Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,388 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy (18998 Views)

Elon Musk’s X Fined $350,000 By US Government Over Trump’s Twitter Account / Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers / FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by olowo16g(m): 7:34am On Jul 25, 2019
jasibor:
Unfortunately, it wouldn’t make any substantial difference on the corporation’s revenue because they would possibly make far beyond that $5b before the end of the year, but this serves them right though. I love America.

Facebook has made $15b in the 1st quarter of 2019 so dashing out $5b is small.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by lastempero: 7:34am On Jul 25, 2019
missimelda01:
Hmm but wait, after collecting the fine from Facebook will they compensate the American citizens? Or they'll corner the money angry

Are u not a Facebook user dear,me I am heading to court right away for my own cut grin
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 25, 2019
nl hw far nw .. make you just breach small privacy .. mke we fine you like 5mil , use am chillax small na..

abeg..
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by missimelda01(f): 7:42am On Jul 25, 2019
Oh chim.. please I need a good lawyer embarassed
NwaEzefuNaMba:

Lol, make sure you check out the cons of suing a global platform, the court might even decide not to entertain your case for probability purpose.

You might also end up paying damages to the firm and not otherwise. wink wink
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by missimelda01(f): 7:42am On Jul 25, 2019
Please wait for me o, I'm at your back
lastempero:

Are u not a Facebook user dear,me I am heading to court right away for my own cut grin
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Mandubekus: 7:44am On Jul 25, 2019
I think Facebook supposed to compensate every User with One week Free Facebooking. (Including viewing of pictures and watching of videos). Yes for one week. We cannot come and kill our selves
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Abudu2000(m): 7:50am On Jul 25, 2019
Since the medication in 2013 mike or mark rather has decided that he's the demigod of the universe, invading ppls bathrooms abd wadropes like he owns it. Any little move on Facebook u receive the notifications asking for more and more details and permissions. Even when u tap "no" ur contact will still find you or vice versa. Its about time this company know its limits.
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Abdulrahmanibra(m): 7:56am On Jul 25, 2019
sincerely speaking America just want strangulate Mark, every year there is specific legal crime they bring in order to collect some huge amount of money from him, anyway god is by your side mark.[color=]sincerely speaking America just want strangulate Mark, every year there is specific legal crime they bring in order to collect some huge amount of money from him, anyway god is by your side mark.[/color]sincerely speaking America just want strangulate Mark, every year there is specific legal crime they bring in order to collect some huge amount of money from him, anyway god is by your side mark.
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Afamsi: 8:14am On Jul 25, 2019
biGDhAp:
nl hw far nw .. make you just breach small privacy .. mke we fine you like 5mil , use am chillax small na..

abeg..
Guy even if the demolish your privacy 4get it, we are in fulanitocracy. Rule of law doesnt work here.
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:16am On Jul 25, 2019
missimelda01:
Oh chim.. please I need a good lawyer embarassed

A good lawyer like myself Or you better still allow the cup of compensation pass you by.
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Paseus(m): 8:18am On Jul 25, 2019
Typical Nigerian,its a good thing that Americans don't think like you tho
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Afamsi: 8:23am On Jul 25, 2019
How much we go fine Buhari and APC for breachinh there campaign promises.
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Topmaike007(m): 8:37am On Jul 25, 2019
neeyomighty:
We sell & repair all brands of laptops.

#SALES#

#REPAIR#
pls where do you reside
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 25, 2019
Afamsi:
Guy even if the demolish your privacy 4get it, we are in fulanitocracy. Rule of law doesnt work here.
. lol
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by 400billionman: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2019
missimelda01:
Hmm but wait, after collecting the fine from Facebook will they compensate the American citizens? Or they'll corner the money angry

FTC American branch of EFCC
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Sunijacks(m): 9:29am On Jul 25, 2019
Na who go chop the $5billion abi them want share am give the people wey them invade their privacy?

because I no understand
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by cooljoe(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2019
It was out privacy that was breached. They should give us the money.
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by SaintHilary(m): 10:08am On Jul 25, 2019
godwinkessi:
If anyone hacks my account I’ll sue them for $50B then they’ll know something

Meanwhile tell this Instagram stupid boys that are claiming that they have nothing to do with Facebook that the owner of Facebook also owns instagram and as a matter fact made the money which he used in buying instagram from Facebook

I'm one of those boys and I ain't stupid because I'm tired of seeing a 54 year old man telling a 16 year old girl *thank you for accepting my friend request*
Kee ur sef
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Babaheekmat: 10:46am On Jul 25, 2019
Which privacy xef..
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Kingpinukecy(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2019
missimelda01:
lol...they will synfund the money. hehehe. no just reason am
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by BIXYBABE: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2019
Ocon:
This money too much oo
Abi o, make dem no send mark to him village
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by Digitalcreator(m): 7:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
This people are just making facebook harder. ..only this guy
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by EagleNest(m): 3:58am On Jul 26, 2019
martineverest:
many countries in Europe already fined Facebook.. European Union fine is usually much...they just fined Google

Thanks for the update.
Re: Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy by tk4rd: 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
The latest trick now coming from the GTBank is that they are opening GTB accounts for people unawares.
It happened to me, and I am not happy...
Take my case for instance, I didn't fill any GTB form whether at office or at home or anywhere, I have never dialled their *739# or whatever code which they shared on hand-fans to people, I didn't even collect the hand-fan immediately I noticed it belonged to GTB.
I have never been to any of the GTB branches for anything for more than three years now, not even to pay into another person's account, nor even to use their ATM., yet GTBank went ahead and created an account for me, and sent the account number to my phone, and requested that I supply my BVN to them.
I got alerted in my sixth-sense, that some scammers have remembered my phone number and wanted to scam me in the guise of GTB.. I laughed it off.
But on a second thought, I started wondering if the account number was scam, or whether it was actually real.
I decided to transfer money into it using my bank's mobile app, so as to see the name that will come out on it.
Lo and behold, it was my name there on the account.. And it means that GTB already has my name and some other information about me in their database, even when I have practically nothing to do with them.
That means, for real,, GTBank actually opened the account for me. But how did they get my name.?
I am really wondering how information about me got to them in the first place.
In fact, who are the people that breached their privacy policy and shared information about me, including my phone number to GTB?? How many other firms and groups and individuals (whether good or bad) had these same people shared information about me to apart from GTB?
My fellow Nairalanders, believe me, I feel so unsecured and electronically raped right now at this very moment.
As it is now,, Whichever firm is it that sold (or shared, or gifted) information about unsuspecting innocent citizens of this country to GTB (and to any other unknown firms yet), had committed a grave atrocity by going against the privacy of their clients/customers.
Funny enough, it wasn't only me they opened such accounts for. They did it to so many people, and a greater percentage of them had been ranting on their social media handles and timelines. Other people kept mute and ignored it altogether, thinking that it is nothing.
But to me, it is a big “Something”. I see something very huge and very very bad about it.
This just means that, very soon all the other banks and Insurance Firms and many other firms we know nothing about, both in Nigeria and beyond, would also get information about unsuspecting citizens from whichever sources that had decided not to protect the privacy of their trusted customers and clients, and then open unsolicited accounts in their names and forward the new account details to their phones, and start expecting them to come and be using the new accounts just like that.
That is not just Fair.
Something needs to be done about this, and it must be done quickly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers / Is 50000mah Power Bank Real? / I Updated My Iphone 11 To Ios 17 And This Notification Won’t Go Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.