Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,811 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why I Built Another Mobile Marketing (bulk SMS) Platform, Sms.com.ng - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why I Built Another Mobile Marketing (bulk SMS) Platform, Sms.com.ng (750 Views)

Check This Site I Built For A Foreign Client / Website Design, Ecommerce Website,web App Development, Mobile Marketing. / Mobile Marketing Business Setup Offer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Built Another Mobile Marketing (bulk SMS) Platform, Sms.com.ng by FraNKAPP(m): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2019
Let’s be quick on this one, SMS.com.ng.

1. The business is very profitable (ego dị na ya nwanne).
2. I needed to go from scratch and be independent of any particular company to render my services.
3. I wanted to deliver bulk SMS to all Networks including DND numbers and ensure 99.99% delivery rate without extra charges.
4. I needed to add more enticing features.
5. I wanted to be unlimited.

I don’t want to write a long story today because today is Sunday and you probably should be eating some chicken somewhere now. Nevertheless, let me give you an overview.

1. THE BUSINESS IS PROFITABLE

So, I started appwebSMS, my first bulk SMS platform in July 2016 and today, we have over 5,000 paying customers and 8,000 mobile app downloads. We make an average profit of NGN 1.00 per unit sold because we get the units in bulk.

I never believed that all those 1 Naira profits per unit can turn to some real little money until the volume turnover started becoming interesting.

But why not more profits? Well, even Dangote still dey find money. Who I be?

There are still so many customers waiting to patronize new platforms that have great promises. I think SMS.com.ng does.

2. I NEEDED TO GO FROM SCRATCH AND BE INDEPENDENT

When I started my first platform, I had very little knowledge about the industry and I hugged the nearest solution.

I went through the most popular and easiest route then, using a Joomla SMS Portal Creator component made by our Nigerian brothers. I give them so much thanks for giving us this opportunity to launch into the market quickly. They are wonderful.

But I was limited to one payment gateway because it wasn’t easy to go with another company.

I was also limited to customization options.

I wanted more options.

3. I NEEDED TO DELIVER BULK SMS TO DND NUMBERS

As time passed by, I found out that the frustrations faced by customers increased due to DND issues and I needed to solve this problem. I couldn’t easily do it with appwebSMS because I couldn’t customize the platform (editing the codes), so I decided to go back to the drawing board and strategies on the best way forward.

The only solution was to create another platform, and luckily, during this process, I found out a means to solve the DND issues of appwebSMS using the new platform.

As it stands now, the two platforms are working perfectly well and both deliver bulk SMS to DND numbers at no extra charges.

4. THERE WAS A NEED FOR MORE FEATURES

I needed to include Flash SMS, Robo Calls and many others. I couldn’t achieve these on appwebSMS even though it’s still the rock.

5. BE UNLIMITED

Who doesn’t want to? Well, with this new platform, SMS.com.ng, I can easily add new features in the future more easily.

The two platforms, appwebSMS and SMS.com.ng are working very well separately and there is never a thought of a merge.

Each has its mobile app at appwebSMS/app and SMS.com.ng/app. You can check them out too.

You can visit and drop your reviews. Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Tech Writer To Work With Me / 2019 Best Offer, Advertise Freely To Nigeria! / I Want To Change My Site Looks, Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.