Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries (17329 Views)

ISWAP Slaughters Member For Diverting Funds For Food To Personal Use In Borno / Hushpuppi Responsible For Diverting Money From SS Lazio / EFCC To Arraign NFF Director For Diverting N3.4bn FIFA Fund (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by GistMore11: 8:40am On Jul 27, 2019
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested Tukur Yabo, Director of Works and Housing, Tureta Local Government Area; Hon. Abubakar Maigishiri, a Councilor, Social Welfare, Tureta LGA; Danjuma Ibrahim, a Cashier with Ministry of Social Welfare and Community Development, Sokoto State, and Sambo Abdullahi, a staff of the same Ministry for their alleged involvement in the criminal diversion of N980,000 public funds.

A statement from the antigraft agency says they were arrested on July 25, 2019 following investigation of a petition alleging that some employees of Sokoto Marshal Corps/ Neighborhood Watch Operatives of Tureta Local Government were not paid their April, May and June salaries.

It was further alleged that the salaries were diverted to personal use by the arrested suspects, as all efforts by the workers to get their salaries proved abortive.

Investigations revealed that Yabo conspired with Maigishiri, and the two others to share among themselves, the salaries of 15 Neighbourhood employees leaving them unpaid.

In the course of interrogation, they confessed to their roles in the criminal diversion of the salaries. The sum of N300,000 being part of the money diverted, has been recovered from them.

They will soon be charged to court.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/sokoto-councillor-director-two-others-arrested-for-diverting-workers-salaries

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Blackfire(m): 11:34am On Jul 27, 2019
See faces like who just arrive for hell fire.

10 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Babaheekmat: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
Kill them..

Many would have died due to the unpaid salaries

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by momodub: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
cheesy see them
Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by gaetano: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
Abokis can loot ehn. Central Bank of babariga

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by rentAcock(m): 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
I was told Northeners are comfortable making less than N5,000 a month and they have no atom of greed in their bones. They said just give them enough money for tea, they don't eat much and live very frugally. I guess they were wrong after all.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by martineverest(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
capital punishment Willems corruption in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2019
Na wa
Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Blogfarms: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2019
and one dwarf guy will be saying corruption is in the south
Mtcheww

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by harryjunior17(m): 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2019
Damn.. this is absolute wickedness.. depriving workers of the wages due to them.. and it's even from the north. I taught the northerners are people of integrity..

4 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Hotzone(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
I think sey na only Igbo man like awoof!
Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Awesomefred32(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
Please EFCC should also come and do the needful in my own LGA..
Since March till now....they never pay workers....
Looting looting up and down

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Amowap2019(m): 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
I just hate dix type of people with passion!

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by bewla(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2019
Not what I expect
Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
Make them go hang dem jare..
Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Folagboye95(m): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
That serves them right, while the ruled are wallowing in abject poverty, the ruler are busy enriching their stomach infrastructure..
Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Lekanboii: 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2019
Makes me remember during my NYSC days in kebbi state wey some of der oga at ministry of education chop our state monthly allowance. Na so we go protest oo, na dem hausa tout with dagger pursue us�. If u see race, thank God na back i dey.

Neat iphone 6s Plus 128GB for sale. Call or whatsapp 09o68535652. Lagos-Ikotun. Only Serious buyers should chat or call pls

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by brainhgeek(m): 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
GistMore11:
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested Tukur Yabo, Director of Works and Housing, Tureta Local Government Area; Hon. Abubakar Maigishiri, a Councilor, Social Welfare, Tureta LGA; Danjuma Ibrahim, a Cashier with Ministry of Social Welfare and Community Development, Sokoto State, and Sambo Abdullahi, a staff of the same Ministry for their alleged involvement in the criminal diversion of N980,000 public funds.

A statement from the antigraft agency says they were arrested on July 25, 2019 following investigation of a petition alleging that some employees of Sokoto Marshal Corps/ Neighborhood Watch Operatives of Tureta Local Government were not paid their April, May and June salaries.

It was further alleged that the salaries were diverted to personal use by the arrested suspects, as all efforts by the workers to get their salaries proved abortive.

Investigations revealed that Yabo conspired with Maigishiri, and the two others to share among themselves, the salaries of 15 Neighbourhood employees leaving them unpaid.

In the course of interrogation, they confessed to their roles in the criminal diversion of the salaries. The sum of N300,000 being part of the money diverted, has been recovered from them.

They will soon be charged to court.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/sokoto-councillor-director-two-others-arrested-for-diverting-workers-salaries

Wawuu, because of common 900k (average of 215k/person) you tarnish and finish your politika karia. Wehdone ogas we mumu. Wetin I know sef....

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by prigoz(m): 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2019
This is wickedness of highest order. Imagine, you have enjoyed your salaries and still went ahead to embezzle other people's salaries. They should face the music but also check the pix I post now and see his our FG fight corruption. What an irony

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by middlebelter(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
[quote author=gaetano post=80680003] Abokis can loot ehn. Central Bank of babariga [/quo

I don't know the leader in looting in this country. Yes, northern can loot no doubt especially given that they have more opportunities to government appointments than southerners. However, I am tempted to think that Southerners are leaders in this area. Look at the huge allocations from derivation. Just imagine James Ibori and the way he was celebrated when he returned from UK prison back to Delta state. We are not sure Okowa has not returned the recovered looted funds back to Ibori. Look at Alamesiaye the former Governor of Bayelsa, or shall we talk about Deziene Madueke etc?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by atheistandproud(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
Lekanboii:
Makes me remember during my NYSC days in kebbi state wey some of der oga at ministry of education chop our state monthly allowance. Na so we go protest oo, na dem hausa tout with dagger pursue us�. If u see race, thank God na back i dey.

Sokoto was worse. We had to protest twice, blocking the entrance to the state House of assembly and then had to block the entrance of the government House.
Gov. Tambuwal was shocked. He said he'd already dropped our money. He was the one who personally oversaw our payment with a direct order. Na so officials were coming to look for us in our PPA to pay us after we had been begging them for more than 10 months.
Northerners like money and woman die!!! No think am sef.

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by armadeo(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
These people really are foolish.

Did they think they would just chop peoples salary and clean mouth. No idea of embezzlement practices.

Dumb mofos
Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by sexdoll: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
if you see these idiots praying eh, you'll think they are already living with God in heaven.

but leave them with public funds, and you will understand why stealing is really corruption.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by Skye231(m): 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2019
Awon ashierey
Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by ekestic1976(f): 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
It's as sure as the rising of the Sun every morning that these ones will not celebrate Sallah at home this year. I swear!
Re: Sokoto Councillor, Director, Two Others Arrested For Diverting Workers’ Salaries by magzey: 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
emperorblog21:
Make them go hang dem jare..
Who did they kill?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arraign Six Herdsmen Over Benue Killings / LG Workers’ Salaries Snatched At Gun-point In Enugu / Notorious Indian Hemp Dealer Arrested In Katsina (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.