Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,027 members, 7,835,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Ode Lawson Ogamenyi, UNIJOS First Deaf Graduate (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ode Lawson Ogamenyi, UNIJOS First Deaf Graduate (Photos) (13389 Views)

UNIJOS Student Abdulsalam Idris Beaten To Death By Course Mates Over N30k Bribe / Dan Yakubu: Alamajiri Who Turned Economics Graduate. Photos / Peace Eze Is University Of Louisiana, U.S Overall Outstanding Graduate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Ode Lawson Ogamenyi, UNIJOS First Deaf Graduate (Photos) by Olayinka8793(m): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
It is about time we learn to be specific with our use of words in describing certain people, much as l congratulate Mr Ode on his success, I think the appropriate word to describe him with is 'hearing impaired ' or partial deafness because I myself is a deaf person, as in completely deaf,thought l could speak. My complete deafness made it virtually impossible to further my education beyond secondary school into conventional universities as opposed to a university for deaf people. Or is it that there is a department for special students in UNIJOS from which he was specially lectured with sign language?

1 Like

Re: Ode Lawson Ogamenyi, UNIJOS First Deaf Graduate (Photos) by Abdin1(m): 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
owukpa:
The story of Ode Lawson Ogamenyi is inspiring. It reminds one that determination is truly success.

Lawson, despite his hearing hiccups; broke the jinx and became the first deaf graduate from both his paternal and martenal homes.

[url]WWW.IDOMAVOICE.COM[/url] gathered that Lawson is also the first deaf graduate from the University of Jos.

Sharing his inspiring story, the young man, who hailed from Otukpo, Bent State said he at a point lost hope but when the time was ripe, he scaled through.

This is the story of Lawson, the first deaf to be called a graduate from University of Jos.

WOW!!!
GOD is so AWESOME!
I'm the first deaf to be called a graduate in my Maternal and Paternal families (ODE IKWUYATUM and IGAH OGAMENYI).
From my family, I'm the first deaf person to graduate from UNIVERSITY OF JOS.
From my Village UPU and OTADA, I'm the first deaf to be called a graduate...

How time flies. Just like a dream of the night, It has come and gone. The Devil has finally been defeated. I'm now a VICTOR not a victim. The Devil delayed me from going for my NYSC for 3 good years. I lost all hope. I was mocked and laughed at by people, but now It is a story. The TEST has turned to a TESTIMONY. The DELAY has led to mind-blowing-testimonies in my life.
Hmmmm.....
Delay is really not denial....
CONGRATULATIONS TO ME ON MY POP...
HAPPY PASSING OUT TO ME....
THANKS TO MY GOD-SENT, ANGELIC MUM..
I LOVE YOU MORE MUM..
I LOVE YOU ELDER BROTHER AND SISTER..
I LOVE YOU MATERNAL UNCLES AND AUNTS

ODE LAWSON OGAMENYI
PRESIDENT/CEO
ODE OGAMENYI FOUNDATION NGO

http://www.idomavoice.com/2019/07/idoma-born-lawson-ogamenyi-becomes-first-deaf-person-to-graduate-from-unijos-photos.html

I don't think He is the first from UNIJOS. There's a guy I know, and we served together in Oyo state. He's a graduate of UNIJOS and he's deaf.
Re: Ode Lawson Ogamenyi, UNIJOS First Deaf Graduate (Photos) by GreenArrow2: 3:20am On Jul 26, 2019
Olayinka8793:
It is about time we learn to be specific with our use of words in describing certain people, much as l congratulate Mr Ode on his success, I think the appropriate word to describe him with is 'hearing impaired ' or partial deafness because I myself is a deaf person, as in completely deaf,thought l could speak. My complete deafness made it virtually impossible to further my education beyond secondary school into conventional universities as opposed to a university for deaf people. Or is it that there is a department for special students in UNIJOS from which he was specially lectured with sign language?

Yes, there is a special education department where visually/hearing impaired students study and graduate with degrees.

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Ogun Students In Detention For Destroying School Property, Parents Protest / Penalty For Exam Malpractice In Nigeria / Sorry State of Education in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.