Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

I Need Advice On Misspelt Name On My Result - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / I Need Advice On Misspelt Name On My Result (1812 Views)

NYSC Admits Advice On Ransom Payment On Pamphlets, Begins Probe / NYSC Registration - How Do I Correct Errors/misspelt Names. / Please Will This Nasu Strike Allow Me Go For Nysc Despite Me Having My Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On Misspelt Name On My Result by niceguy555: 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2019
Good evening all. Pls I need your advice. I finished my final year clearance from my school last month and was asked to come back and collect my result. This I did with the intention that I will write down my name for NYSC mobilization from my school as soon as I collect my result. But I noticed that the school wrongly spelt my surname in my statement of result probably in the course of preparing the statement of result. Pls will this affect me if I proceed to write down my name for mobilization for NYSC or it doesn't matter. because as it is now, there is omission of a letter in my surname on my result and it is different from my jamb letter. Pls advice me. Thanks
Re: I Need Advice On Misspelt Name On My Result by donpedro11(m): 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2019
niceguy555:
Good evening all. Pls I need your advice. I finished my final year clearance from my school last month and was asked to come back and collect my result. This I did with the intention that I will write down my name for NYSC mobilization from my school as soon as I collect my result. But I noticed that the school wrongly spelt my surname in my statement of result probably in the course of preparing the statement of result. Pls will this affect me if I proceed to write down my name for mobilization for NYSC or it doesn't matter. because as it is now, there is omission of a letter in my surname on my result and it is different from my jamb letter. Pls advice me. Thanks

get a copy of your parmanent voters card
Get a sworn affidavit
Ok, contact me for assistance in number in signature
Re: I Need Advice On Misspelt Name On My Result by kings59: 10:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
niceguy555:

It happened to me too. A week to NYSC ,they started releasing our statement of results. I got my 2 days to service and i glanced through it only to see they made a mistake in my surname. I complained and they were telling me to go back to the headquater to make my complaint. I was in owerri ooo. I was posted to Kebbi state ,a two days journey.

I didn't know what to do, i was devastated ,perplexed and at the same time confused. I took it to camp like that. They allowed me based on my explanations.

It is very annoying, but my certificate has my correct name. I guessed they made that error as a result being in a haste .
Re: I Need Advice On Misspelt Name On My Result by donpedro11(m): 11:11pm On Jul 23, 2019
kings59:

It happened to me too. A week to NYSC ,they started releasing our statement of results. I got my 2 days to service and i glanced through it only to see they made a mistake in my surname. I complained and they were telling me to go back to the headquater to make my complaint. I was in owerri ooo. I was posted to Kebbi state ,a two days journey.

I didn't know what to do, i was devastated ,perplexed and at the same time confused. I took it to camp like that. They allowed me based on my explanations.

It is very annoying, but my certificate has my correct name. I guessed they made that error as a result being in a haste .

Yes such errors are made I haste and has a long way of fixing if not noticed immediately, you are very lucky, the officials were sympathetic, it would not have been accepted and most likely cause them their jobs..
Re: I Need Advice On Misspelt Name On My Result by niceguy555: 12:18am On Jul 24, 2019
kings59:

ok. So should I go complain to my school or I should just go with my result in that way. Am just afraid of the future cos my surname in my statement of result isn't tally with the one in my waec, jamb and other documents. Am still confused
Re: I Need Advice On Misspelt Name On My Result by niceguy555: 12:19am On Jul 24, 2019
donpedro11:

get a copy of your parmanent voters card Get a sworn affidavit Ok, contact me for assistance in number in signature
I don't have a Pvc and what affidavit do you mean?
Re: I Need Advice On Misspelt Name On My Result by kings59: 12:34am On Jul 24, 2019
donpedro11:

Yes such errors are made I haste and has a long way of fixing if not noticed immediately, you are very lucky, the officials were sympathetic, it would not have been accepted and most likely cause them their jobs..

I had my school ID card then and i showed it to them and also a letter from my HOD and VC.

I advise he should go back to his school and sort it out before NYSC.

(1) (Reply)

No Need Of Waec, Birth, Neco, Jamb Certificate Original Certificates In Camp / Original NYSC Cap @affordable Rate / Pictures Of Prospective Corps Members Waiting For Their Call Up Letters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.