Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) (27717 Views)

Huge Crowd At Osun-Osogbo Festival (Photos) / Ekiti: 3 Killed, Oba Bobade Adeleke Chased Out Over Ogun Festival (Photos) / Ooni Of Ife, Ogundamisi, Participating In The Oshoosi Festival (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by GISTM0RE: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, on Saturday July 27th, led thousands of Osun faithfuls who stormed his Ile Oodua Palace across the country to celebrate the 2019 edition of Ita-Osun festival.

While addressing newsmen after offering supplications to the deity, the Ooni described Osun Sengese as the progenitor of all water deities across the world, adding that the festival was meant to acknowledge the deity which is known for fortunes.

“As you all known that water is indispensable to our survival as human, Osun Sengese is a major deity in Yoruba land known for the performance of wonders through the water. Water has numerous healing and prosperity potentials as brought to us by Sengese, the mother of all water deities across the world. I pray that we shall always be fortunate, may our glory never be buried under water and may we never encounter flooding. Happy celebration.” he said

The festival was witnessed by traditional rulers, high chiefs, foreign tourists from Brazil, Ireland Cuba to join the Osun worshipers who had come from all the states of the Yorubaland.

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/ooni-of-ife-participates-in-osun-deity-festival-photos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by GISTM0RE: 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Oche211(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
Ooni in shrine, Ooni in church.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Numismatic(m): 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2019
Man with swag..

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Abortedfetus(m): 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
I don't just understand this man.
A king who is a Christian but will always participate in idol worship and married to a prophetess.
Highly respected by church leaders all over d country.
Am even surprised dat he has not invited papa Adeboye to help him dedicate a new shrine to d goddess yemoja.

Hypocrites.

If it was me that was seen branching d house of baba adekija to collect my monthly dosage of safe body and apeeyen dat is even good for malaria.
Na back bench get me be dat and unending casting of my personality. angry

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by GISTM0RE: 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by soberdrunk(m): 7:26am On Jul 30, 2019
See how Ooni dey pour libation with Swag in the 2nd pic....... cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by mimilogistics: 7:27am On Jul 30, 2019
embarassed cry
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by SoftP(m): 7:27am On Jul 30, 2019
We are gradually regaining our senses back in Africa.

The truth is, people can't really differentiate between religion, tradition and culture.

We have long standing history here in Africa. Sango, Ogun and co. Were all great ancestors like Ceasar, Zeus, Augustus

There are foster and biological parents. Only a foolish child will diswon his biological parents just because the other is offering red porridge.

This is Africa and any child who refused to acknowledge his root source has gone against the biblical fifth commandment' & so, as the gods are strangling him, the biblical judgement will also befall him

41 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Bashoruntolu(m): 7:28am On Jul 30, 2019
Ebo afi iku baba yeye

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Boyooosa(m): 7:29am On Jul 30, 2019
Just bothered on his new wife's religious reservation...
although e nor consign me sha.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by princeade86(m): 7:29am On Jul 30, 2019
Cool. Greatest monarch in history of Nigeria. Oni crown is number 1.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by MuttleyLaff: 7:30am On Jul 30, 2019
GISTM0RE:
Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, on Saturday July 27th, led thousands of Osun faithfuls who stormed his Ile Oodua Palace across the country to celebrate the 2019 edition of Ita-Osun festival.

While addressing newsmen after offering supplications to the deity, the Ooni described Osun Sengese as the progenitor of all water deities across the world, adding that the festival was meant to acknowledge the deity which is known for fortunes.

“As you all known that water is indispensable to our survival as human, Osun Sengese is a major deity in Yoruba land known for the performance of wonders through the water. Water has numerous healing and prosperity potentials as brought to us by Sengese, the mother of all water deities across the world. I pray that we shall always be fortunate, may our glory never be buried under water and may we never encounter flooding. Happy celebration.” he said

The festival was witnessed by traditional rulers, high chiefs, foreign tourists from Brazil, Ireland Cuba to join the Osun worshipers who had come from all the states of the Yorubaland
Confused.com king.
The king is more confused than a fart let ripped out, on the production line of a fan-making factory. The mess doesnt know which direction to smell towards

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by kolafolabi(m): 7:30am On Jul 30, 2019
All these things need to be stopped. Let's the Obas emulate the Oba of Iwoland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by drips8(m): 7:30am On Jul 30, 2019
How many religions is the man practicing?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by salford1: 7:30am On Jul 30, 2019
YeYe ooo
Oonirisha

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by chikeze(m): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2019
Oche211:
Ooni in shrine, Ooni in church
Where him leg dey?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by Babaheekmat: 7:31am On Jul 30, 2019
I feel very soon.

Idol worshipping would be part of civilization in which gullible generation would take it as been grownup thing to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by ednut1(m): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2019
Bros chose one side. And stop this remixes

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by TANID(m): 7:32am On Jul 30, 2019
Oche211:
Ooni in shrine, Ooni in church
As Usual nah
Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by MrBONE2(m): 7:32am On Jul 30, 2019
He was one of the BoneBeings in Da world that made me to be Proudly African grin

May Great One of KiVuKi Land bless him grin

Gyarbonka

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by etrouble: 7:33am On Jul 30, 2019
sheywen:
Is it possible to practice more than one religion? me I no know o

I am a Muslim. I also follow my wife to the Church when I am less busy.

12 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by BizBayo: 7:37am On Jul 30, 2019
At least Nigeria go make some money from tourist.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Participates In Osun Deity Festival (photos) by johnydon22(m): 7:37am On Jul 30, 2019
kolafolabi:
All these things need to be stopped. Let's the Obas emulate the Oba of Iwoland
No. Christianity and Islam needs to be stopped rather.

You people are mad

23 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are The Idomas Igbos / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris Out For Eid Prayers / Monkey Wearing A Jersey At The Hawan Daushe Durbar In Bauchi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.