Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears (6296 Views)

#ecommerce,cryptos(buy & Sell),icos,mlm,bets,olx,sch Portal, Etc..developer / Comparing Usnapp With Jiji And OLX / Order Your Heavy Goods Via Olx.pl , Www.allegro.pl like TV,GAS COOKER ETC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
Now that olx is gone I can quietly forget about the days when I would confidently tell myself I could sell my item within one week.

I change ipads like chameleon; in fact I've used about a dozen in about 7 years. Most were through olx, acquisition and disposal and the process was relatively painless.

Enter Jiji! I don't remember ever posting an ipad for sale on olx and getting no view in 24hrs. Jiji just buries ads and it's gotten much worse. If you're not paying them then you better hope ure selling something that's in season otherwise no one would find it.

I posted an ipad air 2 then I did a general search for ipads. What I saw were about 20 or 30 unrelated ipads before seeing mine. Top ads and vip ads for ipad pro when someone just searched for an ipad air.. And that's how ads get buried.

I'm not paying their stupid fees! Oh god i miss olx!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by Obinnau(m): 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2019
I thought I was the only one. I wonder what olx was thinking to merge with jiji. It should have been jiji merging with olx

9 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by 1x2x3: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2019
abdsamad:
Now that olx is gone I can quietly forget about the days when I would confidently tell myself I could sell my item within one week.

I change ipads like chameleon; in fact I've used about a dozen in about 7 years. Most were through olx, acquisition and disposal and the process was relatively painless.

Enter Jiji! I don't remember ever posting an ipad for sale on olx and getting no view in 24hrs. Jiji just buries ads and it's gotten much worse. If you're not paying them then you better hope ure selling something that's in season otherwise no one would find it.

I posted an ipad air 2 then I did a general search for ipads. What I saw were about 20 or 30 unrelated ipads before seeing mine. Top ads and vip ads for ipad pro when someone just searched for an ipad air.. And that's how ads get buried.

I'm not paying their stupid fees! Oh god i miss olx!

You ain't paying fee but you expect them to provide you awesome services /platform where you can sell and make profit for free. Mr man selling online on a platform like that is equivalent to renting a shop.

6 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by nwaanambra1(m): 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2019
men i miss olx soo much!

i have bought so many things from olx including two cars.

now they are i realized how important they are to me!

the design of the portal is so superb and simple to use quite unlike that annoying jiji!

that jiji design is not just appealing to me and their search is too dry!

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THAT DRY JIJI ENDED UP BUYING OLX INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY ROUND!

OLX SHOULD PLS COME BACK AND CHARGE US FOR THEIR SERVICES - I KNOW A LOT OF USERS WILL BE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT!

REALLY MISSING THE PORTAL LIKE I MISSED THAT SEUN OWN TOO!

6 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by laivwire(m): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2019
Personally, I prefer Jiji. Ever since olx changed their interface to that purple and white outline, navigating the site just turned awry. I guess I'm not the only one judging from the fact that Jiji bought olx over.

Although you have a storng point in the search parameters as well as the ads. Way too many, crowded and confusing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by O8074130304: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2019
laivwire:
Personally, I prefer Jiji. Ever since olx changed their interface to that purple and white outline, navigating the site just turned awry. I guess I'm not the only one judging from the fact that Jiji bought olx over.

Although you have a storng point in the search parameters as well as the ads. Way too many, crowded and confusing.

It's because you didn't see the Blue update

The purple was trash yes, the blue update is far better

Besides, Olx has a user friendly UI and their keyword search system is 100% on point

Jiji is trash, they now ban you immediately you put up an advert

6 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2019
I swear.. Jiji na scam

2 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2019
1x2x3:

You ain't paying fee but you expect them to provide you awesome services /platform where you can sell and make profit for free. Mr man selling online on a platform like that is equivalent to renting a shop.

Oh pls!
Selling a used iPhone you own isn't the same as being a marketer who owns a shop.
I'm not saying ads shouldn't be paid for but maintain a balance.
If you can't understand that then there is no point trying to explain further.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2019
nwaanambra1:
men i miss olx soo much!

the design of the portal is so superb and simple to use quite unlike that annoying jiji!

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THAT DRY JIJI ENDED UP BUYING OLX INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY ROUND!

OLX SHOULD PLS COME BACK AND CHARGE US FOR THEIR SERVICES - I KNOW A LOT OF USERS WILL BE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT!

I actually get why jiji bought olx. Jiji has been much more successful especially with the paid stuff. Money always talks!

Still a shame though

2 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by loadedvibes: 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2019
Jiji is trash.. no doubt.. not very user friendly.. I guess it's time for another smart thinking company to take over the classified ads market from where olx left it..

4 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by lazinny(m): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
If you ask me, it wasn't a merger per say. OLX just closed shop and sold their user base to Jiji. As at last year or so they moved their physical presence away from Nigeria, since then they have been running and maintaining the site by proxy from outside Nigeria.

https://techpoint.africa/2018/02/06/naspers-shuts-down-olx-ghana-nigeria-kenya/

5 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by lazinny(m): 11:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
I never liked Jiji , I'd post an ad on the 2 sites same day. Both paid ads. The hits I get from OLX never matched that of Jiji even when using free ad on OLX and paid on Jiji.

