Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (89473 Views)

4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 4 Reasons The Rich Are Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / How Banks Exploit Cbn's Weakness To Impose Excessive Charges On ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Daboomb: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2019
djon78:

That's the conclusion of the whole matter. Marrying a hood wife. I believe that's the best and greatest decision any man can make on this earth.

A good wife is not just valuable when you are alive but even more valuable when you are gone. Marrying a bad terrible wife is the worst thing that can happen to man.

The probability of marrying a good wife, in this present generation, is like 5%.
So why not just "hope" for the best 5%.... and "prepare" for the "worst 95% ?

Its logical and that is what the men are doing, dont you think?
undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 22, 2019
Pavore9:
This issue came up in the course of my conversation with someone 2 weeks ago, he said he has a banker friend who happens to be account officer of a man who passed on February 2018 and in his account a 7 figure balance and no one has come forward since then which means none of his relatives knew about it.

We argued if his banker friend can go tip his family as his kids would surely need the money for their upkeep but no matter how noble, it will be unethical for the banker to let his family know since the deceased didn't want them to know about it.

Now the question is: Where do the money go?

These banks are committing stealth fraud.

The Government should start beeming their searchlight on this issue real fast.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by pweeryambre: 7:29am On Jul 22, 2019
nototribalist:
My popsi left only N126k and his N120k monthly pension is still going in for the past 5 years now. Union bank don frustrates us to the point we don't bother about the account anymore.

In addition, we got the whole court documentation until we were told by the bank that the pension money paid into the account from when he died will be refunded back to the pension people. At that point we lost appetite for the millions in the account by now.
Jesu! I cannot imagine this kind of frustration
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Daboomb: 7:29am On Jul 22, 2019
ibnew:
For all of you doubting or saying it’s not true better do something. I have been personally involved in 3 cases involving lawyers and spouses. Even you bankers saying it not true. It is very very very true. See it is when the person dies you will know law o! One obvious mistake in any of the document is wahala. I will not go over those cases that I can support with lawyers chambers and names but I give just one that got me baffled. The man is a multi billionaire and went overseas for treatment and it got worse. We went into comma. Off course the account officer and bank know they facilitated the transfer of the initial medical trips bill. They needed more money and the man in coma can no longer do transfer nor sign a check. They wife came back as next of kin to see what see can do. Na lie o. The man must sign o! They came with medical reports video of the man on bed, video calls to the hospital na lie o. They say as long as she did not say the man is dead and start the legal procedure. The man was in coma for weeks and died. As at that time the lawyer was handling another one which the man died. It took about more that a year for the bank to finally come out with who the NOK is because according to them they cannot trust anyone. Were they doing there own investigation NO! If you are blessed with the type of banker in this case that are ready help you thank God. They don’t come easy. Even after the NOK was known the bank keep this game of this document that document. After that even though my wife is my next of kin, I made her signatories to all my accounts. At least it will help her and children before as they begin to find their feet. God forbid anyways. My ATMs are with me it’s not like she hold the bank materials. Theses are women I have met. It is very true and correct. For banker who knows the way please advise and we pray we met those with a good heart that will make the process simple. Amen.

If this is exactly as you wrote it, the bank can be charged to court for Negligence and even contributing to his death, if they can establish that his death was DIRECTLY CAUSED by the Bank refusing to make funds available, his own money, for his treatment.

We Nigerians take things for granted and refuse to TEST the limits of the law on all issues.

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 22, 2019
Tallhero:
what of men that couldn't find love till they got rich,you don't expect them to trust their wives.
ppl like that tend to have who they can trust and who will administer the wealth when they pass on. You surely no go expect a man like Ned Nwoko who its obvious his wives married for his money not to make provision for his children in case something happens. To just go hide ur wealth and not let a close aquaintance or family member know about it na error o. If the person die im go carry d money along with am?

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by olayinka63: 7:33am On Jul 22, 2019
Some are mentioning NOK, what I know is that many people used NOK without informing the NOK himself. Many people don't know their names has been recorded as someone's NOK.

