Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item (11900 Views)

See The Scam SMS I Received Today / Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways / Cancellation Of Jumia Order Made On Payment On Delivery And Pick Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2019
Good evening NLanders, well, without typing too much, I must say that I'm really disappointed with Jumia and the item I got from them. (SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED)

Few weeks ago, I placed an order for a device. After consistent disturbance, I finally got the item. Unboxing the item, and going through the menus on the phone, I realised a COPY VERSION of android was what I got. The item I placed order on didn't correspond with what I received today.

Need I add that, im not too much a phone geek, but I can spot original from FAKE.

I requested for a product with 4gb ram ROM, but 8gb ram 128gb rom was delivered to me (SCREENSHOT ATTACHED)

Below were my deductions to called the item I reviewed as COPY:
1. The phone can use 10 minutes to charge from 10% to 11%.
2. The U.I was just too native and dull to be running on Android 9.1. Infact, U.I of Android 2.3.3 was far better.
3. While switching on the phone, there was no welcome message displaying MANUFACTURER'S name.
4. While trying to switch off device, the power off menu is just like that of android 5
5. 9mobile 4G isn't currently available in my state, but to my surprise �, the device is always showing 4G on the notification bar.
6. Going to SETTINGS>>ABOUT PHONE and tapping on android version consistently, on original phones, it pops up ANDROID VERSION LOGO, but mine isn't even clickable.
7. Many more features which I can't remember.

Below are screenshots

Please, you all should be very careful with items purchased on JUMIA

1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by yungmayor02(m): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
cry

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2019
@ CAPLOCKED
@ MYND44
@ lalasticlala
@ Sharon1
@ hopefulLandlord
Etc make una help. Me.

Front page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Akachukwu42(m): 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
Oga u bought a generic android device, what were u expecting. Samsung UI. PLEASE you should endeavor to search online for online video that depicts the unboxing of the said android device .please always buy devices from known or well established company to avoid story that touches.

44 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
Akachukwu42:
Oga u bought a generic android device, what were u expecting. Samsung UI. PLEASE you should endeavor to search online for online video that depicts the unboxing of the said android device .please always buy devices from known or well established company to avoid story that touches.
Your first line is funny tho. Tho I feel so bad about Jumia.

Anyways, Jumia isn't genuine anymore? I should have known since.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by CAPSLOCKED: 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BUY A "GENERIC" DEVICE ONLINE.
YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR NOKIA, TECNO, ITEL, OR ANY OTHER NAME. ANYTHING GENERIC HAS NO NAME, AND IS USUALLY WACK.
EVEN IF YOU HAD RECEIVED THE EXACT GENERIC PHONE YOU ORDERED, IT WILL STILL BE TRASH.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONTACT JUMIA AND ATTEMPT TO RETURN IT AND SEE HOW IT WILL GO.

THIS IS A LESSON FOR YOU AND ALL OTHERS. AVOID ANYTHING GENERIC WHEN SHOPPING.

THANKS FOR SHARING THOUGH.

THEY CAN'T EVEN SPELL "MODEL"

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by OneKinGuy(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
Am not understanding. This is how stock android looks like. There is no problem there. As for the storage, Verifiy if the 8gb ram and 128gb is real. If it is, no reason to complain.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
That's what you get from buying online from unknown sources.....

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BUY A "GENERIC" DEVICE ONLINE.
YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR NOKIA, TECNO, ITEL, OR ANY OTHER NAME. ANYTHING GENERIC HAS NO NAME, AND IS USUALLY WACK.
EVEN IF YOU HAD RECEIVED THE EXACT GENERIC PHONE YOU ORDERED, IT WILL STILL BE TRASH.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD CONTACT JUMIA AND ATTEMPT TO RETURN IT AND SEE HOW IT WILL GO.

THIS IS A LESSON FOR YOU AND ALL OTHERS. AVOID ANYTHING GENERIC WHEN SHOPPING.

THANKS FOR SHARING THOUGH.
Thanks for this Caps
Well, didn't know it was generic. And even, what I requested wasn't what I got. BTW, it's a friend of mine who made the order and the phone is his. Already called Jumia but they ain't saying anything about it
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
OneKinGuy:
Am not understanding. This is how stock android looks like. There is no problem there. As for the storage, Verifiy if the 8gb ram and 128gb is real. If it is, no reason to complain.
If they were real, I wouldn't have been complaining. BTW, I ordered for 4gb, and got wack 8gb. The whole UI is messed up. The phone is as slow as snail

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Ernerstdavid55(m): 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
Return it na. see u
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 7:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
That's what you get from buying online from unknown sources.....
cry cry
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Ernerstdavid55(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
1stSonOfLucifer:
Good evening NLanders, well, without typing too much, I must say that I'm really disappointed with Jumia and the item I got from them. (SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED)

Few weeks ago, I placed an order for a device. After consistent disturbance, I finally got the item. Unboxing the item, and going through the menus on the phone, I realised a COPY VERSION of android was what I got. The item I placed order on didn't correspond with what I received today.return shapely

Need I add that, im not too much a phone geek, but I can spot original from FAKE.

