Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US (18625 Views)

Imprisoned Dani Alves Pens Love Letter To Estranged Wife Ahead Of His Rape Case / Dolores Aveiro: Cristiano Ronaldo’s Mother, Reacts To His Rape Accusations / Cristiano Ronaldo Dancing With Kathryn Mayorga, His Rape Accuser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by ogbiwa: 5:48am On Jul 23, 2019
Football star Cristiano Ronaldo will not face charges after being accused of sexual assault, US prosecutors say.

Kathryn Mayorga, 34, had alleged that the Juventus player raped her at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.

She reportedly reached an out-of-court settlement with the Portuguese star in 2010, but sought to reopen the case in 2018. He denied the allegations.

In a statement on Monday, Las Vegas prosecutors said the claims could not "be proven beyond reasonable doubt".

The Clark County District Attorney's office said the victim reported an assault in 2009, but refused to state where it had happened or who the attacker was. As a result police were unable "to conduct any meaningful investigation".

In August 2018, Las Vegas police investigated the alleged crime again at the request of the victim.

But the statement added: "Based upon a review of information at this time, the allegations of sexual assault against Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Therefore, no charges will be forthcoming."

German weekly magazine Der Spiegel, first published a story about the allegation last year.

It said that in 2010, she reached an out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo involving a $375,000 (£288,000) payment for agreeing never to go public with the allegations.

Ms Mayorga's lawyer said she had been inspired to re-open the case by the #MeToo movement.

Ronaldo has not denied that the two met in Las Vegas in 2009, but said that what happened between them was consensual.

At the time, Ronaldo was playing for Manchester United, and about to join Real Madrid, where he spent the next nine years.

Ronaldo moved to Juventus last July. He has won the Ballon d'Or - awarded to the world's best footballer - in 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49078808

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by Acedave1(m): 5:52am On Jul 23, 2019
All this girl sef
Always raping them they will never say the truth

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by NwaJozi: 6:02am On Jul 23, 2019
The Goat

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by YoungLionken(m): 6:04am On Jul 23, 2019
I thought this rape accusations are only prevalent in Nigeria.

Some women are assistant devil!

16 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by jjabimbo: 6:05am On Jul 23, 2019
Be one of those that'll benefit from our foreign used laptops.

100% guaranteed

Act fast
Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by deltateam: 6:05am On Jul 23, 2019
FTC

Thank you everyone.
Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by donprinyo(m): 6:07am On Jul 23, 2019
My broda Fear women

16 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by donprinyo(m): 6:07am On Jul 23, 2019
YoungLionken:

That's dere final resort.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:08am On Jul 23, 2019
She reportedly reached an out-of-court settlement with the Portuguese star in 2010, but sought to reopen the case in 2018. He denied the allegations.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by iyallancy84: 6:08am On Jul 23, 2019
Good verdict

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by Temple1288(m): 6:09am On Jul 23, 2019
The case of Brett
Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by chrisdstar: 6:09am On Jul 23, 2019
Does it mean poor men don't have penls?
Or poor men don't rape women?
Why does women have to wait until one struggles to the top b4 tearing everything down?
Are women really this heartless?

Fiorentino Perez should free Cr7 abeg,he should move on already,the whole saga has his signature written all over it.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by Iamgrey5(m): 6:13am On Jul 23, 2019
logon599:
"Innocent until proven guilty". A sentence that means absolutely nothing in this part of the world.

Once you've made it to the top of your ladder and about to start enjoying the proceeds of your hardwork, pray you don't have an aggrieved ex somewhere who suddenly feels she doesn't like the way you're so happy and therefore decides to make your life hell just for the fun of it. A simple social media post and everything you've built could come crashing down because everybody starts calling you a rapist simply because the accusation came from a "woman" who people believe will not lie about "sensitive stuff like that" cos she "took a lot of courage" coming out now after keeping it down for "many years".

This is the future trend we're all setting ourselves up for unless we arrest this deadly culture of crucifying people without any trial

But did you see a truckload of fully armed police officers delivering an "invitation letter" to the alleged victim.

That is the way it is done in saner climes, the accused submitted himself to investigation until proven innocent, after which he can then sue for defamation.

Not the other way round like one man of God wanted to do in your country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by cococandy(f): 6:14am On Jul 23, 2019
logon599:
"Innocent until proven guilty". A sentence that means absolutely nothing in this part of the world.

