Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,469 members, 7,843,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise (2769 Views)

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' / How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by genq(m): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
truthsayer009:

Obviously you aren't thinking in a practical & logical way, you women always have an issue with people speaking out the realities that surround your daily life that can actually help you in a long run. You want Princes & Castles story, a horse riding Prince coming to pick you up with your gold shoes.

A woman working for the sake of working just to show her husband that she can, is a NO NO to me. How can you be doing a job of 50k with an expenses of 58k. At the end, every single numbered point you mentioned there MIGHT happen. OP can invest in other ways to train his wife for better jobs, companies want people with rare skills & not hiring by emotions.

You couldn't have said it better.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by pocohantas(f): 2:37am On Jul 27, 2019
truthsayer009:
Mr , I swear down you just wrote what is on my mind.

Leaving your house for a peanut salary job thinking it's better than staying at home is a result of someone who doesn't have work experience enough in Lagos to know your hustling & buzzling doesn't translate to wealth, especially in Lagos.

It's better to stay at home & think of Work-from-home jobs & make 25k half of that salary, you have your time + money. Now if you can also learn more skills even while staying at home or hiring a private tutor. She can prepare for Certification courses & learn more.

It's not like OP is poor or making her wife suffer before giving her money, even so. The money which she's looking for would be never be found by doing this 50k job.

The pay isn't worth the stress, but I like to ask; If the OP was the one that got a 50k job after years of joblessness, will you type this same thing? Or is this sacrifice and practicality a women thing only? undecided

You are talking of career development blablabla. OP that is bothered because of 35k expense, does it sound like he has been pumping her with the kind of money that can run professional courses?

I am sure his wife thought her fellow human being can fully cater for her without qualms. Her eye done open, na nonsense 50k job she come settle for. She failed to make hay when the sun was shining grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 27, 2019
pocohantas:

The pay isn't worth the stress, but I like to ask; If the OP was the one that got a 50k job after years of joblessness, will you type this same thing?

Or is this sacrifice and practicality a women thing only? undecided

You are talking of career development blablabla. OP that is bothered because of 35k expense, does it sound like he has been pumping her with the kind of money that can run professional courses?

I am sure his wife thought her fellow human being can fully cater for her without qualms. Her eye done open, na nonsense 50k job she come settle for. She failed to make hay when the sun was shining grin

The primary responsibility of a Man is to provide his family. so even with a 10k job, he must do it & make sure the income goes into the family, no matter how small. A woman's money is hers really, let's call a spade a spade as this is Nigeria & that is how we roll. But as you have said, It's like OP isn't even giving his wife enough or making her beg for it. People don't usually tell the full story when they report other people.

One thing I'm sure of is, the family will suffer adjustment & it will take a while for things to balance again.

#1. No sex till weekends, Vaseline in use till weekends cheesy
#2. Husband will learn how to cook his own food
#3. She comes in late nights & he must not complain
Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by pocohantas(f): 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2019
truthsayer009:

The primary responsibility of a Man is to provide his family. so even with a 10k job, he must do it & make sure the income goes into the family, no matter how small. A woman's money is hers really, let's call a spade a spade as this is Nigeria & that is how we roll. But as you have said, It's like OP isn't even giving his wife enough or making her beg for it. People don't usually tell the full story when they report other people.

One thing I'm sure of is, the family will suffer adjustment & it will take a while for things to balance again.

#1. No sex till weekends, Vaseline in use till weekends cheesy
#2. Husband will learn how to cook his own food
#3. She comes in late nights & he must not complain

That is how we roll only in your heads. Which Nigerian men are the ones that can handle a family alone?

All the married women in my office use HMOs for their children's healthcare. All of them have collected car loans to buy cars, cars that society assume the man bought. Cars that the man uses to even drop them off. On Fridays, I see them use the ATM and give the cleaner to help buy foodstuff. Some will even tell you they are stressed and if not because they can't imagine going from employed to begging for hair money, they will resign.

