Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,205 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo (32368 Views)

Busola And Timi Dakolo In London (Photo) / Bovi And Timi Dakolo Show Smoking Skills At MBGN Event / Femi Falana: I Am Not Busola And Timi Dakolo’s Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by otokx(m): 7:53am On Jul 21, 2019
xperiencelove:

You are the one that doesn't even pass through school gate.
In 2013, EFCC invited me through phone call from Abuja for questioning and they told me to show up in their Ibadan based because I was in Ibadan then. I went there the following day when I have nothing to hide. Meanwhile, if they had wanted me to come to Abuja, they have to foot my transport fare because I have to go by air.

Will the police foot the air fare of the Dakolos to Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Tellemall: 7:57am On Jul 21, 2019
DOMINO001:

I would not go SM and claim they are strange armed men. Why not state that police invaded your residence. What if they hurt you? And you later say it was police that hurt you. How will people see you. Why not report the case the way it is.

I think you can see that you would have been intimidated and fearful for your life - and with good reason - given the precedent of your police force.

From what I have seen of your Nigeria police, the SM will yield better results than calling criminals to oversee your life. Who else will listen to you? Your criminal Nigerian police looking to exploit you on behalf of the one with the money or reasonable people online that can still function with a conscience?

What you need is a purge of your police force. Until then, people will come online to complain.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Wasky101: 8:04am On Jul 21, 2019
mrvitalis:
But police has not invited the pastor, the accused

No wonder people don't speak up in Nigeria
And how did you know this? He might have been invited and not made it a public matter or do you have any other way of confirming?
What if the dakolo's received their letter in peace would you have known

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Forreellinc: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2019
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by gnykelly(m): 8:17am On Jul 21, 2019
Agwaso:
It doesn't make any sense for the police to send heavily armed, unidentified men(police without uniform) in a private bus just to deliver a simple letter. If the police were out of vehicle they should have delivered the letter through speed post. There is something fishy about this matter. I am very curious why the police would need a battalion of men to deliver a letter?

As it had been debunked... They were only 3 police men with a driver. Their guns are necessity to carry around in case of emergency.

The Dakolos are just being alarmist.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Toluene06(m): 8:17am On Jul 21, 2019
For what the Nigerian police just did now, I don't think the pastor is innocent.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by babadeee(m): 8:26am On Jul 21, 2019
Ayoswit:
Na only invite dem invite you na, why is he ranting? undecided I pray Justice should be done.
Daft people everywhere angry angry is that an invitation or arrest, you keep interfering on what you don’t know
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2019
abels:
he has not being invited and you know it

How did Nigerian police got involved?
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:29am On Jul 21, 2019
Jabioro:
Conservative fellow like me..how you dey now.You spoke my TV behavior.
i thank GOD for nairaland that help know reginal daniel thats why i did not bother to comment on their and when i saw anything with bbnaija, i would not even do mistake click that tread

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by NoToPile: 8:30am On Jul 21, 2019
utenwuson:
did u read the invitation letter at all? They are being invited for falsehood which is what was reported by the pastor, timi and wife should have gone to the police to officially report a rape case but no, they re coming on social media to gather sentiment, who told u the police were even armed? All we saw was a bus with a driver on mufti..... Me I no see gun.

The Dakolos had already filed a report here in Lagos since June. What we dont know now is if the pastor had also been invited.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by fowlyansh181(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2019
utenwuson:
did u read the invitation letter at all? They are being invited for falsehood which is what was reported by the pastor, timi and wife should have gone to the police to officially report a rape case but no, they re coming on social media to gather sentiment, who told u the police were even armed? All we saw was a bus with a driver on mufti..... Me I no see gun.
then you watched a different video..

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0JhjVvHgYS/?igshid=g8mwoy9bxtyf
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2019
Those armed police are Lagos RRS that Timi called after he saw the white van. These were not the police men who came to give him the invitation letter. You
fowlyansh181:

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by naptu2: 8:55am On Jul 21, 2019
fowlyansh181:

Those are Rapid Response Squad policemen of the Lagos State Police Command. They went there after Timi Dakolo reported that there were strange gunmen around his house.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by smeag0l(m): 8:58am On Jul 21, 2019
Incitation letters and even warrant of arrests are statutorily served by a maximum of tow policemen unless the person served or being arrested is a renowned criminal that is touted to be highly dangerous. Why go to timi''s house with a bus load of fully armed officers just to deliver a letter?what other thing can this be called if not intimidation? And some rape apologetic youths here on NL will be saying that timi is crying foul. No wonder Wole Soyinka said our youth's are illiterate. Always on social media dabbling into issues they know nothing about!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by cushious: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
How these people arrive at celeb still baffle me, i don't get to know most people until they trend on nairaland. Some people they even mention on fire and lighter with olamide, i do not know them. Only three things i do with tv , watch news, sport and documentary. I don't even watch movies.