Once you've made it to the top of your ladder and about to start enjoying the proceeds of your hardwork, pray you don't have an aggrieved ex somewhere who suddenly feels she doesn't like the way you're so happy and therefore decides to make your life hell just for the fun of it. A simple social media post and everything you've built could come crashing down because everybody starts calling you a rapist simply because the accusation came from a "woman" who people believe will not lie about "sensitive stuff like that" cos she "took a lot of courage" coming out now after keeping it down for "many years".

This is the future trend we're all setting ourselves up for unless we arrest this deadly culture of crucifying people without any trial
chrisdstar:
Why does women have to wait until one struggles to the top b4 tearing everything down?

donprinyo:
My broda Fear women
YoungLionken:

donprinyo:
My broda Fear women
Acedave1:
All this girl sef

Always raping them they will never say the truth
So poor men don’t get accused of rape? When it happens to a popular person then it must be because they made it in life? When have you even been fired up about these randy men raping people everyday and you hear about it all over the news?

Stop pretending like you care about any false accusations which statistically is ten times lower than true accusations, when you are just concerned that what you did in the darkness will catch up with you someday.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by wizkidblogger(f): 6:14am On Jul 23, 2019
Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by Iamgrey5(m): 6:14am On Jul 23, 2019
chrisdstar:

Fiorentino Perez should free Cr7 abeg,he should move on already,the whole saga has his signature written all over it.
Are you expecting the rape allegations of a poor man to make the news?

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by qmd24(m): 6:15am On Jul 23, 2019
chrisdstar:

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by CosmicPhoenix: 6:15am On Jul 23, 2019
he is still a rapist

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by calddon(m): 6:17am On Jul 23, 2019
If you dont flirt there will be no basis for accusations.

Even if some due to their wicked heart level accusations against you it will hold no water due to lack of evidence.

Self-control is the key

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by obajoey(m): 6:17am On Jul 23, 2019
chrisdstar:

Bring them down syndrome.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by eazzzy1(m): 6:18am On Jul 23, 2019

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by Criticaltemp: 6:18am On Jul 23, 2019
Before nko? Those accusations were false.. All hail the real Goat..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by dewhaley: 6:19am On Jul 23, 2019
Well... We all know how these American women are... Trying to bring down Global icons... Congrats to Cr7..GOATnaldo

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by ScotMisile: 6:21am On Jul 23, 2019
She refused to say who the attacker was and where it happened.. .Fatoyinbo is in soup. ..Busola has all the required information
Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by donprinyo(m): 6:24am On Jul 23, 2019
cococandy:

So poor men don’t get accused of rape? When it happens to a popular person then it must be because they made it in life? When have you even been fired up about these randy men raping people everyday and you hear about it all over the news?

Stop pretending like you care about any false accusations which statistically is ten times lower than true accusations, when you are just concerned that what you did in the darkness will catch up with you someday.

I once carry one babe from club to my hotel room. I liked her companionship. Later in de night dere was no CD which I told her dat I can't have sex without it. So she volunteered to look for one. After de night, she turned to different person automatically, said dat I must pay her 15k or else she will tell de world I raped her. I tot she was joking o, remembering my good and selfless services I rendered last night. Suddenly, she started screaming o. My colleagues were around. So finally pleaded with her to give her 10k so dat she can go in peace. Since den, Fear women is my motto.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by Debaiz: 6:24am On Jul 23, 2019
If a 10years case cannot be proven without reasonable doubt in a country with all the tools to do so despite the accuser making an official report as at the time of the incident, then what are the chances of The Dakolos vs The Fatoyinbos. A 20years old case with no official report and probably no evidence or witnesses in a third world country where everything is designed to frustrate the accuser.

Something in me believes the Dakolos but without evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt, the case is dead on arrival.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by OhiOfIhima: 6:27am On Jul 23, 2019
Ororo is vindicated...

Face of football till forty

The unprecedented GOAT.

10 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Will Not Face Charges In His Rape Case - US by klever18(m): 6:28am On Jul 23, 2019
da kwolo How far na we must sue u, 100m naira is too small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Falcons Leave Hotel For Stadium Ahead Of Germany Clash / 2018 World Cup: Super Eagles Confirm Payment Of Bonuses / Stephanie Frappart: Referee Gets Massive Praise For Her Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.