash University.

To this end, he said: “Understanding how it is transmitted is the key to understanding how to control it – if transmission by kissing is a key route of transmission, then, it is important to investigate new methods of control, such as antibacterial mouthwash.”

The study included more than 3,600 men who have sex with men over a 12-month period from March 2016.

By mapping those who only kissed partners, compared to having sex with partners, the researchers were able to determine that the transmission of the disease was high in people who kiss only, and was higher in those who have sex with kissing compared to those who have sex without kissing.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/07/kissing-may-cause-sexually-transmitted-diseases/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by thisnaijaguy: 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
Maybe they want to start selling CD for kissing

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Miracle112(m): 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
Really ?
This post has actually changed my life, so emotional, can't control my tears. Thanks for sharing .

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by BigJoe19: 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed These doctors and their wahala, if we fvck dey go complain, hug complain, now kiss complain just, kukuma kill us.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Cutezt(m): 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
No pleaseee
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by chrysanthus07: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hehehe..idaful ..xo no more kissing ,just insert SIM and proceed grin grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by mcmukoko12(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Chai
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by popsyleo1: 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
angry

1 Like

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Kyrx(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
What

It's no to casual kissing now grin

1 Like

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by rentAcock(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
There's nothing new here, kissing is the leading cause of mononucleosis. The only reason why mononucleosis isn't common in Nigeria is because the average Nigerian either doesn't know how to kiss properly or doesn't like kissing altogether. However, my doctor friend said he has seen an uptick of Mono lately because of the surge in Nollywood movies with kissing scenes.

12 Likes

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by obembet(f): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Haaaaaaaaa

Make una get us mouth condoms

7 Likes

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Magnifico2000: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Sometimes when I'm kissing, I remember.

They said we should wear condom before sex, we did.
They said we should not do MouthAction, we abstained.
They said we should not do anal sex, we abstained too.

Now the kissing that we are enjoying now, they said it causes STI.... What do they really want?
Abeggiiii... Na something go kill person.
Local man is fed up.

34 Likes

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by awa(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hmm
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Asito(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
I can never stop kissing Sheila's succulent lips.
Something must kill a man.

I perish I perish!!! Tueh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Loveworld12: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Information can change anything
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by SendAbroad: 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
Okay
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by golddeejay(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
I don believe it. So all these our actors get STD.

3 Likes

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Ajibade123(m): 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
Wow this is almost unbelievable
anyway see how you can start your own medical practice with this checklist https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-start-a-medical-practice-checklist/
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by domino4211(m): 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
What's the name of this nollywood movie?..
''Kiss Of Death'' ?
I thought Jim Iyke no longer acts movies?

3 Likes

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
We hear. Very soon drinking coke will give STD also

1 Like

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by salford1: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
This is common knowledge na
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by yawehoverall: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
Actors and actresses endangered species
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Chithauri(m): 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
Good one. Let people be enlightened
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by phransix2: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
Chai and I so love this act ehn... We go begin wear condom for mouth again?
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by BonPatrick(m): 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
I love unprotected sex

3 Likes

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
congratulations to me for being among the 24 in 25 that have no STD

1 Like

Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by DarlingEmojist(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
This one weak me oh undecidedThis one weak me oh
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by skukimania(f): 6:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
chrysanthus07:
Hehehe..idaful ..xo no more kissing ,just insert SIM and proceed grin grin grin

Calm down. There will soon be mouth CD
Re: Kissing May Cause Sexually Transmitted Diseases - The Lancet by yemmite07: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
another way of advertisement for new drug...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: How Is COVID-19 Affecting You, Your Family, Work & Business? / 18 Ways Your Phone Is Ruining Your Health / Doctors Trained For Free In Nigeria To Serve For 9 Years Before Leaving - Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.