That means you are not an all-rounder. grin
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by smeag0l(m): 9:03am On Jul 21, 2019
Stop displaying your sheer folly and ignorance on social media. Had the police delivered the invitation letter the way it is supposed to be delivered will there be any cause for alarm?why go to his house with a busload of armed men when he's not a wanted criminal?you are one of the youth Wole Soyinka is referring to-illiterate's that dabble into issues that they know nothing about. Why is there a letter from abuja inviting him when the alleged rapist has not concluded the same case which he was invited for in lag?
bishopkay:

This is just wow! Goes a long way to explain how you folks reason. That because he’s a “pastor” he should not rely on instruments of state to defend himself when he’s hurt even when he pays his taxes? Meaning Perhaps if you steal his property or hurt him, he should not take the matter to the police and the courts but should take it to “judge Jesus” right? Social media truly gives “everything a voice”... after all, a goat trended this past week on this forum.

Back to topic: Timi should kindly go to the police and spare us the rants please. You accused a man of something as vile as rape, dragged and gas lit him all over SM without evidence of the act except a convoluted story of the “victim’s” version of the crime on social media, without actually reporting to the police the crime committed.

The accused has decided to take his case to constituted authorities, now double standard activists and hate mongers like you come out to say why should he go to the police because he’s a pastor but you believed the person claiming the man raped her.

If the accusation is true, Timi should be happy justice ain’t far away. I thought he had a retinue of lawyers ready to fight the case on he and his wife’s behalf for free?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by smeag0l(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2019
I pry one day you'll be harassed by the police or SARS so that you'll understand what Timi is crying out about. I wonder pwhere in the world that a busload of fully armed men go to deliver an invitation letter or even a warrant of arrest. Statutorily it is only two police men that are supposed to do that.[quote author=anonymous1759 post=80474878][/quote]
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by bishopkay: 9:18am On Jul 21, 2019
smeag0l:
Stop displaying your sheer folly and ignorance on social media. Had the police delivered the invitation letter the way it is supposed to be delivered will there be any cause for alarm?why go to his house with a busload of armed men when he's not a wanted criminal?you are one of the youth Wole Soyinka is referring to-illiterate's that dabble into issues that they know nothing about. Why is there a letter from abuja inviting him when the alleged rapist has not concluded the same case which he was invited for in lag?

I have said my piece. If it hurts you, go kill yourself. Y'all sentimental kids can now take your phlegm filled running noses out my mentions! Lips sealed on this matter from now so you can join Timi to rant all you can
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Ishilove: 9:20am On Jul 21, 2019
fowlyansh181:
Just an invitation and they were armed fully ready for battle, and since when does it take more than two police men to deliver an invitation letter to someone who is actually a victim of the case being investigated as claimed by the police
I bow o. Which kind of 'polite' invitation will warrant a busload of heavily armed police men? I've worked in an organization where a disgruntled client went to make a frivolous case against us at the Force HQ in Lagos. The policeman who brought the IV letter was a scrawny, polite fellow who served it quietly and left without a backward glance.

What happened in this Dakolo case was a show of aggression, intimidation and high unprofessionalism.

Nigerians are watching to see how this drama pans out.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by qmd24(m): 9:29am On Jul 21, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
Me I no trust the Nigeria police o, they can be boughted by Biodun Fatoyinbo, but we are washing the drama

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by blowjohn(m): 9:29am On Jul 21, 2019
bishopkay:

This is just wow! Goes a long way to explain how you folks reason. That because he’s a “pastor” he should not rely on instruments of state to defend himself when he’s hurt even when he pays his taxes? Meaning Perhaps if you steal his property or hurt him, he should not take the matter to the police and the courts but should take it to “judge Jesus” right? Social media truly gives “everything a voice”... after all, a goat trended this past week on this forum.