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by kense88: 7:34am On Jul 22, 2019
Katier00:
Some men believe that if they let their wives know about their business or money, they will kill them in other to inherit their wealth. Men are very insecured.
The wife might want to spend more, if she is aware of the man's worth

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
people can be secretive..
na lack of trust dey make ppl dey secretivecheesy.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2019
Are the children disloyal too? Keep giving flimsy excuses for stupid behaviours.
Obaakran:
don't blame them bro. some woman ain't loyal

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by henryobinna(m): 7:39am On Jul 22, 2019
obembet:
I was privilege to chat with a female bank manager, she made a scary revelation to me. She told me how Nigerian bank vaults are filled with monies of dead men who kept their bank accounts secret from their wives.

She explained it was against bank ethics or policies for an account officer to inform the relatives of a deceased customer of his account (without his permission). And since the man is dead, without giving his permission, the bank dubiously keeps silent about the money. She told me it is rampant among many businessmen.

She revealed many instances of dead men whose families are still suffering, while they have millions stashed in their secret accounts.

She mentioned one that happened few months back. The man died and the wife was crying all over the place, looking for money to bury him. Whereas the man had nothing less than 60 million naira in his accounts. The banker said it got to a stage that she could no longer bear it, her conscience was pummelling her. She had to go against her bank rules, and got in contact with the widow and revealed to the woman how much her husband had in his accounts and how to claim them.

She also told of another story of one man who escaped death, but his right hand got paralysed. He couldn't sign his chequebook with his left hand and he was in a desperate situation that needed him to sign papers and cheques. That was how he learnt his lesson the hard way. As soon as he got better, he immediately made his wife co-signatory to all his accounts and involved her in all his businesses. What if he had died? That was how his family would have suffered in the midst of plenty.

This stupid behaviour is not reserved for wealthy men alone, even paupers who earn little have their own complex issues.

I just read on the wall of one of our groups where a man complained of how his friend refused to release his ATM pin number to his wife even though there was an emergency at home, and his ATM was at home.

Many orphans and widows suffering today are put in that condition by their stupid dead father.

Women and Retirees are not left out. Someone told me how a relative of hers died and none of her relatives knew that her properties were scattered all over the world. Not even one house. Not even a dime in any of her accounts... If you knew billions unclaimed in banks belong to selfish dead people, you would weep.

Banks and Bankers grow fat on these oafs.

Please do the needful now that you still have the breath to do so. Of course tomorrow is pregnant and only God knows what it will deliver.

A word is enough for the wise

Source: obembet
you are just throwing insults here and there targeting at these husbands... being the person that you are you made no effort to understand why....

continue in your rants, calling the men stupid, selfish and what not... good luck

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 22, 2019
obembet:
I was privilege to chat with a female bank manager, she made a scary revelation to me. She told me how Nigerian bank vaults are filled with monies of dead men who kept their bank accounts secret from their wives.

She explained it was against bank ethics or policies for an account officer to inform the relatives of a deceased customer of his account (without his permission). And since the man is dead, without giving his permission, the bank dubiously keeps silent about the money. She told me it is rampant among many businessmen.

She revealed many instances of dead men whose families are still suffering, while they have millions stashed in their secret accounts.

She mentioned one that happened few months back. The man died and the wife was crying all over the place, looking for money to bury him. Whereas the man had nothing less than 60 million naira in his accounts. The banker said it got to a stage that she could no longer bear it, her conscience was pummelling her. She had to go against her bank rules, and got in contact with the widow and revealed to the woman how much her husband had in his accounts and how to claim them.

She also told of another story of one man who escaped death, but his right hand got paralysed. He couldn't sign his chequebook with his left hand and he was in a desperate situation that needed him to sign papers and cheques. That was how he learnt his lesson the hard way. As soon as he got better, he immediately made his wife co-signatory to all his accounts and involved her in all his businesses. What if he had died? That was how his family would have suffered in the midst of plenty.

This stupid behaviour is not reserved for wealthy men alone, even paupers who earn little have their own complex issues.

I just read on the wall of one of our groups where a man complained of how his friend refused to release his ATM pin number to his wife even though there was an emergency at home, and his ATM was at home.

Many orphans and widows suffering today are put in that condition by their stupid dead father.

Women and Retirees are not left out. Someone told me how a relative of hers died and none of her relatives knew that her properties were scattered all over the world. Not even one house. Not even a dime in any of her accounts... If you knew billions unclaimed in banks belong to selfish dead people, you would weep.

Banks and Bankers grow fat on these oafs.