Most annoying is them calling me all the time to coerce me to pay for ads

11 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by Lokoyen(m): 11:43pm On Jul 21, 2019
laivwire:

I prefer Jiji anytime any day.
Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by edlion57(m): 6:34am On Jul 22, 2019
My problem with jiji.com is the way they ban people even when u want upload an advert

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by GraGra247(m): 7:24am On Jul 22, 2019
SO TRUE TO THE LETTER. JIJI IS ALSO TOO GREEDY AND WICKED. THEY CHARGE YOU N15,000 FOR JUST A ONE MONTH ADVERT.

THE PROCESS TO POST A SINGLE AD IS A FULL ON BATTLE. THEY MANDATORILY DEMAND INFOS THAT AREN'T NECESSARY.

YOU PUT PHOTOS AND THEY REJECT THE AD AND TELL YOU SOMEONE ELSE HAS USED THE PHOTOS OR THERE'S SIMILAR PHOTOS ONLINE. WHAT A HELL.

YOU CAN SPEND ENTIRE 4 HOURS AND YOU HAVEN'T SUCCEEDED IN POSTING A SINGLE AD DUE TO REJECTION.
Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 8:35am On Jul 22, 2019
laivwire:

Well, yes, olx wasn't much to write home about in it's dying days. Traffic was slow and the app was buggy

1 Like

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 8:37am On Jul 22, 2019
post=80501426:
Jiji is trash.. no doubt.. not very user friendly.. I guess it's time for another smart thinking company to take over the classified ads market from where olx left it..

I dunno how efritin.com is doing but not well i think.
swapix is new but it's off to a graveyard start

2 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 8:38am On Jul 22, 2019
lazinny:
I never liked Jiji , I'd post an ad on the 2 sites same day. Both paid ads. The hits I get from OLX never matched that of Jiji even when using free ad on OLX and paid on Jiji.

Most annoying is them calling me all the time to coerce me to pay for ads

Hehehehehe. I never experienced that but then again i never had anything i needed to use paid service for
Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 8:39am On Jul 22, 2019
edlion57:
My problem with jiji.com is the way they ban people even when u want upload an advert

Oh i still have an account they haven't unbanned and the reason for banning was bogus. Is it not my choice to sell an item 10k lower than others if i want to sell it quickly

Jiji come here o! Come and answer kweshun angry
Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by GChux1: 9:10am On Jul 22, 2019
Yes ooo. I so miss Olx. If I needed stuff to buy, I'd always go to Olx cause you get what you looking for. But on jiji, you'd get top ads and what not that usually don't match. In fact, the many ads they impose on you made me shy away from jiji. We need a good alternative to come take over from Olx

4 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by Dipz: 9:40am On Jul 22, 2019
That's because you don't filter the search

laivwire:

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by Dipz: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2019
Bro you have to filter the search on jiji if you want to really see what you are looking for
GChux1:
Yes ooo. I so miss Olx. If I needed stuff to buy, I'd always go to Olx cause you get what you looking for. But on jiji, you'd get top ads and what not that usually don't match. In fact, the many ads they impose on you made me shy away from jiji. We need a good alternative to come take over from Olx

1 Like

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by Abudu2000(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2019
nwaanambra1:
men i miss olx soo much!

Olx was good and I really missed them but jiji is trying a bit just their outrageous prices for ads is kind of inversely proportional to hits from traffic.

5 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by GChux1: 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
Dipz:
Bro you have to filter the search on jiji if you want to really see what you are looking for
It simply doesn't work man. It's a jungle of ad mess. Simple as that!

2 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by Nicerazor(m): 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
I posted a deal on jiji and for like 3 days I got only 2 views Naso I vex delete am.. jiji dan craze I’m done with them.

1 Like

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by O8074130304: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
Abeg Let's launch Twitter campaign

Hashtag #BringBackOlx
Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
Nicerazor:
I posted a deal on jiji and for like 3 days I got only 2 views Naso I vex delete am.. jiji dan craze I’m done with them.
Isnor only you. I'm looking at my ads and I'm like "wetin happen na! Na so Nigeria come be wey no single human being view ad for cheap ipad?"

1 Like

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
O8074130304:

Hashtag #BringBackOlx
First, i have to find my twitter account.
I will meet u there, don't worry grin
Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by laivwire(m): 5:54pm On Jul 22, 2019
Dipz:
That's because you don't filter the search

Can you filter out ads?
Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by O8074130304: 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
My frustration
Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by phazotron(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
O8074130304:

Hashtag #BringBackOlx

Na to find foreign investors or venture capitalists to back someone with the idea up cause Jiji is not just making sense now

2 Likes

Re: We Miss You OLX. Jiji Is Tears by abdsamad(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2019
phazotron:

Na to find foreign investors or venture capitalists to back someone with the idea up cause Jiji is not just making sense now

Hmmm... Well, there is a need for a replacement indeed. Jiji is just no olx.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

USA Used HP Probook X360 11 G2 / Any One Needs Oracle Dumps? / Used N95 8gb For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.