Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) (31201 Views)

Police Kill Isa Dei Dei, A Bandit & Kidnapper In Abuja / Victim Identifies Her Kidnapper In A Bank In Aba (Photos) / Estate agent disappears after duping over 60 people of N300k each. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by GistGoViral: 4:36am On Jul 24, 2019
The family of a cab driver, Akanbi Musa, has been thrown into confusion following his disapperance 10 days after purchasing a fairly-used vehicle for his car hailing business in the Apapa area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that a yet-to-be identified passenger, who visited the park where Akanbi and other cab drivers used as their operational base in Apapa, requested that the Kwara State indigene should convey him and his colleagues to their place of work in Ikorodu and back for a period of two weeks.

During negotiation, it was learnt that the passenger agreed to pay Akanbi N20,000 daily for his service, but the father of 11 has remained incommunicado since he embarked on the first trip to Ikorodu with the passenger.

“He never returned to the park or his house,” one of Akanbi’s colleagues, Salam Owoyemi, told our correspondent, adding that the last time he heard from him was when he got to Igbogbo in the Igbogbo-Bayeku Local Council Development Area of the state.

Owoyemi said the passenger lured his colleague to where he was kidnapped, adding that Akanbi and the car he recently purchased had not been found.

The Kwara State indigene said, “We operate a car hailing business on the Apapa Port Road, but three days to the end of Ramadan, a man came to our park to hire the services of Akanbi for two weeks. The man said Akanbi would be conveying him and his colleagues to Ikorodu from Apapa and back during the period and agreed to pay him N20,000 per day. On the day the driver started the job, the man’s colleagues allegedly left for work early, so my friend conveyed only the man to Ikorodu.

“Around 3pm, I called him and he told me that they were in Igbogbo, but said the man had yet to pay him. He even said the man did not give him money to buy fuel for the car, so I advised him to come back and that was the last time I heard from him.
“No one knows the passenger; he just came to the park and tricked Akanbi to the place where he was kidnapped. We have not been able to locate him and the green Toyota Sienna that he purchased 10 days before the trip.”

Akanbi’s son, Ibrahim, while seeking the intervention of the state Commissioner of Police, Zubairu Muazu, to find his father, said his mother and siblings were traumatised by the incident.

The 28-year-old stated, “We are currently facing a difficult time in my family; my father has been missing for almost two months as he disappeared on Thursday, June 6, 2019, and his phone has been switched off since then. We have reported at the Area ‘B’ Police Division and also petitioned the Commissioner of Police. The personnel of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad in Ikeja have been assigned to take over the case.

“My mother has fallen ill because of this incident; we are all concerned about my dad’s well-being. We are calling the attention of the Inspector-General of Police to this matter so that the case won’t be abandoned.”

One of Akanbi’s wives, Hadijat, while lamenting her husband’s disappearance, said life had not been easy for the family members since the cab driver got missing.

“He left for work around 9am on that day and till date, we have not seen him. I learnt that a passenger tricked him to the place where he was kidnapped. He has two wives and 11 children and feeding has been difficult for us since he got missing. We want the police to assist us find him and arrest those responsible for his disapperance,” Hadijat stated.

When the police spokesperson, Bala Elkana, was contacted, he said he had yet to be briefed on the matter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/cab-driver-disappears-after-conveying-suspected-kidnapper-in-lagos/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by GistGoViral: 4:36am On Jul 24, 2019
Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:38am On Jul 24, 2019
During negotiation, it was learnt that the passenger agreed to pay Akanbi N20,000 daily for his service, but the father of 11 has remained incommunicado since he embarked on the first trip to Ikorodu with the passenger.

Owoyemi said the passenger lured his colleague to where he was kidnapped, adding that Akanbi and the car he recently purchased had not been found

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Born2Breed(f): 5:16am On Jul 24, 2019
Please contact IRT squad. They are good at unraveling kidnap cases with their latest high tech equipments.

And 2 months,isn't that a bit too late.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by meezynetwork(m): 6:21am On Jul 24, 2019
Two months is too much to unravel this crime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by falcon01: 7:47am On Jul 24, 2019
haba Alhajai Akanbi, 20k daily? e no ring bell for you? You should have asked for ID card and ask your friends to snap all their ID cards till you come back safely.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Jason007: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2019
the rate at which people are desperate this days , you wonder, if the money they are chasing after death, they will bag it along to the beyond.

11 Likes

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Amuocha: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2019
He will be found

'He has two wives and 11 children ....this is the real problem now for APC government shocked

13 Likes

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by MrAnele(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2019
Chei
Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Eteka1(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2019
Hope he has not been killed and buried already.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by ajibadekale: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2019
The rate at which people are looking for money is becoming alarming ooo, I mean it is any how...

1 Like

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Winker: 9:49am On Jul 24, 2019
Bad
Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by RZArecta2(m): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2019
Badoo people dem cool

2 Likes

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Sinach0191(m): 9:52am On Jul 24, 2019
This is serious o
Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by ZitNg: 9:52am On Jul 24, 2019
Hmmm, this is serious... I pray they find him soon. It's really saddening that people have decided to take the shortcut to wealth and fame.

2 Likes

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Neddstark: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2019
When a deal seems too good to be true, better be careful.
Also, avoid ikorodu for anything business related. Someone can be murdered and no one will know. A good place to practice cultism

11 Likes

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Purity79: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2019
Too bad
Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by tsinzu: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2019
In the south west No hope!!! They should just make sure they have other marks on his body they can use to identify him apart from his face because this there will be no head to identify anything when he is finally found

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by landforeast(m): 9:53am On Jul 24, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Kendumazy(m): 9:54am On Jul 24, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by ifeanyiopra44: 9:55am On Jul 24, 2019
Truth be told the man is dead, my first reason would be if he was kidnapped a ransom would have been demanded of which it wasnt, but nothings impossible, i pray he is found

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by ladykolly(f): 9:55am On Jul 24, 2019
I pray he finds his way back home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by sevo(m): 9:56am On Jul 24, 2019
The miners haff strike..... Doing what they do best...MINE SKULLS

1 Like

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by nototribalist: 9:56am On Jul 24, 2019
Ikorodu is headquarters of ritual shrines.

3 Likes

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Factgist: 9:56am On Jul 24, 2019
grin
Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by izzou(m): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2019
falcon01:
haba Alhajai Akanbi, 20k daily? e no ring bell for you? You should have asked for ID card and ask your friends to snap all their ID cards till you come back safely.

Someone charters a cab from Apapa to Ikorodu for a whole day and 20k is too much for that?

undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cab Driver Disappears After Conveying Suspected Kidnapper In Lagos (photo) by Megatrix: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2019
Since it's the west side niggas that did it, I doubt it was a case of kidnapping, it's more likely to be a case of skull mining �

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ram Thief Caught In Jigawa, Paraded With The Ram He Stole (Photos) / Police Recover N9m From Dead Armed Robbers Who Raided Owo Banks / Police Arrest 2 For Murdering Italy-based Omoruyi Okundolor In Benin (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.