Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,341 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) (43018 Views)

Ikogosi Warm Springs Where Warm And Cold Spring Meet (Pics & Video) / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Willow Wood: Hotel Allegedly Owned By Rochas Okorocha In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by Biggaboi(m): 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
Pacesetter123:
Pls those of you that have been there before especially recently,how safe n secured is de place? Am planning to visit dere by September with our group.Those girls in our group are too beaurriful.....I don't want any molestation.We treasured dem wella.Even my head too,I no want hear even a grain of sand hitting me dere...oo.I ask agn,pls is security tight?
2ndly, brethren from South West,can anybody update me on Idandre Hills? We plan touching dere too.I heard is a nice tourism site too.j
Thanks,am waiting for a reply.
The Ikogosi warm springs I visited had no security issue, at least when I was there last August. Went in a group too. We had a guide who showed us around and made some explanations about the history of the place after which we were left alone to enjoy and explore the place. Also spent time playing in the pool b4 we left the place. From what I saw, your fears are unfounded. At least when I was there last year. I do u by there's been any change now

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by Pacesetter123(m): 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
Biggaboi:

The Ikogosi warm springs I visited had no security issue, at least when I was there last August. Went in a group too. We had a guide who showed us around and made some explanations about the history of the place after which we were left alone to enjoy and explore the place. Also spent time playing in the pool b4 we left the place. From what I saw, your fears are unfounded. At least when I was there last year. I do u by there's been any change now
Information appreciated

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 11:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
Emeraldfynest:
Well done bbsharon, you've actually given me an idea of tourism in Nigeria with your wonderful posts, this is a job well done.

Thank you. Glad I could help smiley

1 Like

Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by anonimi: 3:03am On Jul 26, 2019
Bbsharon:

Hmmm... I see your point. But still comes down to bad government. If the government were to be efficient and see the value in tourism there would be no reason to privatise it.

Remember, when you privatise the prices go up and now becomes places only the elites and probably average Nigerians would have access too. Which shouldn't be so.

That was the case with NITEL and the first private telcos- MTN, Econet- up to the time that Glo joined and crashed the price. That is what competition through private enterprise does. Something that governments can't do by running ruining businesses as they close out opportunities that should be exploited for greater option/choice and discourage efficiency drives.
Long term lease of the land & property of Ikogosi and other potentially touristic places will promote competition, change values and give travel enthusiasts like you plenty of opportunities to make enough money from your passion.
How about that

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by anonimi: 3:06am On Jul 26, 2019
Bbsharon:
Security, good roads and maintenance first.

How will all these good things happen if everyone is using their time and money on parties and religious activities, waiting for an abstract government to do the work without realising that the government is simply a reflection of their own preferences?
Can you guess how much involved the people of developed countries are with their communities and governments compared to us?
Finally it is up to us what we want and work for.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2019
anonimi:

That was the case with NITEL and the first private telcos- MTN, Econet- up to the time that Glo joined and crashed the price. That is what competition through private enterprise does. Something that governments can't do by running ruining businesses as they close out opportunities that should be exploited for greater option/choice and discourage efficiency drives.
Long term lease of the land & property of Ikogosi and other potentially touristic places will promote competition, change values and give travel enthusiasts like you plenty of opportunities to make enough money from your passion.
How about that

I agree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by dingbang(m): 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2019
Bbsharon:

I agree.
do you know the show back in those days, Goge africa?
Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by Bbsharon(f): 7:54am On Sep 09, 2019
dingbang:
do you know the show back in those days, Goge africa?

Yes i do. It still exist
Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by Cutehector(m): 5:50am On Sep 10, 2019
Bbsharon:

Yes i do. It still exist
ok let's team up grin
Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by Shemadex(m): 11:20am On Nov 25, 2019
anonimi:

You need to add the status of Fulani herdsmen presence in the area to encourage more visitors who will energise the economy of your home town and create jobs to engage the youths etc.
hmmmm okay
Re: My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) by SavageResponse(m): 10:01am On Nov 26, 2019
Bbsharon:
Oh, well well. Long time no post here wink.
Well, life happened and I lost my blog accessibility somehow, somehow. lipsrsealed

But here we go: smiley

I visited this site in February with some few friends.

The Beautiful Ikogosi spring, located in Ekiti west local government area of Ekiti state, Nigeria.

Easily accessed either through Efon Alaye-Ipole Iloro road or from the city centre and state capital, Ado-Ekiti.

The Ikogosi Warm Spring, unarguably one of the most visited tourist destination in the country unique features comes from it's naturally occurring nature's bliss, of warm and cold spring flowing side by side to form a confluence, with each still maintaining its thermal properties.

How many hours is it from Ado-Ekiti to Ikogosi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) / Transportation Of Quarry Stones With Open Trucks Along Ilorin-Ibadan Expressway / 18 Die, 56 Injured In Lokoja-Abuja Road Early Morning Crash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.