I requested for a product with 4gb ram ROM, but 8gb ram 128gb rom was delivered to me (SCREENSHOT ATTACHED)

2. The U.I was just too native and dull to be running on Android 9.1. Infact, U.I of Android 2.3.3 was far better.
3. While switching on the phone, there was no welcome message displaying MANUFACTURER'S name.
4. While trying to switch off device, the power off menu is just like that of android 5
5. 9mobile 4G isn't currently available in my state, but to my surprise �, the device is always showing 4G on the notification bar.
6. Going to SETTINGS>>ABOUT PHONE and tapping on android version consistently, on original phones, it pops up ANDROID VERSION LOGO, but mine isn't even clickable.

Below are screenshots

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by leonard002(m): 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
If something seems too good to be true. It probably isn't true. True life lesson

14 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by OneKinGuy(m): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
1stSonOfLucifer:

If they were real, I wouldn't have been complaining. BTW, I ordered for 4gb, and got wack 8gb. The whole UI is messed up. The phone is as slow as snail
First of all, Remove jumia from this case. I know jumia do fvck up sometimes, but in this one, You orded for it and that what they delivered. I doubt you can refund it self. So you will have to stick with it. Next time, check brands before buying!

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by foolbuster: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
But you got what you paid for. Why tarnishing their image?

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Lexusgs430: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
That 35K would buy you a lovely device....... None other than, the Almighty Umidigi A5 Pro.......

The true essence of beauty..... cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
Na you scam yourself! Which phone model did you actually pay for? Huawei p37?

13 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
1stSonOfLucifer

return the phone before 7days...if it exceeds 7days after delivery, u wont be able to return it anymore

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Sammiel: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
Jumia just delivered my device to me today and I am more than impressed. You have yourself to blame for buying an unknown device.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Mikee7(m): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
Jumia would refund, the seller is clearly fraudulent, put a picture of Huawei P30
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:08pm On Jul 22, 2019
They have a returns policy.

So just send it back if you aren't pleased.

Not fair trying to tarnish their image for receiving what you ordered.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by yungrylex00(m): 9:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
Don't complain about jumia
You bought a generic product
What were you expecting?
A premium product?
Thts what longer throats cause
Juicy specs for less money and you jumped on it without making proper enquiries
angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
are you minding him?.. smh
Akachukwu42:

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Flytime: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
1stSonOfLucifer:

Few weeks ago, I placed an order for a device. After consistent disturbance, I finally got the item. Unboxing the item, and going through the menus on the phone, I realised a COPY VERSION of android was what I got. The item I placed order on didn't correspond with what I received today.

Below are screenshots

I am a little disappointed in you,how can you see 4Gb ram,64gb Rom with 4150 mAh for 37k without checking YouTube for reviews
It's not jumia fault generic is not a company the smartphone is done by numerous people, I can produce my own smartphone called p5 and it would be sold by generic on jumia some else entirely would produce another smartphone called the p6,they mostly lie about their specs,that 4gb ram could be 512 mb
If you want to confirm your device Android version and other specs download CPU-z pro to confirm

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by elotajohn1(m): 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2019
I almost bought this phone oo.... Thank God for my life My Brethren

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by goodnewscliff(m): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin ;DThis wan af enter one chance Mitsubishi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by goodnewscliff(m): 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2019
elotajohn1:
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
1stSonOfLucifer

return the phone before 7days...if it exceeds 7days after delivery, u wont be able to return it anymore
Already called. And they said they will get in touch again
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2019
Mikee7:
Jumia would refund, the seller is clearly fraudulent, put a picture of Huawei P30

This is what happened
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
elotajohn1:
My god. This got me cracking sha.

You really dodge bullet oo
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
goodnewscliff:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin ;DThis wan af enter one chance Mitsubishi
Una no good for Nairaland oo.

Una comment funny. But the buyer of this phone wan die.

I will call again and let them realise the seller scammed that friend of mine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[Updated] Full List Of Best Xiaomi Phones 2020 / The Reality Of Unhealthy Smartphone Charging / Opening The Back Cover Of Tecno L8 Lite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.