Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians (35550 Views)

Govt Considers To Ban Truecaller Over Breach Of Privacy Rights Of Nigerians / Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy / How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by CGMedia: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2019
The President Muhammadu Buhari led federal government says it has commenced investigation into the activities of Truecaller App over alleged breach of privacy rights of Nigerians.

This was disclosed on Monday by the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) in a statement obtained by Igbere TV which was published on their Twitter handle.

Read full statement in the attached documents.

http://igberetvnews.com/1015136/fg-investigate-truecaller-breaching-privacy-rights-nigerians/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by kayusely70(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
It is universal

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Lagbaja01(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
My best app....80% reliable...before I transact any business with a stranger....I first check up his contact on that app grin

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
Good development

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
Who should we hold for pushing the prices of rice beyond average Nigerian worker? A bag is already N20k even before you implement your minimum wage of $83.33 per month.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Tuoyofelix(m): 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
🙄🙄
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Tuoyofelix(m): 1:10pm On Sep 23, 2019
More important issues are on ground to intervene in but no, They only speak when it suits them. This country deserves to be sold

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by 1stHooligan(m): 2:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
This is a welcome development

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by sunnedee2: 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
True caller?
In about a decade that I have been using smart phones, I have never used that app before.

But....

Government should focus on better and tangible things like providing electricity than this deliberate waste of time and money!

20 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Florblu(f): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Ok
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by sodiqapril(m): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2019
grin grin if by this time you don't the only thing this administration is good at is at lying then...

3 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Darkseid(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2019
Na wa oo, they leave FSARS wey dey our shokoto dey go investigate Truecaller wey dey Sokoto, clueless government. While they are at it, they should also investigate Google and Facebook angry angry

50 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Londonboyrep(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
Yes please long overdue. This is app is ridiculous and truly a breach of privacy. The app actually saves your name as what majority of others have saved your name as. I once checked my number on the app and saw my name saved a derogatory sexually explicit name that some of my friends call me as a joke. Funny right? Until I lost a business deal just because someone I was trying to do business with was convinced I lied about my name just because truecaller says I'm called something else! I can understand if it pulls the data from the owner of the number but it doesn't and this, in my view, is the main flaw with this app. Why should someone choose to make my name and number available to everyone especially without my permission? Disgrace of an app!

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by CheapDataGuy: 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
ha nawa oooo
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by MrAnele(m): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
We all know how e go end

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by slawomir: 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2019
Okay
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Yes
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Wigetsolar: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
That app has good and bad sides.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by SlimBrawnie(f): 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Breached? But users accept the T&C of such apps na... Kai, this government likes to spend & focus of frivolous issues!

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by superior1: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Who will investigate FG and her goro-eating idiotic leader?

Nonsense people

7 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Tolu121: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hehehe...

Monkey wan investigate Lion grin grin grin

You no go hear this news again

8 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by JubrinElSudan: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
We have read cases where other countries like France fine Google and co.in billions of dollars. Let's see how this one will pan out

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Piloeternity(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
As in ehn this truecaller app I stopped using it a long time ago when I read their terms and conditions. Of which most Nigerian don't bother reading

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by lomprico(m): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
this FG mumu gan!

truecaller breaches nothing. if I save a number as 'tupac' on my phone trucaller will tag that number as tupac. until the real owner of the number uses a different name to register d number in his/her phone before the name changes.

True caller only searches to see if a particular number is tagged with any name anywhere online.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by FuckDaMods: 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
Free truecaller jare.
Investigate 1xbet, a Russian bet company that operates in Nigeria and spy it's users.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Gideoniteprime4: 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
everyone deserves to know the identity of people calling their line
it`s our right
the stupid Nigerian government is just looking for ways to fine companies and satisfy their greedy wants
the next thing that we would hear is
``fg to investigate the usefulness of cctv camera`s in banks``
fu*king democratic government! angry

7 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by daddy001: 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
everyone deserves to know the identity of people calling their line
it`s our right
the stupid Nigerian government is just looking for ways to fine companies and satisfy their greedy wants
the next thing that we would hear is
``fg to investigate the usefulness of cctv camera`s in banks``
fu*king democratic government! angry
Good development.Just last week I received calls from some Yahoo fools ,they were not even composed.All they do is to always look for how to swindle.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by ZombieTAMER: 5:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
that APp is useless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours / Leagoo M9 official Thread / How Can I Install Apps In Sd Card On My Tecno W3? (help Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.