Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,226 members, 7,849,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

Fake Parts From Autosmart (tradefair) Lagos? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Fake Parts From Autosmart (tradefair) Lagos? (851 Views)

PREORDER YOUR CAR PARTS FROM ROCKAUTO.COM, EBAY.COM AND AMAZON.COM / What's The Fastest Selling Car Parts From The USA Please? / Original Hyundai And Kia Spare Parts From Korea. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Parts From Autosmart (tradefair) Lagos? by zeez88: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
I recently ordered a pair of rear shocks for my Lexus es330 from Autosmart at the rate of 45,000 Naira. They are based in tradefair and they have an account on Instagram. He claimed they were original tokico shocks. Upon arrival i saw the shocks, they looked like they were recently sprayed, and they had japan quality on them. "JAPAN QUALITY" can never be genuine! Even though they were Toyota and Tokico stickers all over but the only engraving was japan quality makes it looks so fake!
My question is has anybody bought any parts from him? And is it possible to have Genuine shocks with Japan quality engraved on the shock?

1 Like

Re: Fake Parts From Autosmart (tradefair) Lagos? by nurey(m): 7:17am On Jul 25, 2019
They are not genuine but may be quality shocks.

Genuine in the sense that they were not recommended or certified by Toyota to have met the necessary stress requirements.

They may be quality shocks because it was manufactured as required by standard of production but due to cost of certification they just used known brand sticker to sell their product.

I have bought something like that in 2017 and 2018 and I have been using the shocks till date, they are Chinese knockoff but the have stood the stress of Nigerian roads.
Re: Fake Parts From Autosmart (tradefair) Lagos? by zeez88: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2019
Thanks for the response! Yes, they maybe qualitative. But why should the seller claim they are original OEM TOYOTA/TOKICO shocks from JAPAN. Thats the problem. Does anyone know the price of qualitative chinese rear shock absorbers for the camry or lexus es330? Because i bought these for 45,000 which to me is a bit pricey for a knock offs!

Re: Fake Parts From Autosmart (tradefair) Lagos? by Coyomesi: 8:18am On Sep 16, 2020
Can you post your experience with the shocks you ordered from him as I recently ordered one also and noticed the same things. I had intended KYB Japan but was more expensive
Re: Fake Parts From Autosmart (tradefair) Lagos? by leadknight123(m): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2021
zeez88:
Thanks for the response! Yes, they maybe qualitative. But why should the seller claim they are original OEM TOYOTA/TOKICO shocks from JAPAN. Thats the problem. Does anyone know the price of qualitative chinese rear shock absorbers for the camry or lexus es330? Because i bought these for 45,000 which to me is a bit pricey for a knock offs!

Hi, how long did he take to deliver the shocks to you, i am trying to do business with him. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Es 350 2012 Toks Full Options Sale@4.m Give Away / 4months Used Mercedes Benz ML 350 2014 Model Upgraded To 2018 / Urgent Sale Of Lexus GS 350 2017 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.