Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 (10032 Views)

UK PM: Boris Johnson Withdraws From Race As Rishi Sunak Tipped To Succeed Truss / UK PM: Boris Johnson Expected To Make Shocking Return / #Partygate: UK PM, Boris Johnson narrowly Survives Confidence Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by Omooba77: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2019
Boris Johnson has become the UK’s new prime minister, promising to defy “the doubters, the doomsters and the gloomsters” by completing Brexit with a deal by 31 October.
Standing outside Downing Street after visiting the Queen, he gave a speech infused with patriotic pronouncements, saying the “people who bet against Britain are going to lose their shirts”.
He also tore into Theresa May’s record of failing to deliver Brexit, saying there had been “three years of unfounded self-doubt” under her government and it was “time to change the record to recover our natural and historic role as an enterprising, outward-looking and truly global Britain”.

Johnson told the nation: “I pay tribute to the fortitude and patience of my predecessor and her deep sense of public service.
“But in spite of all her efforts, it has become clear that there are pessimists at home and abroad who think after three years of indecision that this country has become a prisoner to the old arguments of 2016 and in this home of democracy we are incapable of honouring a democratic mandate.
“And so I am standing before you today, to tell you the British people, that those critics are wrong – the doubters, the doomsters, the gloomsters are going to get it wrong again.”
He set out a series of domestic priorities, including more money for schools, hospital upgrades, the police and social care, promising that “the buck stops with me”.
But the major focus of Johnson’s speech was his determination to carry out Brexit within the next 99 days.
“We are going to fulfil the repeated promises of parliament to the people and come out of the EU on 31 October no ifs or buts,” he said.
“And we will do a new deal, a better deal that will maximise the opportunities of Brexit while allowing us to develop a new and exciting partnership with the rest of Europe based on free trade and mutual support.
“I have every confidence that in 99 days’ time we will have cracked it. But you know what, we aren’t going to wait 99 days because the British people have had enough of waiting. The time has come to act, to take decisions, to give strong leadership and to change this country for the better.”
While Johnson said he believed a deal was likely, he sent a warning shot that he is preparing to blame Brussels if a fresh agreement cannot be reached.
“I say to our friends in Ireland, and in Brussels and around the EU, I am convinced that we can do a deal without checks at the Irish border, because we refuse under any circumstances to have such checks and yet without that anti-democratic backstop,” he said.
“And it is of course vital at the same time that we prepare for the remote possibility that Brussels refuses any further to negotiate and we are forced to come out with no deal not because we want that outcome – of course not – but because it is only common sense to prepare.”
He said preparations for a no-deal Brexit would be stepped up “with high hearts and growing confidence”, pledging that ports, banks, factories, businesses, hospitals, food companies and farmers would be ready.
Johnson was joined outside Downing Street by his partner, Carrie Symonds, who has stayed away from the limelight in recent weeks following the furore over their late-night row.
Members of his new staff also lined up to hear him, including Andrew Griffith, a Sky executive who lent him a £9.5m townhouse and will become his business adviser, and Munira Mirza, a former deputy mayor who will become No 10 policy chief.
Matt Hancock, the health secretary and a key Johnson supporter, had claimed Johnson would deliver a policy-rich speech but there was little detail to the new prime minister’s domestic promises.
Johnson said he would recruit another 20,000 police officers, stop people having to wait three weeks to see their GP, and promised 20 new hospital upgrades, more spending per pupil and an end to the social care crisis.
“That is the work that begins immediately behind that black door and though I am today building a great team of men and women I will take personal responsibility for the change I want to see. Never mind the backstop – the buck stops here,” he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/boris-johnson-becomes-pm-with-promise-of-brexit-by-31-october/

3 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by FarahAideed: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2019
He should not forget to apply total visa ban on the families of those who undermined the 2019 Nigerian elections

24 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 7:46am On Jul 25, 2019
I heard he is on support of briexit

Let's keep our fingers crossed

Please advise me

If you're to advice me on this 2 things which one will you suggest I do

1) travel to Dubai to work on a salary of 150k a month

Or

2) buy car and start doing uber, I might earn 200k a month

4 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by hisexcellency34: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2019
He should collaborate with Donald Trump, his lookalike brother

18 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by rentAcock(m): 7:46am On Jul 25, 2019
Britain leaving the European Union will ultimately lead to their downfall. The EU provided economic and military cushions to wade off hostile Russia but now the Brits have to stand on their own.

