Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,141 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight (45522 Views)

Moment: Neymar Gave Man Of The Match Award To Maxim Moting / Nigerian-born Boxer Bilal Fawaz Who Chose England Over Nigeria Faces Deportation / After Fight, Mayweather Parties In Style With His N1billion Bugatti(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Lamasta(m): 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2019
Died in active service may his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by chijioke17(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I would have said Rest in Peace to him but I know that anyone that dies from fighting is going straight to hell.

My God is a peace lover.
Judge nwamaikpe, just like your name implies. Na you follow for jury wey dey God court abi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by mechanics(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
The game is very risky.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by sweetjohn(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2019
It is better to die as a hero than to die in the lab of a woman

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Deepfeel(m): 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2019
He died as a true warrior, rest in peace man, we all must die eventually but the most important thing is dying with honor

1 Like

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by pinkygurl(f): 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
References:
Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev has died from brain injuries sustained in a fight in Maryland, the Russian boxing federation announced on Tuesday.
“Maxim Dadashev has died in the United States following injuries sustained during his fight with Subriel Matias,” the federation said in a statement.

The 28-year-old underwent emergency brain surgery in Washington after his super-lightweight bout with Puerto Rican Matias on Friday was stopped after the 11th round by his cornerman James “Buddy” McGirt.

Dadashev, known as “Mad Max”, was unable to walk to the dressing room and was immediately hospitalised.

Doctors operated to relieve pressure from swelling on his brain.

McGirt, who said after the fight he “couldn’t convince” his fighter to stop but opted to throw in the towel when he saw him “getting hit with more and more clean shots as the fight went on,” told ESPN on Tuesday he was wracking his brain wondering if he could have done things differently.

“It just makes you realize what type of sport we’re in, man,” McGirt told ESPN — which streamed the fight on its ESPN+ platform.

“He did everything right in training, no problems, no nothing. My mind is like really running crazy, right now. Like what could I have done differently? But at the end of the day, everything was fine (in training).

“He seemed OK, he was ready, but it’s the sport that we’re in. It just takes one punch, man.”

Russian boxing chief Umar Kremlev told Russian media that Dadashev’s body would be repatriated home and that his family would receive financial aid.

Dadashev’s widow, Elizaveta Apushkina, also issued a statement, confirming the fighter’s death “with great sadness.

“He was a very kind person who fought until the very end. Our son will continue be raised to be a great man like his father,” she said of the St. Petersburg-born fighter who trained in Oxnard, California.

Dadashev took an unbeaten 13-0 record into the 140-pound non-title fight.

Dadashev, whose manager Egis Klimas also handles Vasiliy Lomachenko and Sergey Kovalev, turned pro in April of 2016 and relocated to Southern California to pursue his ring ambitions, eventually signing with promoters Top Rank.

Top Rank chairman Bob Arum issued a statement recalling Dadashev as “a terrific young man.”

ESPN, which streamed the bout on ESPN+, also issued a statement.

“Our heartfelt thoughts are with Dadashev’s family, friends, trainers and the team at Top Rank,” the statement said.

Dadashev was rated in the top five by two world sanctioning organizations going into Friday’s fight in suburban Washington DC, an elimination bout for the right to become mandatory challenger for Josh Taylor’s IBF title.

Matias dominated, and after the 11th round McGirt could be heard telling Dadashev “I’m going to stop it, Max,” even as Dadashev shook his head.McGirt, himself a former two-weight world champion, then told the referee: “That’s it.”

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/russian-boxer-maxim-dadashev-dies-after-fight/
What a risky sport shocked
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by nuelyoyo(m): 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
starbuck:
And someone will come and tell me that those fights are film tricks undecided undecided

NwaAmaikpe, olia grin grin
boxing is not film trick, wrestling is film trick.

1 Like

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Royzevic(m): 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I would have said Rest in Peace to him but I know that anyone that dies from fighting is going straight to hell.

My God is a peace lover.

Where hav you been man you need to show som respect to your followers and fans....welcombak sha

1 Like

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by damtan(m): 11:27pm On Jul 23, 2019
IamSoProlific:

Lolz.....Agu nwoke, vice Angel Gabriel....assistant Jesus.....Deputy God!!!
Bros, you bad o

2 Likes

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by SirWhiteFish: 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2019
I keep saying boxing isn't a sport... Rather a suicide
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Chukalemon(m): 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
Now I remember that fight between Klitschko and samuel peter.the dude just beat the hell out of samuel peter that night.i can't forget that match in a hurry.(rip_bro)
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by godofuck231: 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My God is a peace lover.
then he died for God and country
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Analysiscorner: 11:36pm On Jul 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My God is a peace lover.
So, you have reappeared!
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Flier: 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2019
sweetjohn:
It is better to die as a hero than to die in the lab of a woman
PRIDE keep killing people everyday,I believe they didn’t give him enough orientation about when to stop and there is always going to be another fight
He would have died before the end of the game if his trainer didn’t stop him
It’s just a big lesson to other boxers, they should know when to stop or give up if they are taking too many punches
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by godofuck231: 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
jayextra:
Haa Village people!
elders this is a type of foreign kola pull the pin and eat hard immediately

1 Like

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
pinkygurl:

What a risky sport shocked
Nah so you take quote the whole words embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by drskyfly007(m): 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
starbuck:
And someone will come and tell me that those fights are film tricks undecided undecided

wrestling is the one that applies film tricks to entertain the audience.

