Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) (43029 Views)

Container Falls Off Trailer On Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Truck Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by AUTOJOSH1: 5:32pm On May 07, 2019

A container has fallen off from Ojuelegba bridge and has caused gridlock to traffic flow.

The container fell off a truck which was travelling on the bridge on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, according to a security operative that spoke to TheCable.

“The load is too much for the body, so as it was climbing the bridge, it was rolling down. It is 40 feet tall,” he said.

The truck driver, who also spoke to TheCable, said the accident was as a result of a bus driver who overtook him.

He said, “As I was climbing the bridge, a bus overtook me and I had to stop. When I set out after the bus left, the gear dragged me back and the container turned and fell. It is not because of the break. There is no casualty. I was not the only one in the truck, we were three in number, but nothing happened to any of us.”

This is not the first time such is happening on this very Ojuelegba Bridge. The one that fell off last month destroyed seven vehicles.

Not just that; three people were killed in June 2018 when a container load of plywood fell off a truck and crushed three commercial buses and a Toyota Corolla Camry.

Source: https://autojosh.com/container-fall-off-ojuelegba-bridge-lagos/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Bizmagnet: 5:36pm On May 07, 2019
This is getting out of hand in our country. Can't the govt mapp out different route for these guys to avoid wastage of lives and properties?

The beauty of every business is get in touch with people it was designed to reach.
Wait no longer, get your blog/website/software today at affordable price. Get my contacts from my signature.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 07, 2019
How many more containers must fall off that overhead bridge in Ojuelegba before the Lagos state government puts a height restrictor there?

Pot bellied politicians just sit with their ponmo lips eating money in Alausa and Aso rock while people are dying on a daily basis because of their recklessness. angry

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by OkunrinOloro: 5:50pm On May 07, 2019
embarassed

How many times must tragedy strike this country before its citizens finally learn their lessons? On that very same road, policemen and LASTMA officials are busy extorting bribes from Okada and Keke riders as if that is the duty they were appointed to perform.

4 Likes

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by matify83: 5:58pm On May 07, 2019
Death lurking on our roads in plain sight.

4 Likes

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by nurez305(m): 6:09pm On May 07, 2019
Again!

3 Likes

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:10pm On May 07, 2019
Why always Ojuelegba bridge?
Anyway, thank God no life was lost.

3 Likes

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by chudez0147(m): 6:10pm On May 07, 2019
I hope no life was lost
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by putin4: 6:11pm On May 07, 2019
8th world country

3 Likes

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Miracle4Sure: 6:11pm On May 07, 2019
cool
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by oyi1(m): 6:11pm On May 07, 2019
RIP to the dead
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by deepwater(f): 6:12pm On May 07, 2019
I am tired if this country.

Even see people living between the bridges spreading their washed cloths on the line.

This same people are the ever ready thugs used by politicians to rig elections that was supposed to put better candidates in power

Nigeria needs help.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by fatymore(f): 6:12pm On May 07, 2019
Subhanallah...
May Allah continue to keep us from all accidents
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by okohjay(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2019
Na wa o, this Death trap called Nigeria. Mans gotta be vigilant at all times

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by adecz: 6:18pm On May 07, 2019
E be like say winch dey live under
this Ojuelegba bridge.. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2019
See senseless talk by the driver. We have lots of them with trouble filled containers that arent properly strapped/loaded freely roaming with no one monitoring and even driving recklessly not minding the bad roads.
The container should have asked if it should fall abi?

1 Like

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by mejai(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2019
Toyota corolla camry.... A new product

1 Like

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Topmaike007(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2019
We need something once in a while,so our government will know what to do about it,Apapa Own worst
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by qualityovenbake(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2019
Always at Ojuelegba

1 Like

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Skidooo(m): 6:19pm On May 07, 2019
May Almighty God continue to save guard our going -out and coming- in and never be subjected to such.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Athena4: 6:19pm On May 07, 2019
Haha.Oh NIGERIA is fûcked. Oya come and be bashing Ghanaians o.No fix ur cesspool.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by rawtouch: 6:19pm On May 07, 2019
hmmm

tips to cross the road at ojuelegba;
look left, look right, look up then cross zig zag..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Butoneday2(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2019
Since they want everytin to be in lagos they must see everytin they want.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by franzis(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2019
this incident kept me in traffic jam from costain to ojuelegba for almost 5 hours
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Eberex(m): 6:24pm On May 07, 2019
AUTOJOSH1:

A container has fallen off from Ojuelegba bridge and has caused gridlock to traffic flow.

The container fell off a truck which was travelling on the bridge on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, according to a security operative that spoke to TheCable.

“The load is too much for the body, so as it was climbing the bridge, it was rolling down. It is 40 feet tall,” he said.

The truck driver, who also spoke to TheCable, said the accident was as a result of a bus driver who overtook him.

He said, “As I was climbing the bridge, a bus overtook me and I had to stop. When I set out after the bus left, the gear dragged me back and the container turned and fell. It is not because of the break. There is no casualty. I was not the only one in the truck, we were three in number, but nothing happened to any of us.”

This is not the first time such is happening on this very Ojuelegba Bridge. The one that fell off last month destroyed seven vehicles.

Not just that; three people were killed in June 2018 when a container load of plywood fell off a truck and crushed three commercial buses and a Toyota Corolla Camry.

Source: https://autojosh.com/container-fall-off-ojuelegba-bridge-lagos/

Did it fall off the bridge or fell on the bridge. The container is still lying on the bridge last time I checked

1 Like

Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by nimoxrealty(m): 6:24pm On May 07, 2019
Dont we have agency, i mean government agency that ensure containers are well mounted and keyed to its carrier? It is becoming a common sight to see container fallen off, just like that.

You can buy 300sqm land in a secure estate in boys town ipaja for 6m. Pay 3m and spread the rest over the period of 3months.
For more information:
https:///nimoxrealty
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Amuocha: 6:25pm On May 07, 2019
Buhari sef sad

Did the container land on the floor
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Racoon(m): 6:25pm On May 07, 2019
Why it's always the Ojuelegba Bridge? Why must these haulage trucks move without strapping their content securely? sad

Until Nigerian govt and Nigerians really appreciate the need for safety, more lives will be unfortunately lost senselessly to avoidable road hazards.
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 07, 2019
putin4:
8th world country

Ode grin
Re: Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge In Lagos (photos) by kaen1317: 6:28pm On May 07, 2019
Nigeria, a country full of bad news

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18 Die, 56 Injured In Lokoja-Abuja Road Early Morning Crash (Photos) / Pregnant Woman Dies In Accident On Abia State Highway. Photos / #10 Years Challenge: The Benin-ore Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.