Please do the needful now that you still have the breath to do so. Of course tomorrow is pregnant and only God knows what it will deliver.

A word is enough for the wise

Source: obembet
Some men are afraid of telling their partner probably of one geniue reasons or the other, but if my wife is trustworthy then I will share mine with her.
A friend of mine whom I met as a result of bn arsenal fan narrated ds kind issue to me, his wife withdrew money from his acct when he left for India to import goods(drugs) only to be greeted with series of debit alert msg and when he confront her she started barking at him, claiming that she solved emergency issues with it. Men try and know who you settle down with so as not to die young, but if you are blessed with wife material, make her your acct manager.

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by kponkedenge(m): 7:40am On Jul 22, 2019
Quite a thread

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 22, 2019
kense88:
The wife might want to spend more, if she is aware of the man's worth
that is if the wife is a slayqueen or slaymama or dose pepper them gang crew. If she's intelligent lady she will even be the one cautioning the man not to overspend and save for d raining day. Hope u know in some families the husbands entrust the finances to their wives when such wives are prudent in spending.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 7:41am On Jul 22, 2019
Many men are the breadwinners of their families. Most Nigerian men restrict their wives from achieving their full potentials when it comes to business and work so that's another reason why men are almost always the bread winners in Nigeria.
Felixalex:
What of dead wives? Abi na only man de die? Abi na only man de work, hustle get money to put for bank?

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Duggedised12(f): 7:43am On Jul 22, 2019
Since there is lack of trust in many marriages from what i have read, what about the welfare of the children?

So my main questions is how reliable are "trust funds" for children?
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Omudia11: 7:44am On Jul 22, 2019
Do you not understand what the op said? The bank will not inform the next of kin in the case of your demise.
PrecisionFx:

I don't think people are allowed to open a bank account in Nigeria without a next of kin.

Educate me further

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by vicben27(m): 7:47am On Jul 22, 2019
nototribalist:
My popsi left only N126k and his N120k monthly pension is still going in for the past 5 years now. Union bank don frustrates us to the point we don't bother about the account anymore.

In addition, we got the whole court documentation until we were told by the bank that the pension money paid into the account from when he died will be refunded back to the pension people. At that point we lost appetite for the millions in the account by now.
You all made a very big mistake. you don't normally reveal the actual date he died, if not Na bank go chop the remaining money
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Born2Breed(f): 7:47am On Jul 22, 2019
Only foolish men think that way, women are not left too.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Divay22(f): 7:47am On Jul 22, 2019
Sofistcatdmoron:
I can't make my wife a Co owner of my account, women are thieves, I can let my trusted brother but not my wife jor oh
So why marry her?
When you're sure you won't let her know something sensitive as this.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 22, 2019
iswallker:
Stupidity again .

If someone dies hire a lawyer to write to banks and coys that he may have an account in..

They will oblige.
Are u very sure?
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by charlsecy(m): 7:49am On Jul 22, 2019
obembet:
[quote author=Katier00 post=80501078]Some men believe that if they let their wives know about their business or money, they will kill them in other to inherit their wealth.
What if it's true in some instances?

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 22, 2019
Omudia11:
Do you not understand what the op said? The bank will not inform the next of kin in the case of your demise.

The Bank will contact the next of kin in an event of death, that's why individuals who want to open an account are told to fill in the name, address and phone number of their next of kin
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by franchasng: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Its like u are close to a law maker...please help us tell them...to pass laws that will help us... favour youths.... can’t they stop law makers from turning the seat to their family entitlement... let other young people get there...

the leaders of tomorrow phrase is no longer valid... cos the leaders of yesterday keeping passing laws to make them remain leaders of yesterday, today and forever..
Imagine civil servants being mandated to serve for 35 years before being eligible for pension but our people will do just 4 years and get pension for life.... help us ooooo ... better laws, better nation

On another note, can u help my brother with ur senator people pull government educational funds for his postgraduate study abroad...we know these funding are available but if u don’t know anybody, nothing for you
Yes I know a senator, who happens to be a Senator representing my state, so I can only tell him about this topic and see what he can do about presenting it at their senate plenary session, though I know some lawmakers from other states may vote against it for their religious beliefs and other sinister motives, but I will try my best.

On the issue of your brother, I don't think he can help in that regard. Which state do you come from The best person to approach is the reps or senator representing your state....go through is PA because you can't get to him easily I know....so go through his or her PA.