Yet, everyday on NL I read how men do it all alone. Na person wey never work with married women you go tell this one.

If OP has the right to go work for his money, his wife has same right. That is the dream of every parent who spent money to train their daughter, that she rises to great height. Ibukun Awosika (and Late Dora) na person daughter.

I only blame his wife for not setting her priorities right from the beginning.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
pocohantas:

That is how we roll only in your heads. Which Nigerian men are the ones that can handle a family alone?

All the married women in my office use HMOs for their children's healthcare. All of them have collected car loans to buy cars, cars that society assume the man bought. Cars that the man uses to even drop them off. On Fridays, I see them use the ATM and give the cleaner to help buy foodstuff. Some will even tell you they are stressed and if not because they can't imagine going from employed to begging for hair money, they will resign.

Yet, everyday on NL I read how men do it all alone. Na person wey never work with married women you go tell this one.

If OP has the right to go work for his money, his wife has same right. That is the dream of every parent who spent money to train their daughter, that she rises to great height. Ibukun Awosika (and Late Dora) na person daughter.

I only blame his wife for not setting her priorities right from the beginning.

The Women in your office doesn't constitute the whole population LMAO & you're definitely wrong about that. A lot of Women spend their money for themselves, family & you know this sh!t is true. So the car loan you talk about would not even fly.

It is easier for them to take car loans because It's a financial institution obviously with a small interest rates. Most men pay the Rent, Children school fees, Fix repairs, Fix women's cars with their mechanics. So what exactly is the sacrifice you're talking about?

The women who beg money for hair are those who do not have a job at all, a lot of women who work also take monthly stipends from their Spouse. Even Nigerian women who relocated to Canada, Australia, Diaspora etc have refused to embrace the Western life style, they still expect their Men to take the huge financial part.

Abeg talk something else biko! Abi is it not this same Nigerian ladies that we know?

3 Likes

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by pocohantas(f): 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
truthsayer009:

The Women in your office doesn't constitute the whole population LMAO & you're definitely wrong about that. A lot of Women spend their money for themselves, family & you know this sh!t is true. So the car loan you talk about would not even fly.

It is easier for them to take car loans because It's a financial institution obviously with a small interest rates. Most men pay the Rent, Children school fees, Fix repairs, Fix women's cars with their mechanics. So what exactly is the sacrifice you're talking about?

The women who beg money for hair are those who do not have a job at all, a lot of women who work also take monthly stipends from their Spouse. Even Nigerian women who relocated to Canada, Australia, Diaspora etc have refused to embrace the Western life style, they still expect their Men to take the huge financial part.

Abeg talk something else biko! Abi is it not this same Nigerian ladies that we know?

I don't know why it is on threads like this we read how men care for the home alone. Create another thread on mother's day and story will change. It will be how their fathers were stingy and left all to their mothers.

Who is deceiving who?

Is it not the same Nigeria we know? How many homes in Nigeria are running on only one salary? I repeat, most working wives contribute to their family. They just do not brag about it, because it is what SUBMISSIVE wives are expected to do-allow the man take the glory.

Which salaries are these men using to pay these things ALONE? How much does the average Naija man earn?

So, all those elejas and alatas, selling under rain and sun. They are doing it to buy weaves and mascara ba? Men are doing it alone, yet they don't wanna marry jobless women anymore.

The same (lazy) Nigerian women, are jumping buses and waking up by 5am to prepare kids and also themselves for work, because their hardworking Naija husband can do it alone.

Yet same husband will come create thread over 35k expense. Continue deceiving yourselves. grin

Of course, if he remains the HEAD OF THE HOUSE, he MUST bring the larger share. If he says helping out in the house isn't a manly thing, HE MUST DO MANLY THINGS. Go out and bring plenty MONEY. The kind of money that won't make 50k job his wife's priority.

Women in the West still want a traditional approach? Yet Naija men leave them and come back home to marry university girls and still shoulder bills?

