Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (48074 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by foreshore(m): 7:56am On Jul 26, 2019
EkunKekere:
He is actually trespassing even though he's the landlord, because you are the lawful occupant of the property.

If you suspect he has stolen anything from you, you can also initiate legal proceedings against him or report him to the police.

In the long run though, you may have to move out of that premises.

That one is a long story. Simply change the keys
Chikena!!!
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Generalwoodz(m): 7:56am On Jul 26, 2019
A
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by mamajj17(f): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2019
rentAcock:
Buy a German shepherd, pit bull or rottweiler and I assure you, you wont have this problem again.

U funny dear, if he waka go for days, how Dog go eat?

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by malachee: 7:57am On Jul 26, 2019
put cctv
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Christafarian(m): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2019
ipobarethieves:
Replace/change the key not the handle/doorknob. It cost N500/700 naira only. How I wish u can connect electric shock on d doorknob/ /camera inside ur room to capture the intruder. if it is the landlord, lucky U cos he must cough out '900, 000k u keep inside ur room or police will see d video
grin grin grin
My guy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2019
Be very careful in that compound make the landlord no set you up or even kill you .

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Dgr8hassiE(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
If don't know how to catch a thief.
A thief will catch you.
My honest advice to you is used CCTV camera first.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
Sneak into his own apartment and ruffle up some things so he knows you know what he's been up to. And when he tries to confront you, ogbeni, wire am slap cool

An eye for an eye. My 2 cents

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by piippa(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
Install a Camera in your living room first to capture the Culprit so you can be sure. After having evidence you can change the lock.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by itsmayiela(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
Abeg, free the landlord.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by betterpikinn: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:
I Live in an apartment, just me and my landlord . I noticed strange things when I travel,I don’t meet things the way I left them when I’m back

It’s a modern door so padlocks can’t be used ,no intruder can come in because it’s well fenced and gated.
I’m 100% sure he has my spare keys,I can’t be saying how I found out he has my keys cox he might be reading this as well.

Please what do I do. I feel my privacy is being tampered it.

Set him up
Set a CCTV camera
There are cheap ones...
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by nelszx: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
Change the key, just the one the lock can open and leave the knob. The intruder would think it's the same thing. Change the key would cost you like 500 naira or so. So you'd be the only one holding the keys but if you're buoyant enough you can install a camera inside to see whom the intruder is.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Fanika22: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
They've said it all. Buy yourself a spy cam.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by ojojameso(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
fix a hidden camera and get evidence in this era of many Thomases and to save yourself too.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Harbeeorlar(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
All u need is a CCTV. Don't mind the cost, the culprit will end up paying for it when caught.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by ericuzor(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:
I Live in an apartment, just me and my landlord . I noticed strange things when I travel,I don’t meet things the way I left them when I’m back

It’s a modern door so padlocks can’t be used ,no intruder can come in because it’s well fenced and gated.
I’m 100% sure he has my spare keys,I can’t be saying how I found out he has my keys cox he might be reading this as well.

is this not the same landlord you slept with his wife and she gives you more respect than the husband,maybe he is suspecting you and looking for evidence.

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by ArticleBeast: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2019
ichidodo:
Confront the landlord..
Very wrong he might get him/her killed if he is a bad person.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by encrypt(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2019
Setup hidden cameras in your house travel as usual...once you're back review the footage. The first goal shouldn't be to scare him off but to find out exactly what he or whoever has been entering your apartment has been doing in there.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by chimchim1(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2019
How can your Monika be death is free yet you want us to comment

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Ikem11(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

I really need to bro.

You can't report him to authorities since you not for certain is him. And even if is him you got no proof to backup your claim.

To avoid creating more problems for your self by pointing fingers, simply install a camera hidden inside your apartment ( might cost you small but worth It)

Catching the intruder red handed you can charge him/her for damages and still cover all your expenses.

Never confront or report your landlord without tangible proof beyond reasonable doubt or trust me u will regret it

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Ikem11(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2019
Ikem11:

You can't report him to authorities since you not for certain is him. And even if is him you got no proof to backup your claim.

To avoid creating more problems for your self by pointing fingers, simply install a camera hidden inside your apartment ( might cost you small but worth It)

Catching the intruder red handed you can charge him/her for damages and still cover all your expenses.

Never confront or report your landlord without tangible proof beyond reasonable doubt or trust me u will regret it
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Hotzone(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2019
If u are not in good term with him, invite police. If he prove stubborn, charge it to court. With good IPO/Lawyer who can draft a good petition of privacy invasion/threat to life, ur landlord shall be invited and subsequently a search warrant ensues immediately with subtle intent to find any key that may match urs or any incriminating material, either he goes to jail or he drags his feet outta jail with condition of fine.

Rude landlords

Imagine were Shiek El Zakzaky is your landlord

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Skoopy(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2019
Embark on an illusive journey, give him an illusive date of return, and give him a surprise comeback at an odd hour.... It just might work.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Nackzy: 8:02am On Jul 26, 2019
Get or rent a CCTV cam and install it in an hidden position
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by AuroraB(f): 8:03am On Jul 26, 2019
rentAcock:
Buy a German shepherd, pit bull or rottweiler and I assure you, you wont have this problem again.
...I guess they'll be fed by ghosts when he travels sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by ikorodureporta: 8:04am On Jul 26, 2019
Maybe na d ghost of former occupant sef...abi e no possible??

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Ikem11(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2019
Hotzone:
If u are not in good term with him, invite police. If he prove stubborn, charge it to court. With good IPO, either he goes to jail or he drags his feet outta jail with condition of fine.

Rude landlords

On what ground are you advising him to charge the landlord? He got no evidence. You can't charge someone to court simply because your mere suspicion

And mind you, him accusing the landlord makes him more difficult to catch whomever it may be

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Skye231(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2019
change the key na. Abi

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by madgoat(m): 8:07am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:

Plz if you can change the lock, do so ASAP. If he ask you, tell him sometimes your key gets stuck inside/lock is bad and you also want to give a spare key to your fiancee. Or just outrightly tell him you dont feel your things are safe because you noticed some things missing in your apartment and maybe one of the artisans that came to work still has a spare key.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Prettiedame: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2019
Does he have grown sons? Those ones in university that have refused to be useful.

Change your lock

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by omhor(f): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2019
The solution is for you to change the keys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Architecture: Construction Of Duplex In Lekki & Akwa-Ibom State. / Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out / How I Survived After Spending 3 Hours Under Lagos Collapsed Building - Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.