What a sad end to an empire that once colonized 3/4 of the world and ruled the high seas.

12 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by eben1marketer: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2019
[size=8pt][/size] shocked
Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by nototribalist: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2019
I'm happy UK will soon enter recession, thunder strike devil.

European Union will not change its stand, and the UK will leave without a deal which is = recession.

No be today una start to dey destroy other people's country.

UK Donald Trump fire on

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by Nemesis909: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2019
Na by power ?
Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by AbuuBilaal(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2019
A strongwill is the greatest ingredient of success.

I'm feeling this man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by iammo(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2019
Lol

Britain don enter gobe, this one na bad guy like trump, as much as they think brexit is good for their nationalism, and white.supramacist bull shit, but reality would soon done on them when other european Union start.boy.cotting their Almighty university..

Even in terms of tourism, Dubai is now getting many lodon tourist, as london infrastructure are getting old

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:

Or

1. From dubai you process australia or canada. Uber is risky these days and getting harder to make profits

7 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by franchasng: 7:47am On Jul 25, 2019
He will fail again just like his brown teeth predecessor angry

UK must die a natural death whether they like it or not, it must happen, their economy must crash even more than that of Greece!

3 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by Neddstark: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2019
This guy seems like another Trump
Making Great Britain Great Again.
Lets look at ourselves and day the truth. NIGERIA NEEDS A TRUMP

7 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by eitsei(m): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:

Please advise me

Or

Dubai, pls

2 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by princeade86(m): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2019
Did they need to vote for or against?
Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2019
Tina26:
1. From dubai you process australia or canada. Uber is risky these days and getting harder to make profits

Hmmmmm
Thanks
Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by lonelydora: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2019
Boris Johnson, wrestling too fast always mean a bad fall. Apply caution for now

1 Like

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by AbuuBilaal(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:

Please advise me

Or

2. 150k cannot give you a decent life in Dubai. Middle East is very expensive to live in.

6 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2019
grin
Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by adioolayi(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2019
Not happening...... Lot about this...more than lip service. External influencers like Trump won't allow it.
Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by ichidodo: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2019
And if he doesn't get it then he's out by November... A very brief tenure, indeed.

2 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by lonelydora: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:

Please advise me

Or

The grass is not always green at the other side.

3 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by maxiuc(m): 7:51am On Jul 25, 2019
cheesy
Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by Mutemenot(m): 7:52am On Jul 25, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:

Please advise me

Or

Don't go to Dubai, 150k is nothing in Duabi...

7 Likes

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2019
He said what he said.
Shebi 31st of October will soon reach.
Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by ifyboy60(m): 7:54am On Jul 25, 2019
the buck stops with me - Pm Boris Johnson

Buharists una don hear?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PM Boris Johnson Promised Brexit Deal By 31 October, 2019 by OlawaleBammie: 7:58am On Jul 25, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:

Please advise me

Or

I choose No2, remember u re always in pole position to enlarge ur coast and and wish list here, thou atimes it might not amount to 200k but hey!! u wil stil b happy u re nt on servitude. Remember say na for naija u fit balance well oo grin besides i dont trust all those dubai this, Saudi that joo.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Officially Calls Violence Against Rohingyas In Myanmar Genocide / Ambazonian Liberation Forces Chased Cameroonian Military Away (Video, Photos) / Vietnam President, Nguyen Xuan Resigns Amid Anti-Corruption Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.