This one is boxing.

They are 2 different sports.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by maxzzo1(m): 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2019
Chai RIP
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Lovelyn451(f): 12:10am On Jul 24, 2019
R
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by bknight: 12:10am On Jul 24, 2019
RIP man

13-0 cool

Madt respect Mad Max

1 Like

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Basher8583: 12:11am On Jul 24, 2019
DimkpaBini:
Na wa o.Boxing is a very brutal sport.It's all fine and good when you're winning but chances are that one day, you'll jam someone who's better than you.His team even wanted to throw in the towel but he refused.

And to think Deontay Wilder said he wanted a body on his record.I can't forget the brutal knockout of Breazeale in his last fight.I don't know how that guy managed to leave the ring that day.

Na boxing you still dey talk. How about MMA. That one na death wish fight. Do brutal and bloody

2 Likes

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by Frankbaro(m): 12:16am On Jul 24, 2019
What a legal way of killing someone. His opponent just committed legal murder

Rest In Peace Boxer
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by ofiko123(m): 12:34am On Jul 24, 2019
RIP to the dead..
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by decco1878: 12:40am On Jul 24, 2019
References:
Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev has died from brain injuries sustained in a fight in Maryland, the Russian boxing federation announced on Tuesday.
“Maxim Dadashev has died in the United States following injuries sustained during his fight with Subriel Matias,” the federation said in a statement.

The 28-year-old underwent emergency brain surgery in Washington after his super-lightweight bout with Puerto Rican Matias on Friday was stopped after the 11th round by his cornerman James “Buddy” McGirt.

Dadashev, known as “Mad Max”, was unable to walk to the dressing room and was immediately hospitalised.

Doctors operated to relieve pressure from swelling on his brain.

McGirt, who said after the fight he “couldn’t convince” his fighter to stop but opted to throw in the towel when he saw him “getting hit with more and more clean shots as the fight went on,” told ESPN on Tuesday he was wracking his brain wondering if he could have done things differently.

“It just makes you realize what type of sport we’re in, man,” McGirt told ESPN — which streamed the fight on its ESPN+ platform.

“He did everything right in training, no problems, no nothing. My mind is like really running crazy, right now. Like what could I have done differently? But at the end of the day, everything was fine (in training).

“He seemed OK, he was ready, but it’s the sport that we’re in. It just takes one punch, man.”

Russian boxing chief Umar Kremlev told Russian media that Dadashev’s body would be repatriated home and that his family would receive financial aid.

Dadashev’s widow, Elizaveta Apushkina, also issued a statement, confirming the fighter’s death “with great sadness.

“He was a very kind person who fought until the very end. Our son will continue be raised to be a great man like his father,” she said of the St. Petersburg-born fighter who trained in Oxnard, California.

Dadashev took an unbeaten 13-0 record into the 140-pound non-title fight.

Dadashev, whose manager Egis Klimas also handles Vasiliy Lomachenko and Sergey Kovalev, turned pro in April of 2016 and relocated to Southern California to pursue his ring ambitions, eventually signing with promoters Top Rank.

Top Rank chairman Bob Arum issued a statement recalling Dadashev as “a terrific young man.”

ESPN, which streamed the bout on ESPN+, also issued a statement.

“Our heartfelt thoughts are with Dadashev’s family, friends, trainers and the team at Top Rank,” the statement said.

Dadashev was rated in the top five by two world sanctioning organizations going into Friday’s fight in suburban Washington DC, an elimination bout for the right to become mandatory challenger for Josh Taylor’s IBF title.

Matias dominated, and after the 11th round McGirt could be heard telling Dadashev “I’m going to stop it, Max,” even as Dadashev shook his head.McGirt, himself a former two-weight world champion, then told the referee: “That’s it.”

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/russian-boxer-maxim-dadashev-dies-after-fight/
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by KingSango(m): 12:57am On Jul 24, 2019
Wow

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by redsun(m): 1:18am On Jul 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My God is a peace lover.

He fought because he was brave and it was a way of making a good living. It is not the years in your life that counts, rather it is the life in your years. And from the way you talk, and if actually you really believe what you just said, you are not exactly living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by koolaid87: 1:23am On Jul 24, 2019
That's why I stopped criticizing mayweather for his uninteresting defensive style

1 Like

Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by tuzle(m): 2:14am On Jul 24, 2019
starbuck:

people also die while acting film now
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by onlyforchrist: 2:14am On Jul 24, 2019
psychologist:
America Wait for it
Putin will retaliate in his way Just wait for it
He fought with another Russian.
Re: Russian Boxer, Maxim Dadashev Dies After Fight by ALEXIS0240: 2:23am On Jul 24, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

My God is a peace lover.
Even when its just a sporty affair;just for the purpose of records and nothing else?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Messi Surprised By Magical Ronaldo Showing / Usain Bolt Celebrates His 30th Birthday With A Twerking Girl At Club (VIDEO) / Kylian Mbappe Named Most Valuable Footballer In The World At £190m (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.