Then also don't rule out your state governor....they do help in such situations.

Didn't your brother sat for the NPTDF scholarship exam for this purpose NDDC also have one for it.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by franchasng: 7:54am On Jul 22, 2019
lefulefu:
that is if the wife is a slayqueen or slaymama or dose pepper them gang crew. If she's intelligent lady she will even be the one cautioning the man not to overspend and save for d raining day. Hope u know in some families the husbands entrust the finances to their wives when such wives are prudent in spending.
with the lifestyle and insatiable desire of our today ladies, I am sorry to say more Nigerian husbands will never disclose all their bank and investment account details to their new generation of Nigerian wives we have today, oh yeah lipsrsealed

My only concern is for the kids' welfare and future.....all we need is a banking reform and policies that will force banks and investment organizations to release such funds to the dead person's family, mostly children.....not necessarily to their wives or husbands, but to their children who need it most.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by winnerz: 7:56am On Jul 22, 2019
nototribalist:

You don't mean it.
I think instead of letting it go, you should fight it to the end. They ain't returning any shit to any pension people.
If you fight it, you may win it.
If at the end they return it to the pension people which is very much unlikely, you will kjow you have done your part.

Get a good lawyer, if you can't pay promise a percentage of the money if case is won and sign necessary docs with the lawyer.

You never can tell.
Banks are thieves.

3 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 22, 2019
franchasng:
Yes I know a senator, who happens to be a Senator representing my state, so I can only tell him about this topic and see what he can do about presenting it at their senate plenary session, though I know some lawmakers from other states may vote against it for their religious beliefs and other sinister motives, but I will try my best.

On the issue of your brother, I don't think he can help in that regard. Which state do you come from The best person to approach is the reps or senator representing your state....go through is PA because you can't get to him easily I know....so go through his or her PA.

Then also don't rule out your state governor....they do help in such situations.

Didn't your brother sat for the NPTDF scholarship exam for this purpose NDDC also have one for it.

He just got admission recently so he couldn’t have been able to meet up the the NPTDF more over isn’t that for people from oil producing states..we are officially lagosians
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 22, 2019
kentoski:

Due to certain laws coupled with dubiousness of banks, next of kins find it extremely difficult to access monies in a deceased's account, from going to court to get affidavit, getting death certificate, getting an arm and leg...and at the end of all this you'll still have to forfeit more than half the money to the government. The best policy is to have a trusted person (preferably the wife/husband), who can access the person's money without hassles in event of the person's demise.

There are no certain laws, stop creating falsehood in ur head. It is the law worldwide to get an affidavit n death certificate before u access the funds of a dead person, it is a due process that must be followed and it is gross falsehood that u forfeit any money to the government. Stop spreading false information.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by mira4u: 7:57am On Jul 22, 2019
nototribalist:

It's a big lie, Union bank want to grab the money. You'll be surprised, the money is still dropping till date, all for their use.

There's a pension law that at the demise of a pensioner, all he has will be paid to his spouse or family and will still be paid for 2 years or there about after the demise.

Go to the pension board of the state he worked or federal pension board(if he was a federal worker) with all his details and follow the case up. Contact the pensi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Longcucumber(m): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2019
ThothHermes:
What guarantees do you have that the man will die first?
Do women also disclose their details to their spouses? It's only few couples that can love and trust theirselves with secret details of their finances.

Na you dey that picture?
You fine sha cheesy

Let's be that couple.
uncle ade is that why u are here.

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by TGM2015: 7:59am On Jul 22, 2019
What about "How Banks and Bankers are Getting Richer through Foolish Dead Wives."
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Psoul(m): 8:01am On Jul 22, 2019
If you are in a marriage where u keep too much secrets, things will always go wrong. Even when u die, ur face will look anguish.

I know all...infact, my wife told me about all her accounts. I know the ATM PINs. I know where her ATM cards are at any time. Sometimes she gave it to me to hold for her.

She as well know mine and their PINs. She knows where to locate them at any time. She knows my Mobile Bank details.
If eventually anything happens to me now, she won't have any difficulty getting my money out from bank.

Be nice to ur spouse. Live like one soul. Build trust and love and you will ever ready to do anything for ur spouse.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Crypto Currency Has Finished Me! / Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.