Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,475 members, 7,836,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. (4155 Views)

Photoshop: In 30 Sec Convert Photograph To Drawing / My realistic Drawing Of A Dog In A Wooden Cocacola Crate / Astonishing Drawing Of The N500 Note By A Nairalander's Younger Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2019
I have always admired art, in all its varied forms, though I never imagined myself creating one. I would surf the art section on Nairaland, admiring beautiful pencil drawings, but I never pushed myself to believe I could create some art too-- whether beautiful or ugly.

I downloaded various books on drawing via google. Books centering on how to draw comics, cartoon faces and figures, and manga were my major interest.

I read and read, but I never really pushedbmyself to sit down and practised. Even when I did practise, I always gave up easily at the first sign of difficulty or mental block. My drawings never turned out beautiful to me, so how will it turn out beautiful to others?

Everything channged last year July. I stumbled on a quote by Shakespeare that goes thus: " Assume a virtue if you have it not". From that moment, my buried hopes rose from their sepulchers. Doubt and Laziness no longer tortured me. I started believing I could draw portraits. I grabbed a pencil, and everything changed.

I am not perfect yet, but in this journey of art, I have reached a vantage point from which I can propel myself towards becoming better and better.

It's not going to be easy, but the dividends will be worth it.

Thanks
Xxxteddyxxx

Today makes it 1 year.

Here are some of my pencil drawings.
Tell me what to improve.

1 Like

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2019
I saw this pic on facebook,..snd gave it a try with my 20 naira HB pencil.

1 Like

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:44am On Jul 21, 2019
Hi

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:48am On Jul 21, 2019
hello

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2019
I wanted to draw Davido here. I made some mistakes along the way and ended up with this guy...lol. grin

1 Like

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:55am On Jul 21, 2019
hey

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:18am On Jul 21, 2019
Teary eyes.....

Random

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by Sleyanya1(m): 12:34pm On May 26, 2020
xxxtedyxxx:
hey

Nice one man.
From my observations your mind is still contradicting what your artist eye sees.

Search for the book : Drawing on the right side of your Brain (by Betty Edwards).

It'll help you alot.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2020
Sleyanya1:

Nice one man.
From my observations your mind is still contradicting what your artist eye sees.

Search for the book : Drawing on the right side of your Brain (by Betty Edwards).

It'll help you alot.
Good luck.

Thanks for your contribution. I will do as you have opined.

1 Like

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by ashleysummer: 9:10am On Jun 14, 2020
Oh, I like what you are doing! Really gorgeous. Being new to painting, I appreciate resources like drawingfan.com and other people's experiences. Hope one day I will be as skilled as you and will post my drawing here toosmiley
Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by Elimon(m): 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
Im used to doing Pen simple sketches but want to divert to pencil work...but im terrible at dimensions and fixing things at where they re at...how should i correct that guys

Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by Tenzilla: 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2021
Great advice, actually. Since I was a child, I admired art, and I always wanted to have this skill. I was enrolled in art school when I was 10, and later I quit. I had too many school cares, and I couldn't concentrate on art. Anyway, I didn't let it go entirely. I began using painting kits, such as Paint by number kits, and it keeps me focused on this skill. It's a great way to develop drawing ability and to spend your time. Painting is a great activity, and I feel so relaxed after some time spent with the brush in my hand.
Re: New To Drawing? No Problem. Do This, And Your Drawing Skills Will Improve. by Veriton(m): 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2021
Tenzilla:
Great advice, actually. Since I was a child, I admired art, and I always wanted to have this skill. I was enrolled in art school when I was 10, and later I quit. I had too many school cares, and I couldn't concentrate on art. Anyway, I didn't let it go entirely. I began using painting kits, such as Paint by number kits, and it keeps me focused on this skill. It's a great way to develop drawing ability and to spend your time. Painting is a great activity, and I feel so relaxed after some time spent with the brush in my hand.

I know about this kit. It's great indeed!

(1) (Reply)

My 3D Logo Design Portfolio / Brand Identity Logo Design / As a UX / UI Designer In Nigeria Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.