Most structured organisazations have different loan for their staff. It isn't a financial institution thing. Because I can't remember telling you I work in one. Thank you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2019
pocohantas:

I don't know why it is on threads like this we read how men care for the home alone. Create another thread on mother's day and story will change. It will be how their fathers were stingy and left all to their mothers.

Who is deceiving who?

Is it not the same Nigeria we know? How many homes in Nigeria are running on only one salary? I repeat, most working wives contribute to their family. They just do not brag about it, because it is what SUBMISSIVE wives are expected to do-allow the man take the glory.

Which salaries are these men using to pay these things ALONE? How much does the average Naija man earn?

So, all those elejas and alatas, selling under rain and sun. They are doing it to buy weaves and mascara ba? Men are doing it alone, yet they don't wanna marry jobless women anymore.

The same (lazy) Nigerian women, are jumping buses and waking up by 5am to prepare kids and also themselves for work, because their hardworking Naija husband can do it alone.

Yet same husband will come create thread over 35k expense. Continue deceiving yourselves. grin

Of course, if he remains the HEAD OF THE HOUSE, he MUST bring the larger share. If he says helping out in the house isn't a manly thing, HE MUST DO MANLY THINGS. Go out and bring plenty MONEY. The kind of money that won't make 50k job his wife's priority.

Women in the West still want a traditional approach? Yet Naija men leave them and come back home to marry university girls and still shoulder bills?

Most structured organisazations have different loan for their staff. It isn't a financial institution thing. Because I can't remember telling you I work in one. Thank you.

No point in arguing with you over this honestly, It seems like a blind argument to me. Man against Woman kind of argument.

How many people even work in structured organizations to start with? Let us start the count, should we? She knew his financial capability before marrying him, so you saying the kind of work that wouldn't make her work for 50k is just crap.

People coming back to marry university girls have their reasons, might be cultural, traditional etc That is another discussion entirely.

Please let's just end the argument, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by pocohantas(f): 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
truthsayer009:

No point in arguing with you over this honestly, It seems like a blind argument to me. Man against Woman kind of argument.

How many people even work in structured organizations to start with? Let us start the count, should we? She knew his financial capability before marrying him, so you saying the kind of work that wouldn't make her work for 50k is just crap.

People coming back to marry university girls have their reasons, might be cultural, traditional etc That is another discussion entirely.

Please let's just end the argument, Thanks.

It is the reality!!!

How much do Naija men have that they are running homes alone? Only on Nairaland grin

7 Likes

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by lilyheaven: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
Chia! She don't want people to say she is lazy that's why she is accepting the job.
But she should try and understand she is only suffering herself for nothing. I wish she will understand.
Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by yeyeosoronga: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2019
pocohantas:

Who is deceiving who?

Poco Poco, with ya sharp mouth. I absolutely love it.
What a mess grin grin
Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by yeyeosoronga: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2019
truthsayer009:

Are you married?
Likely not.
In the Nigerian society of today (infact from 15 years ago or much longer, many men have lost their earning power and the women are giving them a run for their money).
The fowl sweats, but the feathers have covered it up. Most people are not privy to what goes on in the homes of married people. Hardly will you find a woman that will take up a stressful job if not out of necessity. The majority of women of rich men usually run their own businesses or have jobs that don't require too much stress and still brings in good money.
In Nigeria, you see females hustling legitimately everywhere to make ends meet. Even in the abroad, they run around to help pay the bills

3 Likes

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by armyofone(m): 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
Woman race - not yet uhuru! Nig men should just appreciate, simple!
Nice post!

pocohantas:

Sorry, had to avoid quoting all wink

2 Likes

Re: Is This Kind Of Job Not More Of A Slavery For A Married Woman,please Advise by ednut1(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
.madam us feed up of staying at home

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Hates Me / (updated, they all died)Black Cockroach Is Killing Me. / Your Childhood Memories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.