Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,281 members, 7,846,283 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers (20683 Views)

2021 AFCON: Omeruo Trains Separately As Super Eagles Begin Preparation For Sudan / AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Begin Training Ahead Seychelles Clash (photos) / Super Eagles Begin Their First Training In Russia Ahead Of World Cup. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers by sonyoung: 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
Alloy Agu is decieving himself... what happen to theophilus afelokia and ajoboye.. all because they cannot pay Alloy Agu... bribe... Mr Alloy what you are looking for is within u..
Re: Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers by Rajosh(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
KonceptzOnpoint:
ask Enyeama for forgiveness !
which forgiveness? Who offended him?
what was the offence?
Re: Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers by joromii: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ubong005:
If Dele Alampasu was given a chance; today we would not have been searching for a goal-keeper. He has everything to be one of the world best keepers- height, reflexes, etc. It's not too late to bring back that guy and groom.

God bless you in abundance, you shall not die young. I wanted to comment but since I couldn't meet first page, I was looking for who will mention Alampasu. my Guy. you will live to fulfil the goodness of the lord.... you spoke my heart

talking about Alampasu. I've followed that guy for years and I can say he's tge best replacement
Re: Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2019
OILOFGLADNESS:

BE POSITIVE FOR ONCE

FAULT FINDER! grin grin grin grin grin
na stupid post na na for heaven dem go search for keepers...we have decent keepers in nija league..kano pillars enyimba etc but our eyes is always abroad..and the thing here is keepers don't move like other players... imagine de gea is no one his no two ll always be on bench except injury...enyeama aiyenugba were national team keepers while at enyimba ejide was at etoile then...enyeama was here for over five years before going abroad...this is why I dislike rohr...
Re: Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ubong005:
If Dele Alampasu was given a chance; today we would not have been searching for a goal-keeper. He has everything to be one of the world best keepers- height, reflexes, etc. It's not too late to bring back that guy and groom.
the guy is good...but they ll tell u he plays for division two Portugal...2014 world cup Ochoa Mexico keeper was clubless but had a great world cup...his coach believe in him...alampasu and some keepers in Nigerian league ll do good but with rohr no hope
Re: Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
NORSYK:
They should go for these guys, they are all doing well in their respective clubs as goalkeepers, though they are still developing.

MADUKA OKOYE

SABASTIAN OSIGWE

ARTHUR OKONWO
are they better than our Nigerian league keepers... na so dem market onuachu and he was minus one at afcon...
Re: Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers by Deepthoughts: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
stagger:

Did you watch Alloy Agu in USSR '85? The U20 tournament where we won a bronze? Did you watch him lose 2 teeth saving the Super Eagles in Ghana? Or saving us from collecting a basketful of goals in Yaounde when Njonkep Bonaventure and Omam Biyik ran us ragged in a World Cup qualifier for Italia '90?

Then let me come down to late Wilfred Agbonavbare. He was a star goalkeeper at New Nigerian Bank, one of Nigeria's top clubs that produced Stephen Keshi, Humphrey Edobor, Henry Nwosu and co. He also did exploits as Abiola Babes goalkeeper. Watch Nigeria's World Cup quaifier against CIV here in Lagos in 1994 when we won 4-1. He saved us from collecting several goals in that game. Then watch his performances in La Liga playing for Rayo Vallecano.

When his death was announced, the entire stadium rose and applauded him for several minutes and raised a banner in his honour, stating that he will never be forgotten. Even Nigeria did not do such for him.

I don't think you really followed football in the 80s.
Of a truth I didn't follow football in the early 80s,I first football at Mexico 86 as a kid,but at Senegal 92 Alloy was not sharp he could have been a junior level with over age,the match in younde you mentioned,I believe David Nghodiga was the first choice Alloy came in when the cameroun player Benjamin massing injured Nghodiga in the neck in a collision,as for Agbonibare he was making so call waves for Rayo vallecano in Spain when he was drafted into the national team he showed some flashes n later became a flop,I remember vividly how the press later Nick named him AGBONIBASKET,we always have good things to say about the dead,look at uzoho,it was the same case of a teenager making waves,how has it turned out for our 19yrs old now, years down the road somebody would say uzoho was a great keep abi?,Alloy can enjoy his present position but need to sit up n do better or he should be ship out

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers by Harkyno: 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
Can't we recall Vincent Eyeama back to the super eagles squad?
Please to me if we can, He is d best goalkeeper Nigeria ever had and to keep Nigeria in d goal and leading track.
up super eagles of Nigeria!!!
cheers
Re: Super Eagles Begin Search For New Goalkeepers by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
God bless you in abundance, you shall not die young. I wanted to comment but since I couldn't meet first page, I was looking for who will mention Alampasu. my Guy. you will live to fulfil the goodness of the lord.... you spoke my heart

talking about Alampasu. I've followed that guy for years and I can say he's tge best replacement [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Seen It All: David De Gea Pens Farewell Message To Man Utd Fans / Is Sports Betting A Skill Or Luck? Best Approach To Sports Betting / Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.