Back to topic: Timi should kindly go to the police and spare us the rants please. You accused a man of something as vile as rape, dragged and gas lit him all over SM without evidence of the act except a convoluted story of the “victim’s” version of the crime on social media, without actually reporting to the police the crime committed.

The accused has decided to take his case to constituted authorities, now double standard activists and hate mongers like you come out to say why should he go to the police because he’s a pastor but you believed the person claiming the man raped her.

If the accusation is true, Timi should be happy justice ain’t far away. I thought he had a retinue of lawyers ready to fight the case on he and his wife’s behalf for free?

I get the feeling theve invited Timi severally but he refused.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2019
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Ladygenny: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2019
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 21, 2019
blowjohn:

I get the feeling theve invited Timi severally but he refused.

Rapist defenders, no de talk nonsense.

If police already invited him, he would go n answer dem, it's not a big deal.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 21, 2019
bishopkay:

I have said my piece. If it hurts you, go kill yourself. Y'all sentimental kids can now take your phlegm filled running noses out my mentions! Lips sealed on this matter from now so you can join Timi to rant all you can

Rapist F.C member spotted.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 21, 2019
Xda59:

But it is common seeing police officers go about their duties with their service armed. Timiis only crying wolf when there is none

There was no indication those men where police officers,even the bus they came with had no police insignia or logo.you would think the same way if it happened to you.plus knowing NPF I won’t be surprised they actually intimidated him and acted rough
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by yemex04(m): 9:54am On Jul 21, 2019
So it was Pastor Biodun that eventually had the the confidence to report the case of falsehood to the police..it's now left for the Dakolos to defend themselves on the alleged falsehood about Pastor Biodun.. The wise thing for the Dakolos was to report the case rape allegations to the police before going to the media..
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by blowjohn(m): 9:57am On Jul 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Rapist defenders, no de talk nonsense.

If police already invited him, he would go n answer dem, it's not a big deal.

Not defending.
Since everyone is solidly behind him, why can't he just go and present his case at the station?
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by anonymous1759(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2019
[quote author=smeag0l post=80479191]I pry one day you'll be harassed by the police or SARS so that you'll understand what Timi is crying out about. I wonder pwhere in the world that a busload of fully armed men go to deliver an invitation letter or even a warrant of arrest. Statutorily it is only two police men that are supposed to do that.[/quote

We're in Nigeria not America have you seen mob assaulting a uniform personnel before because of lack of manpower? We're too stubborn as citizens that you can't denial. If the police officers Assaulted her family that's a different case.
Police men are not Robots they fear their life too.
They're some creeks one or two police men can't go and arrest someone their head will follow.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by ALISMILE(m): 10:03am On Jul 21, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
How these people arrive at celeb still baffle me, i don't get to know most people until they trend on nairaland. Some people they even mention on fire and lighter with olamide, i do not know them. Only three things i do with tv , watch news, sport and documentary. I don't even watch movies.
I think you just like me

One day, a big female so called celeb came to my office and sat in front of me. Disappointed after not getting the expected reaction from me after like 10mins, removing her dark shade she was like, 'you mean you don't know me'. I apologized and told her about my distaste for TV.

Celeb mean shit to mean
For me the only celebs I want to meet are Dabgote, otedola, Adenuga just to learn something from them

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 21, 2019
blowjohn:

Not defending.
Since everyone is solidly behind him, why can't he just go and present his case at the station?

He was never invited to the station.
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Debaks1: 10:18am On Jul 21, 2019
AZeD1:
Why would you send armed folks to invite someone to the police station?
Lol.... What's so wrong with armed police officers, should they ve locked their arms and amunition in a bank safe deposit box before walking unclad to the dakolo's door... Offer a box of chocolate......nd say....oh!! You have been invited to our stations for questioning on the ongoing case you submitted...we will send you a limo at any convenient time...red carpet would be rolled out upon you arrival.....ve a wonderful day...

pls let Justice take it course.... They opened a can of worms...they shud be ready for the stench..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Don't Care If People Think Juliet Is Older Than Me!" - Iceberg Slim / Tems Rejects Dollar Given To Her By A Fan During Concert (Video) / Olaide Olaogun Shows Off Her Baby Bump In Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.